Beanie lighting up the Viking DB video

cardfolife

Reaction score
youtube.com/watch?v=unZAsJQaSFY

I can't post a complete link yet, so posting partial link only..

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, welcome to the board.

OP
OP
C

cardfolife

Reaction score
As much as I enjoyed the trucking, the nifty cutback in the hole was perhaps an even better sign. The Beauty and the Beast!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, that was Boldin-esque right there.

The best part? He kind of went out of his way to lay the truck stick on him. He could have kept going up, but hesitated and changed direction justatouch in order to square him up and knock him the ef out.

That was awesome.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Man, that was Boldin-esque right there.

The best part? He kind of went out of his way to lay the truck stick on him. He could have kept going up, but hesitated and changed direction justatouch in order to square him up and knock him the ef out.

That was awesome.

+1.

Love it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
so frustrating to think how well Williams was going to complement him this season.

Beanie needs his touches. It's possible that neither of them would be effective right now because they'd each be getting 7 carries a game. It's not like Beanie is lacking a complementary back at this point; he's getting the job done on his own.

If LSH were healthy I think that Beanie would really be putting the mistake of drafting Williams into perspective. LSH as a third-down back would've been a great weapon for 8 plays or so a game.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Beanie needs his touches. It's possible that neither of them would be effective right now because they'd each be getting 7 carries a game. It's not like Beanie is lacking a complementary back at this point; he's getting the job done on his own.

If LSH were healthy I think that Beanie would really be putting the mistake of drafting Williams into perspective. LSH as a third-down back would've been a great weapon for 8 plays or so a game.
I agree. Williams was a less than stellar draft pick when there were so many other players available that had to have similar grades and play a position of need. I do think Jabaal Sheard would have been the pick had not Clevelnad selected the pick prior to the Cards.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree. Williams was a less than stellar draft pick when there were so many other players available that had to have similar grades and play a position of need. I do think Jabaal Sheard would have been the pick had not Clevelnad selected the pick prior to the Cards.

Akeem Ayers was there in the 2nd. Justin Houston in the 3rd. So far their stats look fairly good but don't really know anything about what system they are in or if they would have been good fits for AZ. Why would the Cards pass on guys like that to take a RB and then a TE?

Hopefully Sam Acho will develop and make it a moot point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yup. i think Beanie's a guy who just needs the rock and gets in a rythym and then gets stronger as the game goes on. Williams would have kept him playing the same way he did when he was platooning with Hightower last year IMO.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Watching this replay is so frustrating. I'm not mad at Wells because he put himself into this position by cleaning Cedric's clock on a powerful hit but if dude could have just went and kept his balance after the other guy tripped him up, that would have been one freaking highlight TD

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would salivate if the Cardinals would try Beanie Wells as FB and Williams as the halfback in certain situations in the future. This would really slow down the rush on the QB with such a potent backfield.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Akeem Ayers was there in the 2nd. Justin Houston in the 3rd. So far their stats look fairly good but don't really know anything about what system they are in or if they would have been good fits for AZ. Why would the Cards pass on guys like that to take a RB and then a TE?

Hopefully Sam Acho will develop and make it a moot point.

I would like to see him play more to give us a clue.

I guess if Williams was truly BPA on their board the I can't argue with the pick. The problem was that he may have been BPA when, at that time, Wells, THT, and LSH were already on the roster and position of need should be factored into BPA. But, if they had him head and shoulders above everyone else and we've been preaching to take BPA, I guess I can't complain if they actually did that. Typical Cards though. They don't go BPA when Adrian Peterson is there, but do in round 2.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Only positive for the whole Sunday afternoon, thanks. Beanie should try to up himself and knock 2 helmets off on one play next.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was watching the nfl rewind replay and noticed that on Wells TD run Bridges was at LT and Levi Brown was at RT.

That was a surprise. I imagine it was probably mentioned in the game thread but I'd like to know if any of the coaches or writers or anyone said anything about why the Cards did that.

Also I saw Nick Eason on the kick return team! What are they trying to do kill the guy? A 31 year old 305lb NT blocking for LSH. That was fun to watch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05