Bengals Sports Writer is bashing the Cardinals

TMcgoni

Reaction score
I sure hope Calvin Pace gets a clear shot at Carson Palmer this season, then we'll see what that sportswriter has to say.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
What a load. He praises the Bungles for their signings, bashes the Cards for theirs. This guy is gonna be eating his words in no time.

adam

dbcard74

Reaction score
Hey, AzWins23, save the story and mail it to Calvin Pace a couple of days before the Cardinals play the Bungals. With the line about "Calvin who?" circled.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
He doesn't make any new points. Besides he loses all credibility when he calls us 'suckers' ...

As bad as the Cardinals have been - we still aren't the Bengals.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Oh this is great...it's like the kid who is all happy when the bully starts pickin' on another kid instead of him...

"We suck, but now YOU suck worse! Bwahahahaha!"

Childish crap.

However...and I hate to bring this up...the Bungles have two more Super Bowl appearances than we do...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by PANTONE194C
Oh this is great...it's like the kid who is all happy when the bully starts pickin' on another kid instead of him...

"We suck, but now YOU suck worse! Bwahahahaha!"

Childish crap.

However...and I hate to bring this up...the Bungles have two more Super Bowl appearances than we do...

....when they had the great Paul Brown as owner.....but were the worst team bar none in the 90's.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
....when they had the great Paul Brown as owner.....but were the worst team bar none in the 90's.

They are still owned by Mike Brown and he is worse.

ChiCard

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by SeattleCardsFan
He doesn't make any new points. Besides he loses all credibility when he calls us 'suckers' ...

As bad as the Cardinals have been - we still aren't the Bengals.

But "sigh" at least they've been to the Super Bowl. Wish we could say the same.

pinnacle

Reaction score
I see most people think they had a great draft...national media, pundits. ... I think carson palmer will be a bust..and he was the #1 pick...we shall see.

marshallrider

Rookie
Reaction score
You gotta admit it though.....our picks (draft) sucked and they had a great draft, probably the best of any team!
Let them talk all they want, everyone here has been bashing the picks that grave made and how horrible the draft was but once the Bengals say something everyone jumps on the defense and starts talking about how wrong they are and how great our picks our!
On paper our draft sucks, and until this is proven wrong on the field, AZ will take the heat!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by marshallrider
You gotta admit it though.....our picks (draft) sucked and they had a great draft, probably the best of any team!
Let them talk all they want, everyone here has been bashing the picks that grave made and how horrible the draft was but once the Bengals say something everyone jumps on the defense and starts talking about how wrong they are and how great our picks our!
On paper our draft sucks, and until this is proven wrong on the field, AZ will take the heat!

I don't think so.

They got a QB that they will be paying up the ass, who really sucked in college except for 8 games.

They did get a nice o lineman in the second.

Third they got a wideout that was a team cancer, and has a chance of getting paralyzed any time he gets hit....IMO a terrible draft.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so.

They got a QB that they will be paying up the ass, who really sucked in college except for 8 games.

They did get a nice o lineman in the second.

Third they got a wideout that was a team cancer, and has a chance of getting paralyzed any time he gets hit....IMO a terrible draft.

The Bungles could have a great draft, or a horrible one - lots of risk involved in 3 of the first four picks: Palmer, Washington and Weathersby.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
We've had "Great drafts" the past four years. It is sort of like a Donkey callin' a mule an a$$. Neither team has much room to point and say how great they are until we win some games!!!

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who the football team is, and who the local sportwriters are.....are two entirely different things.

After all, I wouldn't say most of the Arizona sportwriters have much of a clue either. The majority of them, most of the time, neither express team viewpoints, or those of most fans.
They are just trying to get their name in print, stir something up, and sell a few papers or commercials. often they are simply regurgitating something they read somewhere else, and really have no clue about, themselves.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dback Jon
The Bungles could have a great draft, or a horrible one - lots of risk involved in 3 of the first four picks: Palmer, Washington and Weathersby.

Exactly. Those three that you listed have an equal chance of being out of the league as they do starring in the league.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. Those three that you listed have an equal chance of being out of the league as they do starring in the league.

And knowing the Bengals luck in these things...

But if they get lucky and they pan out as expected, man they sure did a nice job IMO. I rate them the best draft personally. While BAL may look better, I take into account the damage they did to their draft next year and I am not as enamored with it as most.

Edit: It truly sounds like it was a case of wrong place wrong time for Weathersby. So I think he will be a HUGE value pick as long as he isn't in his head over the shooting and subsequent drop from first round big money slot most had him pegged for.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I agree with what the guy says but he does forget one thing;the Bengals were drafting first for a reason.The thing i like about what the Bengals did in hiring Lewis is that they got rid of all the long time coaching staff that had been in place for all those losing years.Ken Anderson,who may be the worst QB caoch of all time, and Tim Krumrie were among the old staff that was let go.I like Mcginnins,but the Cards,if they have another 2-5 win season, need to look at doing the same thing.WE've had basically the same staff for 7-8 years.There were some changes this year but not what you'd consider major changes.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbus cardsfan
I agree with what the guy says but he does forget one thing;the Bengals were drafting first for a reason.The thing i like about what the Bengals did in hiring Lewis is that they got rid of all the long time coaching staff that had been in place for all those losing years.Ken Anderson,who may be the worst QB caoch of all time, and Tim Krumrie were among the old staff that was let go.I like Mcginnins,but the Cards,if they have another 2-5 win season, need to look at doing the same thing.WE've had basically the same staff for 7-8 years.There were some changes this year but not what you'd consider major changes.

Very true about the Bungles, but Tim Krumrie is considered by some to be a pretty good line coach.

I agree, and I will stick to my prediction that Mac's days are numbered after this season.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
if you were told 2 weeks ago that the cards would get palmer, washington, and weathersby most people would be jumping for joy. Those three guys were projected all in the first round a couple weeks ago. I think the bengals did have a great draft and we had a very suspect draft. The bengals do have a good team even though their record does not show it. They also have the SB appearances which they can hold over our head. I would rather have 2 than none.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
if you were told 2 weeks ago that the cards would get palmer, washington, and weathersby most people would be jumping for joy. Those three guys were projected all in the first round a couple weeks ago. I think the bengals did have a great draft and we had a very suspect draft. The bengals do have a good team even though their record does not show it. They also have the SB appearances which they can hold over our head. I would rather have 2 than none.

The only two picks that they made, that I would've made was the Weathersby pick and the Steinbach pick in the second rond.

Palmer is, imo, going to be a huge bust. Kelly Washington makes Boston look like a choir boy, as far as how he is in the lockerroom. People at Tennessee are actually glad he is gone, and he was considered a very bad character guy there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05