Article questioning everybody giving up on Cards!

ArizonaElvis

Registered
Reaction score
Schein 9: Pundits foolishly gave up on Cardinals

by Adam Schein

Adam Schein hosts the Sirius Blitz on Sirius NFL Radio from 11-3 ET. He also co-hosts Loudmouths on Sports Net New York every weeknight at 6 ET. He is a weekly columnist, files weekly video reports and makes NFL picks "video style" for FOXSports.com. Email Adam here.

add this RSS email print
Updated: September 24, 2009, 10:13 AM EDT
43 comments

I've recently seen the cost to send my daughter to nursery school in New York City next fall.

Good thing Jim Zorn and Norv Turner are keeping everyone in business.
Then again, the way it's going, she might skip the ABCs and just coach the Redskins.
Plus, the Jets live up to Kerry Rhodes' words.
The Titans don't take a punch.
And the Bengals knock me out of my survivor pool.
We navigate through the madness, figure out if it's time to panic, and hand out the Week 2 SCHEINERS in our SCHEIN 9 ...
1. Foaming at the mouth

Every NFL team craves a hot start.
Panic at the disco after two weeks? Let's examine.

I couldn't believe how many talking heads declared the NFC champion Cardinals dead after a home loss to a good 49ers team. This was the single-most foolish notion flooding the airwaves. The Cards eradicated the stereotype they can't play on the east coast by dominating the Jaguars on offense, defense and special teams. I still like 1-1 Arizona to win 11 games. A win on national television this weekend against Indy would go a long way in the court of public opinion. And I think the Cards can get it.
The 0-2 Jags are a mess. Jack Del Rio's team is finished for 2009. Pack it in.
In Tennessee, it's time to panic. The defense doesn't look the same now that both Jim Schwartz and Albert Haynesworth have left the building. I cannot believe Houston came into the Titans' house and poured 34 points on the now 0-2 Titans. Chuck Cecil looks a tad overmatched running the defense. Now, Jeff Fisher is one of the best coaches in the NFL. And we've seen this script before where the Titans are left for dead and suddenly go on a major winning streak. But I think the competition is too great and the Titans don't have enough sizzle in the passing attack. I didn't pick them preseason to make the tournament and obviously think the task toward recovery is daunting, starting this week at the Jets, which should be another loss.
The Eagles have injuries at every position on offense, starting with Donovan McNabb. The defense was dominated on Sunday. Andy Reid's game plan against New Orleans was goofy, putting the ball in Kevin Kolb's hands. And sure, the human distraction, Mr. Michael Vick, is eligible to play. But I cannot panic. The Eagles are too strong when it comes to coaches and talent and have yet to play a game in the division. The Eagles will be fine.
Jake Delhomme and the Panthers played better on Sunday, but still lost a division road game in Atlanta. The Panthers are 0-2 and going nowhere. We chronicled Delhomme's follies last week. They have overshadowed the struggles on defense. With Atlanta and New Orleans looking strong, I think it's officially panic time.
The 0-2 Dolphins are in panic mode. The Jets, Patriots and Bills are all better than last year. Miami blew an opportunity to beat Indy at home in a ballgame when they dominated time of possession. Tony Sparano and the Fish didn't play with any sense of urgency down the stretch and did a poor job managing the clock and game (how do you settle for a field goal on a 3rd-and-6 before the Manning touchdown?). Then WR Ted Ginn dropped two touchdowns, including on the final drive. The Dolphins have 8-8 written all over them.
2. Rise and SCHEIN

A lot of players stepped up in big spots this week.
Washington safety Chris Horton played an excellent game. He saved the Washington win when he stripped Donnie Avery of the football as St. Louis was trying to take the lead in the fourth quarter. That shifted all the momentum back to Washington on a day it really seemed ripe to be upset. This is not a one-game fluke. Horton should play at this level all season.
This offseason, I called Falcons linebacker Mike Peterson the most underrated move of the entire offseason. He has been a team leader and tackling machine for the 2-0 Falcons and their surprisingly strong defense.
Calais Campbell, a player the brass really likes in Arizona, blocked a crucial Jacksonville field-goal attempt in a huge situation for the Cardinals.
Denver's Elvis Dumervil doesn't seem fazed by the adjustment to the 3-4 defense, sacking Brady Quinn four times.
I'm always thrilled for RB Correll Buckhalter when he is healthy enough to contribute after all the game time he missed with injuries in Philly. Buckhalter, now in Denver, had 76 yards and a TD on just nine carries. If he's healthy, Buckhalter will contribute in Josh McDaniels' backfield all year. With the help of three new starters up front, Fred Jackson carved out a career day with 163 rushing yards in a strong bounce-back win for Buffalo over the Bucs.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Wonder what Jimmy Johnson thinks now?

All he thinks is "how about them cowgirls!!!!!"

He is a tool IMO, he doesnt bring anything to the table except the fact he won with a bunch of drug doing thugs in dallas, except Troy and Emmitt. I cant stand either one of them tho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05