AZRep: Suns to Wait on Free Agency

sunsallday

Registered
Reaction score
That is kind of scary Red. Hopefully after Stern's image being tarnished and the fixed claims, officiating will be improved and refs will not rig games or be at risk of being caught.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe it is much more effective to give a player a night off than it is to just cut his minutes. His body gets more time to recover. It should be a regular practice in the NBA and teams shouldn't feel a need to hide it.

Players like it because it doesn't lower their per game stats (though I am sure Steve doesn't care about that).

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
It would be nice to exchange a some kind of combination of Bell, Barbosa and GG into a bigger SG/shooting wing like Pietrus or Maggette and move Strawberry and Tucker up in the rotation.

Nash, [Veteran PG], Dragic
[SG], Strawberry, Tucker
Diaw, Hill
Amare, Shaq, Lopez

And we still would need another big...

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it would be great to be oval to just give Steve Nash 12 games off, especially closer to the end of the season. I just think it's going to be impossible to actually do it unless he is legitimately hurt/ailing unless the Western Conference is not nearly as competitive as it was last season and/or the Phoenix Suns are stronger than they were last season. I think they can be a better team, but I'll also be surprised if we are really family confident enough after point guard situation next season.

IMO this is not to do two things next season to save Steve Nash. They've got to get his minutes down, and more importantly they've got to get this offense going through the posting of some of the other guys who can create shots. I do not want to see Steve Nash running around with the basketball possession after possession and for the entire possession. That's what has to wear him out more than anything else.

Joe Mama

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
I think it would be great to be oval to just give Steve Nash 12 games off, especially closer to the end of the season. I just think it's going to be impossible to actually do it unless he is legitimately hurt/ailing unless the Western Conference is not nearly as competitive as it was last season and/or the Phoenix Suns are stronger than they were last season. I think they can be a better team, but I'll also be surprised if we are really family confident enough after point guard situation next season.

IMO this is not to do two things next season to save Steve Nash. They've got to get his minutes down, and more importantly they've got to get this offense going through the posting of some of the other guys who can create shots. I do not want to see Steve Nash running around with the basketball possession after possession and for the entire possession. That's what has to wear him out more than anything else.

Joe Mama

In Game 4 of the Spur's series, Nash had only 4 assists, yet the team won 105-86. Diaw had 8 assists and Bell had 5.

In Game 5, Nash had 3 assists and Diaw had 8. Nash may very well have been worn down as evidenced by his 1 of 6 for three; but it showed a way the Suns CAN take the burden off Nash when the opposition if focused on him.