AZ 26 SEA 24 Thoughts

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I think the QB position is the only one where playing for Arians puts a bull's eye on you

How about for WR Larry Fitzgerald having to block 20+ times a game in the box? Miraculously, Fitz has avoided getting rolled up on and Fitz keeps himself in such stellar shape...but he takes an unusual pounding.

The pressure on the OL is enormous, JG.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had this crap shoved down my throat by a former employer several years ago. When Lou Tice got an obscene amount of money to pitch this crap to us, his prime exhibit was pete carroll. Carroll talked a bunch of crap about how he was going to use this garbage to stop gang violence in la. He said he was in it for the long haul. Of course, he was full of crap and bailed on all of it. Leaving the kids there in the lurch.

He's so frigging phoney.

http://thepacificinstitute.com/blog/2016/10/17/the-pacific-institute-an-enduring-curriculum/

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
How about for WR Larry Fitzgerald having to block 20+ times a game in the box? Miraculously, Fitz has avoided getting rolled up on and Fitz keeps himself in such stellar shape...but he takes an unusual pounding.

The pressure on the OL is enormous, JG.

Yes, but this is football... the QB position though, that is another story

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The title (AZ 26 SEA 24 Thoughts) is misleading?

Yep - most of your post is about BA over the course of the last two years, and just a little bit about this game. Plenty of your points are valid, just not typical of your post-game commentaries - this is usually your Tuesday type post.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The fact is the momentum of winning two meaningless games at the end of last season---did not carry over into this season. Even worse, those games gave the GM, HC and the staff the false impression that Justin Bethel could be the starting RCB, that Evan Boehm was ready to be the full-time starter at RG and that Brandon Williams would be ready to challenge for significant playing time.
YES!!!!

Let me put it this way: in my opinion, either the Cardinals find a coach who can bring out the best in Peterson or they should trade him while they can for very good value in return. Look---his man coverage is very good (although he did give up 26/394/4 TDs/83.6 QBR on 60 targets this year---plus 8 penalties)---but, in a way his man coverage allows him to hide and play in a bubble---and these days you cannot hide a player on defense---teams are too well coached---they will find that player and exploit him, as we have seen this year. Look at his feeble punt returns today. Why do they still after 4 years have him faking it out there? It's a joke. He even fair caught a line drive with wide open field in front of him. Then later he let a normal punt bounce on the 15 yard line (luckily it bounced backwards). Why did Amos Jones put Peterson, the worst tackler on the team, as a safety on the kickoff team? That's right, he was safety---right to side that Lockett ran through---and Peterson played it the same passive, run-toward-the sideline-way that he plays a screen to his side---and you know what---how does Peterson look his teammates in the face after plays like this? I mean 43 year old Phil Dawson made a far stronger effort to tackle Lockett. That's no lie. Budda Baker came screaming across the other side of the field to try to chase him down and almost got there, while Peterson was trailing the play. Then in coverage he got called for holding once again on the slot (which he tells the coaches he does not want to play) when the Cardinals DL was in Wilson's face again---and that let the Seahawks off the hook and helped them go for their first scoring drive. The TD he gave up to Baldwin was perfectly executed, although Peterson hasn't been turning back to the ball lately on fades, which the Seahawks picked up on....like the fade TD he gave up to Hopkins. The guy is hiding out there. But, the irony is, it's now too obvious. How many times did the camera man zoom in on Peterson after another one of his feeble tackling efforts? Heck, he made Russell Wilson look like Mike Iupati.

YES +2!!!

That's exactly right, oaken. Tackling is an attitude. If some can run and hide, others will try to follow. Mathieu's performance this year was disappointing...and just what I worried about with regard to PP's influence.

YES +3!!!

The title (AZ 26 SEA 24 Thoughts) is misleading?

NO!!!!!

Reaction score
How many teams had 15 players on IR including several starters? The only team close to us injury wise were the Texans and that teams production fell off a cliff

On top of that almost half the team wasn't with them in training camp. They've added 25 during the season due to injuries. Shipley is the only remaining lineman.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Always good to beat Seattle. Sometimes it's just time. With BA it's time, that's all. The reasons why have been said many times in many threads. The argument for him coming back have been as well.

Kudos for BA for becoming the winningest coach in Cards history. Kudos for BA for having 3 pretty good regular seasons. Kudos for BA taking Seattle 1-2-3 as "home" for the Cards.

Most detrimental to him, though, is the constant putrid play of the Not So Special Teams and the obstinate refusal to make changes and blame it on the players solely. Saying that unit had excellent coaching has been the most smh moments the last couple of seasons. THAT alone means it's time to go for BA, at least IMO. Take Amos and go fishing please.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah...amazing how this team always manages to play well when the only thing it affects is if anybody gets to play next year.....for two years they play like crap when it counts...then step up once it no longer benefits the team.
Strange, but true

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His playcalliing the last couple of weeks have been some of his best. It's frustrating that the types of effort we saw the past two weeks were not evident in a number of previous games.
+1

Games that would have kept us in the playoff hunt he calls so many poor plays that lose yardage or are sniffed out by the D.

Then in meaningless games he decides to adapt and calls a better game.

Strange for sure

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
Man, I don't understand the vitriol when people disagree on this board. Some of you act like your livelihoods depend on arguing about football games on the internet. Not just in Mitch's threads either. Calling each other stupid or ignorant or dumb or whatever because someone posts opinions different than yours about a football player? There's a big ol world out there with lots of important stuff going on

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
On most forums that I visit (non Cardinal), most posters on this board would be permanently banned for the name calling and language that they use.

It's really shameful:(.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If folks were more responsible for what they put out there, it would lead people to refer to them as "stupid" less often.

Saying Patrick Peterson is not the physical player you would want him to be is a responsible and reasoned position. Saying that his lack of physicality for his role on this team while being one of the best CBs in the NFL makes him a problem for this team is stupid.

Stating that Bruce Arians bravado is something that you personally don't care for is another reasoned position and statement. Using it as a basis that he is not the best head coach we have ever had, and is not one of the better coaches in the NFL, is stupid.

If you make an ignorant or stupid comment, you deserve to be called on it. I loved Jonathan Cooper. People said it was stupid to back taking an OG in the top 10. We know how that panned out. I had a strong opinion and stuck with it. It turned out to be very wrong, and in retrospect, was a stupid take. I own it, and move forward. Some people just want to whine and cry.

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
So you are the omnipotent magistrate of the board that decides when a position is stupid or ignorant? lol My opinion is that this much bluster and bravado on an internet message board over what people type is ignorant and stupid. They are opinions. People present them with varying degrees of knowledge and varying degrees of surety; not sure why these proffered opinions are so important that they warrant little games of internet pokey chest. That being said, have at er. I've stated my opinion in regards to board decorum.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
So you are the omnipotent magistrate of the board that decides when a position is stupid or ignorant? lol My opinion is that this much bluster and bravado on an internet message board over what people type is ignorant and stupid. They are opinions. People present them with varying degrees of knowledge and varying degrees of surety; not sure why these proffered opinions are so important that they warrant little games of internet pokey chest. That being said, have at er. I've stated my opinion in regards to board decorum.

Well said.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yes I am. :) I also don't have an issue if people call me stupid or ignorant which my takes at times have proven to be. On the flip side, some are insightful and well reasoned. People can be one thing in one moment and a different thing in another moment.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone think the vast number of injuries has something to do with the schemes? Every OL has the pressure of winning his one on one battle with no help, play after play---often when they know their man is a stud like DeMarcus Lawrence or Aaron Donald. Do you think that pressure wears on players? Why do the Cardinals' OL drop like flies every year? So every year we can make injuries an excuse, right?
Its not every year, its been the past two years. Can you point to any of the injuries being attributed to the "system"? Or were the past two years "catch up", for the relative health we had on the Oline 13-15??

