Bengals unveil new logo..uni's to follow

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
O.K. these are just putrid.

Last edited:

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
O.K. these are just putrid.
Those are just some bozo's concoction, taken from another concept that someone on a logos forum made up.

Not gonna happen.

I wish you could do HTML on this board - I would show you EXACTLY what the new Colts' Blue will look like. It's a unique shade of "Dark Royal Blue", but it's becoming the latest fad...all kinds of minor league baseball teams are incorporating it for 2004.

(Yes, I'm REALLY into this stuff)

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
PANTONE194C said:
Those are just some bozo's concoction, taken from another concept that someone on a logos forum made up.

Not gonna happen.

I wish you could do HTML on this board - I would show you EXACTLY what the new Colts' Blue will look like. It's a unique shade of "Dark Royal Blue", but it's becoming the latest fad...all kinds of minor league baseball teams are incorporating it for 2004.

(Yes, I'm REALLY into this stuff)

I got those from Mike Brown himself! He said his alergies were linked to cats and hated the nasty felines with a passion. His goal is to switch the uni's to all white. Once the fans are used to that the team name will be changed to Zebras.

Zebra idea proudly stole from a Seahawk fan. ;-)

ThunderCard

Reaction score
Wow !! Those are some ugly uni's. All that time and effort and that is all they come up with ??

TruColor

Reaction score
Again...those aren't the new unis.

They'll unveil the slightly modified unis on April 22.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
PANTONE194C said:
Again...those aren't the new unis.

They'll unveil the slightly modified unis on April 22.

Dang, You are serious about this stuff. Wait 'till the Cincinatti Zebras are announced in 2005. That should be fun. :cool:

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
It looks like a B with a huge bear taking a bite out of it.

Like this one? :shocker:

PM me for a pic of the guy who tried to fend this monster off with a .38. (not for the weak stomached)

Attachments

• Tedbear1.jpg
    Tedbear1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 26
  • TedPaw.jpg
    TedPaw.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 30

Capt'nCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Man, I'm certainly not a bungle fan but they had the some of the best helmets in the league. At least the most orginal.....that new logo sucks :thumbdown
Jttsaz said:
BENGALS UNVEIL NEW LOGO AND ANNOUNCE PLANS FOR NEW UNIFORM SHOWING
3/22/2004 -

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE; MONDAY, MARCH 22, 2004

FROM CINCINNATI BENGALS PUBLIC RELATIONS

BENGALS UNVEIL NEW LOGO AND ANNOUNCE

PLANS FOR NEW UNIFORM SHOWING

The Bengals today unveiled a new team logo, an initial “B” custom-designed for the team. The unique letterform features the team’s signature tiger stripes.

“People associate the stripes with our team, and we wanted to incorporate that in a new logo,” said Katie Blackburn, Bengals executive vice-president. “It adds to our inventory of logos with a clean, simple design that has a strong Bengals identity.”

Also today, the club announced plans for uniform changes in 2004. The new Bengals uniforms will be unveiled on April 22 at Paul Brown Stadium.

“Our players and fans have been interested in a revision to our uniforms, and I believe everyone is going to be very pleased and impressed,” said Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. “We anticipate a lot of excitement for this event.”

The Bengals’ 2004 uniform changes do not include any alteration to the team’s signature striped helmet.

The new “B” logo will be on the new uniform, and the logo will be a featured element in team promotions and merchandise. However, the Bengals also will continue to use the team’s leaping tiger and tiger head logos.

The Bengals Pro Shop has several styles of apparel featuring the new “B” logo available for immediate sale, and merchandise will be available for online orders at www.bengals.com within the next few days.

Apparel featuring the new mark can be found in men’s, women’s and youth sizes. This will include the white polo shirt Marvin Lewis wore at today’s news conference.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Capt'nCard said:
Man, I'm certainly not a bungle fan but they had the some of the best helmets in the league. At least the most orginal.....that new logo sucks :thumbdown

You're kidding me right? Those are the worst helmets ever.

TruColor

Reaction score
AGAIN...as the article CLEARLY states...

They aren't changing the helmets!!!!
:trout:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
slinslin said:
The NFL has so many ugly logos.

Bengals, Browns, Bears -> :barf:
Boo. Three if my favorites. :nono:

The Bears' especially--that one's a classic.

And, like Pantone continues to say, the Cinci helmet isn't changing!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pantone--what do you make of the helmet in the backgorund of this picture?

Last edited:

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Pantone--what do you make of the helmet in the backgorund of this picture?

I saw on another board a post referencing that picture. Evidently, according to this post, that was a custom made gift for Marvin Lewis by a friend of his. It is NOT the Bengals new helmet.

Take it FWIW

TruColor

Reaction score
Stronso said:
I saw on another board a post referencing that picture. Evidently, according to this post, that was a custom made gift for Marvin Lewis by a friend of his. It is NOT the Bengals new helmet.

Take it FWIW
Ya beat me to it. That explanation is correct.

Bengal tigers are Orange (actually Yellow-Orange) with Black stripes. NOT Black with Orange stripes.

That helmet would make no sense.

MadRob

Rookie
Reaction score
Let's see... The Bengals come out with their new design, and Sapp suddenly stiffs them and goes elsewhere.... Coincidence???? :doi:

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
PANTONE194C said:
Ya beat me to it. That explanation is correct.

Bengal tigers are Orange (actually Yellow-Orange) with Black stripes. NOT Black with Orange stripes.

That helmet would make no sense.

Hey Pantone -

Have you or your sources heard anything more about the Cardinals moves in a redesign?

TruColor

Reaction score
Stronso said:
Hey Pantone -

Have you or your sources heard anything more about the Cardinals moves in a redesign?
Not really. Most of what I've heard has been through this forum. I think the Cardinals are being pretty secretive - if they're really doing anything at all.

My guess would be that any changes would be relatively minor, but then again, I have absolutely no idea.

I've got quite a few contacts who are major players in the sports-related graphic design business, but no one's heard anything. Or, they're not talking.

I have a lot of access to official graphics in many leagues, but my NFL source dried up a month or so ago. However, I've got a new contact with an NFL licensor who will certainly keep me up-to-date on what's happening. He's the one who told me about the Colts' Gray facemask-thing, and sent me the nifty Chicago Cardinals helmet I'm now using as my avatar. The Cardinals obviously never actually used that helmet, but I think it's neat anyway.