AZ Republic pro Jake, anti Cardinal???

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I know a lot of people piss and moan about the Republic's coverage of the Cardinals, but I'd like to think I'm not generally one of them.

That said, this piece from this morning really has me steamed...

"(Quarterback) Jeff Blake is getting better and better, but we have to start catching the damn ball," he shouted. "He threw the ball down the field very well, but the receivers dropped everything he hit them with. He hit 'em with it. Josh (McCown) hit 'em with it. Preston (Parsons) hit 'em with it. The line protected well. We just have to catch the damn ball. It doesn't matter who the quarterback is if you don't catch it."

The "amen" you hear is from a quarterback now residing in Denver."

Since when has Jakes problem been receivers not holding onto the ball??? Oposing teams DB's have never had trouble catching Jake's passes.

This is a very low class statement, and has no merit being in the article.

Sorry to vent.

Go Cards!!!

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Originally posted by Capital Card
I know a lot of people piss and moan about the Republic's coverage of the Cardinals, but I'd like to think I'm not generally one of them.

That said, this piece from this morning really has me steamed...

"(Quarterback) Jeff Blake is getting better and better, but we have to start catching the damn ball," he shouted. "He threw the ball down the field very well, but the receivers dropped everything he hit them with. He hit 'em with it. Josh (McCown) hit 'em with it. Preston (Parsons) hit 'em with it. The line protected well. We just have to catch the damn ball. It doesn't matter who the quarterback is if you don't catch it."

The "amen" you hear is from a quarterback now residing in Denver."

Since when has Jakes problem been receivers not holding onto the ball??? Oposing teams DB's have never had trouble catching Jake's passes.

This is a very low class statement, and has no merit being in the article.

Sorry to vent.

Go Cards!!!

CC:

as much as I loath to defend the republic, I do recall some drops by boston last year. but "the amen you hear is from denver", is stretching it.

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
Wasn't this the same newspaper that printed an article about a blocking sled in Denver because Jake's name was mentioned in it?
I said it then and I'll say it again. There's something wrong over at the Republic when they've printed as many (or more) articles about Jake in Denver as they have about the all time leading rusher in the NFL being here in Arizona.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Martay and Frank also had more than their fair share of drops too. That was an issue for Jake no doubt about it. The problem is it wasn't the only issue.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wasn't this the same newspaper that printed an article about a blocking sled in Denver because Jake's name was mentioned in it?
Shockorama - Dismayo II

AzKarl

Veteran
Reaction score
Wait til he throws his first 15-20 yard square out

Then we'll see if Jake's problem was Cards receiver drops or a QB with a noodle for an arm and a brain. Short hop passes, passes thrown behind receivers and balls sailing 10 feet over the heads of wide open receivers are QB issues not receiver issues. Likewise opposing DB's doing touchdown dances aren't either.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim Tyers is here while Kent Somers takes a few days off. Don't worry about it.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
Tim Tyers is here while Kent Somers takes a few days off. Don't worry about it.

I would rather have NO coverage.

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
many times players dont concentrate as they should for one qb as they will for another. i dont know plummer much but it sounds like he wasnt a leader and didnt hang with the people important to him, oline and wrs. jeff has come in and spent time with his boys, earned some respect and now can demand top production from his team, especially the wrs.

cardzfan

Veteran
Reaction score
How does one define a drop? Boston, Sanders and Moore played very well. Plummer tended to lead his receivers and made poor throws. This is why he made so many interceptions. Poorly thrown balls that receivers have to adjust too all the time will tend to be dropped. I think the Plummer apologists are looking to project Plummers' faults on other players. McCaffery, Smith and Sharpe are going to get crushed when Plummer has to throw under pressure and Plummer hangs them out to dry.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Why are still talking about Plummer? He's gone. I have all his rookie cards and Jersey. I even have a sign mini asu football from him. I gave them away to charities that ruffles them away. He's gone. Not a Cardinal anymore. Let's move on.

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Re: Wait til he throws his first 15-20 yard square out

Originally posted by AzKarl
Then we'll see if Jake's problem was Cards receiver drops or a QB with a noodle for an arm and a brain. Short hop passes, passes thrown behind receivers and balls sailing 10 feet over the heads of wide open receivers are QB issues not receiver issues. Likewise opposing DB's doing touchdown dances aren't either.

Guess DENVER should have checked with you before giving him millions...:)

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Re: Wait til he throws his first 15-20 yard square out

Originally posted by AzKarl
Likewise opposing DB's doing touchdown dances aren't either.

Well according to some it is the WR job to break up the pass even if it's so far off course that they would have to be psychic so that they could break off their route and run straigt at the DB who curiously enough didn't need to move much to intercept the ball.

AAAAAHHHHHH aren't ya just gonna miss the old Plummer excuse machine. I may have to fly to Denver or lurk on their boards just to get my fix of it this year.