AZ Republic: Edwards/King injured Wednesday

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I don't like the sound of this, especially Kenny....
=======================

Two key players suffered injuries in Wednesday morning's workouts, and the ramifications could be serious.

Eric Edwards, the team's only tight end with any experience, suffered a pectoral muscle injury in blocking drills. Defensive tackle Kenny King, expected to contribute as a backup to Darnell Dockett, injured his right wrist. King declined to comment following the afternoon workout.

King's previous two NFL seasons have been marred by injuries. A fifth-round pick in 2003, he missed five games with a dislocated toe and suffered the wrist injury in the final game.

He re-injured the wrist last year in training camp, underwent surgery and missed the season.

Edwards, a starter, is scheduled to undergo a magnetic resonance imaging exam, and the results could be available today.

If the muscle is just strained or pulled, he should be able to return to action.

If it's torn, he could be lost for the season.

Edwards is only in his second season, but the team's other four tight ends have never played in the NFL

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0804cardsnb0804.html

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And so it begins.

Two players expected to make contributions(especially King) Possibly gone for the season. Seems to me Kings wrist could be a career ender. It just doesnt want to hold up. Hope Im wrong!

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Edwards has been having problems all through camp with cramps and I don't believe he has finished a complete day as of yet? But we knew he had injured his pec muscle after practices finished today (I think Urban or Jurecki mentioned something was up).

I hope he is OK, but the article makes it seem like a far bigger deal than it is. As reports indicate Bergen and Blizzard are looking like the front runners for the starting spot. Not Edwards. Neither the less, I hope he is OK.

On the other hand, King is a bigger deal. I REALLY hope he is OK.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
King seems like he's going to be one of those guys that either A) never gets healthy enough to contribute, or B) Never gets healthy enough to contribute for AZ.

I don't know which is worse.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
that seems weird since no one mentioned King being injured at any point yesterday? DG was interviewed at 5 pm yesterday and he seemed to be happy that there were no injuries. ???

Man I can't imagine what the heck these guys are doing that King could injury his wrist AGAIN so early in camp??

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Totally_Red said:
IKing's previous two NFL seasons have been marred by injuries. A fifth-round pick in 2003, he missed five games with a dislocated toe and suffered the wrist injury in the final game.

He re-injured the wrist last year in training camp, underwent surgery and missed the season.

Edwards, a starter, is scheduled to undergo a magnetic resonance imaging exam, and the results could be available today.

If the muscle is just strained or pulled, he should be able to return to action.

If it's torn, he could be lost for the season.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0804cardsnb0804.html
:eek: :stick:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's hope that Kenny only tweaked the wrist, his absence is precautionary and that he can still come back - albeit wearing a wrist-brace.

(We can hope).

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
Pariah said:
King seems like he's going to be one of those guys that either A) never gets healthy enough to contribute, or B) Never gets healthy enough to contribute for AZ.

I don't know which is worse.

or C) Goes to another team after being cut here and becomes a great player.

I hate it when that happens. (See Darwin Walker of the Eagles)

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
clif said:
that seems weird since no one mentioned King being injured at any point yesterday? DG was interviewed at 5 pm yesterday and he seemed to be happy that there were no injuries. ???

Man I can't imagine what the heck these guys are doing that King could injury his wrist AGAIN so early in camp??

Yeah I think it would have been brought up at the end of the day by some as well if it was something bad.

Maybe he was just out for the morning practice or he didnt practice and it just wasnt a big enough injury for it to be mentioned. Maybe the article was written before they really knew what was up with the injury.

:stick:

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Nah, Bryant is probably out on a week long bender after getting cut.

That sucks about King. I hope it isn't serious.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Cardsmasochist said:
or C) Goes to another team after being cut here and becomes a great player.

I hate it when that happens. (See Darwin Walker of the Eagles)

I would hardly call Darwin a great player. On that issue though you could look at Chavous, someone who I really wanted to keep and then he got like 10 picks a couple of years later.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
I would hardly call Darwin a great player. On that issue though you could look at Chavous, someone who I really wanted to keep and then he got like 10 picks a couple of years later.

I liked Chavous too. But, he wanted cornerback money and only Minny was willing to pay the big coin. He couldn't get the job done and was moved to Safety.... where he got his 10 picks. Chavous made a smart business move.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I don't think Kenny King will be in the league much longer. I don't think anyone outside of Cards fans have ever heard of him. I think next year our top priorities are:

Run Stuffing DT
TE
QB
FS

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
JPlay said:
I don't think Kenny King will be in the league much longer. I don't think anyone outside of Cards fans have ever heard of him. I think next year our top priorities are:

Run Stuffing DT
TE
QB
FS

Are you assuming Warner does not have two good years in him, or that McCown is not the heir apparent?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Are you assuming Warner does not have two good years in him, or that McCown is not the heir apparent?

Well, it would be nice to groom a young QB for a year, or even two, behind a high-quality NFL Vet, if Warner works out. Assuming McCown is not the heir apparent, for I do not believe he is.

spanky1

Reaction score
JPlay said:

Run Stuffing DT
TE
QB
FS

a) One more time ......Pendergast's defensive scheme does not REQUIRE a runstuffing DT.
b) How can you prioritize the need for a TE when we haven't even seen what we have here this year.
c) Dennis Green will pick a QB every year and will drop the least effective one from the prior year.
d) I agree that we need a high draft pick FS next year. Griffith has only this year and next left on both his contract and on his legs. Ohalete and Harris are backup material at best.......but Francisco has some developmental potential as a FS.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
a) One more time ......Pendergast's defensive scheme does not REQUIRE a runstuffing DT.
b) How can you prioritize the need for a TE when we haven't even seen what we have here this year.
c) Dennis Green will pick a QB every year and will drop the least effective one from the prior year.
d) I agree that we need a high draft pick FS next year. Griffith has only this year and next left on both his contract and on his legs. Ohalete and Harris are backup material at best.......but Francisco has some developmental potential as a FS.

a) You are correct, but we need another 300 pounder if Davis doesn't work out
d) How can you say Aaron has more potential than Harris? Aaron is simply a creation of this board as a legit good player, I hope I'm wrong though.

Also, JPlay was right except for run-stuffing D-Tackle as far as needs as of right now. I doubt we retain both Josh and Kurt. If we keep Josh as a starter then it means he blew up and tore up the league after Kurt was either injured or benched and after this season if we keep Warner we need someone to groom (Vince Young baby) and McCown will be gone because he will not accept a deal that will pay him less than 2 million a year. TE, DT, FS, and QB are all positions of strength in this draft much like RB and CB were in this past draft; hey maybe DG plans his FA moves that way think about it.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
a) You are correct, but we need another 300 pounder if Davis doesn't work out
d) How can you say Aaron has more potential than Harris? Aaron is simply a creation of this board as a legit good player, I hope I'm wrong though.

Also, JPlay was right except for run-stuffing D-Tackle as far as needs as of right now. I doubt we retain both Josh and Kurt. If we keep Josh as a starter then it means he blew up and tore up the league after Kurt was either injured or benched and after this season if we keep Warner we need someone to groom (Vince Young baby) and McCown will be gone because he will not accept a deal that will pay him less than 2 million a year. TE, DT, FS, and QB are all positions of strength in this draft much like RB and CB were in this past draft; hey maybe DG plans his FA moves that way think about it.

Oh no. no no no no no. Way, way, way to inconsistent of a passer. Plus, he'll be dealing with "Oklahoma Syndrome", for which Chrissy simms is the poster child.

You know, the effect on a players mental make up after losing to oklahoma four years in a row in the electric atmosphere of the cotton bowl. OU is going for six in a row over the shorthorns in 05'. :D :D :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan