Bennett= Admiting wrong?

Grand Canon

Rookie
Reaction score
I hate to see this in the mass public (ESPN)- but one of two things have to happen either it will light a fire under JJ or he will show true colors and ball up like Leeland McElroy-
I feel better that I wont have to shave JJ on the side of my head

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grand Canon said:
I hate to see this in the mass public (ESPN)- but one of two things have to happen either it will light a fire under JJ or he will show true colors and ball up like Leeland McElroy-

You did the the post quoting Rod Graves as saying the Vikings called the Cards about Bennett and the Cards said no we're not interested?

It was written by Darren Urban:

---
Vice president of football operations Rod Graves acknowledged that Minnesota had called the Cardinals to gauge interest in a trade for struggling Vikings running back Michael Bennett.

But Graves said there was no interest on the Cards’ part. The Cardinals have looked at Bennett — who will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season — in the past, but that was before Arizona drafted J.J. Arrington.
---

That said do I believe Dennis Green helped leak that information sure, Green loves to use fear to motivate and I'm sure he doesn't mind that JJ Arrington spent a day wondering if the Cards were going to trade for Bennett and replace him, it's motivational. But from what Graves said, the Cards were not interested.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Grand Canon said:
600 yds isn't that much and M. Bennett isn't coming here.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If Minny is having a fire sale...then maybe

...we really need a big strong dude that can get 1-2 yards at will ala Jacobs.

You can't rush for 1yd consistantly when everyone knows you are coming = HUGE problem.

OP
OP
G

Grand Canon

Rookie
Reaction score
Jacobs

That boy is a stud- I liked watching him in the preseason- he has just enough wiggle - and the speed and power- was he at the combine?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grand Canon said:
That boy is a stud- I liked watching him in the preseason- he has just enough wiggle - and the speed and power- was he at the combine?

Think he was, I think he was the guy that was being asked to workout as a TE too and was resisting.

Harry Greene who writes here was all over Jacobs before the draft he had him pegged as a total steal and so far he sure looks impressive in short yardage.

OP
OP
G

Grand Canon

Rookie
Reaction score
Short yardage for now- but I have a feeling he is going to break a bunch of 2nd or 3rd and shorts for big gains-

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
was he at the combine?
He was. And he was impressive. I think the three things that prevented him from being drafted higher may have been: (1) Runs too upright, (2) Came out of a small school and (3) I believe he transferred from Auburn because he wasn't willing to compete with Cadillac or Brown or (just guessing) there might have been other "issues" involving the transfer that we don't know about.

I know a few of us had our eye on him (albeit as a 3rd or 4th round option), but it was a pretty foregone conclusion that Dennis was going to draft his kind of RB (Arrington) at #44.

Unless we see more from JJ, more and more it's looking like "Dennis' bad."

Last edited:

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
was he at the combine?
Unless we see more from JJ, more and more it's looking like "Dennis' bad."

Denny will have some company there. Mike Shanahan especially.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
After the Giants game...

I picked up Jacobs as a backup on my fantasy team, maybe as the season goes on and Tiki wears down he might get enough carries to start... especially in the RZ.. we will see!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05