2013 Sowell Started 12 games after Brown was traded (he started the other 4), Collegdge, Sendlein, Fanaika and Winston started all 16 games. Cooper was the only OL to hit the IR and he got rolled up down field in PS.
2014 Veldheer, Larsen, Lyle, and Massie all started 16 games, Fanaika started 14, Cooper 2. No OL on the IR
2015 JV 16 games, Massie only missed 2 due to the suspension, Iupati missed 3- 2 from a TC injury if i remember correctly, Lyle 15, and the other G spot was Cooper and Larsen. Larsen was never on the weekly injury report and Cooper was for 3 weeks with a knee issue. Watford hit the IR for the last 6 games due to a hand injury.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I vowed to stop last week for those who were screaming for it to stop. But, I think by now you and everyone else know exactly what I would say starting with the kickoff. If not, this is for those of you who want to read these notes---others, don't waste your time.

Let me put it this way: in my opinion, either the Cardinals find a coach who can bring out the best in Peterson or they should trade him while they can for very good value in return. Look---his man coverage is very good (although he did give up 26/394/4 TDs/83.6 QBR on 60 targets this year---plus 8 penalties)---but, in a way his man coverage allows him to hide and play in a bubble---and these days you cannot hide a player on defense---teams are too well coached---they will find that player and exploit him, as we have seen this year. Look at his feeble punt returns today. Why do they still after 4 years have him faking it out there? It's a joke. He even fair caught a line drive with wide open field in front of him. Then later he let a normal punt bounce on the 15 yard line (luckily it bounced backwards). Why did Amos Jones put Peterson, the worst tackler on the team, as a safety on the kickoff team? That's right, he was safety---right to side that Lockett ran through---and Peterson played it the same passive, run-toward-the sideline-way that he plays a screen to his side---and you know what---how does Peterson look his teammates in the face after plays like this? I mean 43 year old Phil Dawson made a far stronger effort to tackle Lockett. That's no lie. Budda Baker came screaming across the other side of the field to try to chase him down and almost got there, while Peterson was trailing the play. Then in coverage he got called for holding once again on the slot (which he tells the coaches he does not want to play) when the Cardinals DL was in Wilson's face again---and that let the Seahawks off the hook and helped them go for their first scoring drive. The TD he gave up to Baldwin was perfectly executed, although Peterson hasn't been turning back to the ball lately on fades, which the Seahawks picked up on....like the fade TD he gave up to Hopkins. The guy is hiding out there. But, the irony is, it's now too obvious. How many times did the camera man zoom in on Peterson after another one of his feeble tackling efforts? Heck, he made Russell Wilson look like Mike Iupati.
Totally agree Mitch! Funny that most of the things you brought up I was screaming at the tv to my wife about.

The guy needs a swift kick in the ass by a hard nosed Coach because he’s as soft as the Pillsbury doughboy!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I had this crap shoved down my throat by a former employer several years ago. When Lou Tice got an obscene amount of money to pitch this crap to us, his prime exhibit was pete carroll. Carroll talked a bunch of crap about how he was going to use this garbage to stop gang violence in la. He said he was in it for the long haul. Of course, he was full of crap and bailed on all of it. Leaving the kids there in the lurch.

He's so frigging phoney.

http://thepacificinstitute.com/blog/2016/10/17/the-pacific-institute-an-enduring-curriculum/

You do realize his foundation is still very active in LA, has been replicated in Seattle and they are trying to push it nationwide.

While effectiveness and impact can be argued, I wouldn't say there is anything phony about his passion and effort.

Obviously the guy isn't able to walk the streets of LA like he used to, which is reasonable as he's racing through his 60s, lives in and works in a different city and is pushing at a macro level now ( including producing a film about it)

I completely get why people don't like him - I really wasn't a fan at the time of hire - but seems odd to castigate the guy over a charity that he's worked on for like 15 years

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake