AZCentral: Phoenix Suns' presiding theme is commitment

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/20120814phoenix-suns-presiding-theme-commitment.html
AZ Central.com said:
When Suns General Manager Lance Blanks talks about his team's summer makeover, infrastructure, style of play and its will to return to elite status, the presiding theme is commitment.
The Suns, who sought a clear commitment to Phoenix from a draft pick, six free agents and a trade target, have focused on moving to a younger roster with more emphasis on player development.
The roster has changed, but the commitment to a wide-open, entertaining playing style remains -- and the front office has done it all with an aim toward returning the team to a sustainable elite status.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/sun...presiding-theme-commitment.html#ixzz23cuF3bY1

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Part of what I do professionally involves leadership and strategic messaging. From that perspective I think that this stated philosophy is pathetic.

Saying that your presiding theme may sound like a decent soundbite, but it doesn't mean anything. Every professional, regardless of organization should have commitment to success. Saying that your theme is commitment is essentially not saying anything. Commitment to what?

The front office has to say something and get try to get fans excited about watching this team and buying merchandise, but saying the team is committed isn't going to make much of a difference.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of what I do professionally involves leadership and strategic messaging. From that perspective I think that this stated philosophy is pathetic.

Saying that your presiding theme may sound like a decent soundbite, but it doesn't mean anything. Every professional, regardless of organization should have commitment to success. Saying that your theme is commitment is essentially not saying anything. Commitment to what?

The front office has to say something and get try to get fans excited about watching this team and buying merchandise, but saying the team is committed isn't going to make much of a difference.

I gotta agree. "COMMITMENT!" That's even a theme?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like they want players to commit to the organization and the organization is going to commit to the style of play the players want.

OK, its not great. Ho hum.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Maybe they just mean that any fans who buy into this ought to be committed?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
this front office is a bunch of idiots imho. and i'm committed to that opinion.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hmm...no mention in the press release of 'talent'.

I will agree with him it is exciting.....every loss increases our shot of actually getting some.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake