Available Free Agents I like...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Some names still available that I would be interested in. I'm not sure I spend a ton on any of these guys, but there is still some talent available. Elvis Dumervil is #1 if he gets released.

OG
Brandon Moore

OT
Max Starks

TE
Brandon Myers
Tom Crabtree

WR
Darius Heyward Bey
Kevin Walter

RB
Ahmad Bradshaw
Khalil Bell

DE
Matt Shaughnessy
Kenyon Coleman
Marcus Spears
Richard Seymour

OLB
Osi Umenyiora
Victor Butler
Shaun Phillips
Calvin Pace

ILB
Brad Jones
Rey Maualuga
Brian Urlacher
Bart Scott
Daryl Smith

CB
Nnamdi Asomugha
Brent Grimes
Antoine Winfield
Antoine Cason

S
Michael Huff
Quintin Mikell

P
Shane Lechler

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Pace would be solid in this defense.... I wonder if he has anything left though.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers
1-yr deal for Shaughnessy, according to multiple outlets. Cardinals also talking to cason about short-term deal

Cason isn't out of the mix yet.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
What the Hell is Going On???

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis
Hold on, contract not filed in time. Elvis Dumervil has been officially released

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Had no idea Daryl Smith was a FA, I know we're done signing ILBs and he's more of a Will....he's just an awesome player.

Arizona_Steve

Veteran
Reaction score
Elvis Dumervil? Now that the Broncos have been forced to release him following an agent screw-up. Serves 'em right for taking Peyton from us... :)

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had no idea Daryl Smith was a FA, I know we're done signing ILBs and he's more of a Will....he's just an awesome player.

Old and recovering from a season ending injury last year.

Arizona_Steve

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, but it seemed pretty certain up to a few minutes ago that he was going to restructure his contract with the Broncos. Gotta love his agent.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter
For those asking RT @kentsomers: my rough estimate: #azcardinals have to be close to ending their shopping. Maybe 5-6 mil of cap room.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Hearing that Kevin Boothe, one of top OL still on market, taking to NYG, his most recent team, as well as CAR, NYJ and AZ

Leverge or real?

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This seemed like the best thread to place this post.

Mike Jurecki has previously stated that the Cardinals are probably not done in free agency, and that they would like to bring in a couple of offensive linemen in the next wave of free agency. So I decided to list some players that I would like to see brought in, at least for a visit. Also, if the team continues with these short-term, prove-it deals I think its okay to add some more or less questionable players to the roster.

We would probably all like to get one of Jake Long, Sebastian Vollmer or Andre Smith. That most likely won’t happen though, so I didn’t include them.

As for offensive linemen I really believe the plan is to start Levi Brown and Bobbie Massie at tackles. Arians has spoken highly of Potter, but there really isn’t much depth. I would like to see them bring in Ryan Harris, previously with the Houston Texans. Obviously there is a reason why he has been with two teams for the past two seasons, but I do think he has some talent and is at least a serviceable backup.

At offensive guard I would take a look at Antoine Caldwell and Eben Britton. Neither has lived up to expectation at respectively the Texans and the Jaguars, but they surely has some skills so I think a new beginning might be good to them. Caldwell can play both center and guard while Britton can play guard and be used at tackle in a pinch. I think the fact that they are both young and that both have only failed with one team indicates that they might still end up with nice careers. The market for offensive guards in not that good, and I like the idea of bringing in some young players as I do believe the entire interior offensive line is set for a makeover in the coming years.

The team lacks a speed receiver, so I would bring in Darrius Heyward-Bey to see with he asks for. If he is okay with a fair deal for both parties I would sign him. He was obviously drafted way to high but that doesn’t mean he has no talent. Actually, he was only cut because of his contract.

Fred Davis is a tight end I really like. He might be the most expensive of the players I have on this list, but injuries and a slow market for him could make him re-think his demands. Arians needs another tight end for his offense, and
I really think Davis and Housler would be a dangerous tandem.

I like what they have done with the defense. I would still like to bring in an edge rusher though, even after hearing that they might use Lorenzo Alexander in that role. Victor Butler is a guy I think cut do really good with another team. At Dallas he almost never got a chance because they have Demarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer, but Butler actually did pretty well when he did get a shot.

Michael Huff might be the best, and quite possibly only good, safety left on the market (I’m not counting older players like Ed Reed, Charles Woodson or Ronde Barber). I would consider bringing him in if nothing else because there is no depth at all on the roster. I actually think it’s more likely to be addressed through the draft, maybe even after a free agent-signing, and I really believe Kenny Vaccaro could be in play in the first round.

So here is my list of my desired targets.

Offensive tackle – Ryan Harris.

Offensive guard – Antoine Caldwell.

Offensive guard – Eben Britton.

Wide receiver – Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Tight end – Fred Davis.

Outside linebacker – Victor Butler.

Safety – Michael Huff.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The name that caught my eye was Michael Huff. I wonder whether Shaughnessy might carry some influence with his Raider teammate.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Chopper-----the FO has signed two that you were looking at, Shaunessy and Cason. I read somewhere that we are looking at Moore for the O-line. That would give me a pretty good feeling if I had made this list. Nice work.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
I read somewhere that we were talking to Kevin Boothe of the Giants. Anyone hear word about this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ttownman

Reaction score
As I said in the add OL thread. I like two low cost players from BA's Steelers offense.
Max Starks who is great in pass pro and Doug Legursky. A very good center and even at backup he adds value in short yardage, especially short and goal , as a blocking full back in a formation called the Big Legursky where he lines up at FB and blows open a huge hole.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Chopper-----the FO has signed two that you were looking at, Shaunessy and Cason. I read somewhere that we are looking at Moore for the O-line. That would give me a pretty good feeling if I had made this list. Nice work.

Thanks. Next time I will do a thread of players I think they will sign and we can see how close I get then.

In regards to the Cardinals going forward, I still believe Mewelde Moore is in the mix. Max Starks and Brandon Moore make sense if the team is committed to unloading future cap issues this offseason. Shaun Phillips will probably get signed, and Michael Huff makes a ton of sense if Bethel is moving to CB.

I expect a couple more one year deals to fill out the roster and allow us to move on from bad contracts which seems to be the goal this offseason.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would someone outline the similarities and differences between Max Starks and Oliver Ross? I continually confuse the two.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Would someone outline the similarities and differences between Max Starks and Oliver Ross? I continually confuse the two.

Starks has better feet and technique than Ross did which is what allows him to be servicable at LT while Ross was a servicable RT at best. Starks isn't a great athlete, but he can be a very good backup at LT and played for under 1 mil in 2012. He would be a great bargain buy if he will sign for what he did last year.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Thanks. Next time I will do a thread of players I think they will sign and we can see how close I get then.

In regards to the Cardinals going forward, I still believe Mewelde Moore is in the mix. Max Starks and Brandon Moore make sense if the team is committed to unloading future cap issues this offseason. Shaun Phillips will probably get signed, and Michael Huff makes a ton of sense if Bethel is moving to CB.

I expect a couple more one year deals to fill out the roster and allow us to move on from bad contracts which seems to be the goal this offseason.
I really hope the release College or Snyder this year..