Berry Named NFC's Defensive Player of the Week

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Berry Named NFC's Defensive Player of the Week
You must be registered for see images
Arizona Cardinals defensive end Bertrand Berry has been named this week’s “NFL Defensive Player of the Week” after posting four sacks and three tackles in the Cardinals 17-14 victory over the New York Giants last Sunday.

Berry’s four sacks set a new career high and placed him second on the Cardinals all-time single game sack list trailing only Curtis Greer’s 4.5 sacks vs. Philadelphia, December 18, 1983.

Berry’s nine sacks ranks him first in the NFC and second in the NFL (DE John Abraham, 9.5 sacks, New York Jets). He is 2.5 sacks away from his career high of 11.5 which he set last year with the Denver Broncos.

A year ago, the team’s leading sacker had 3.0. The last time the Cardinals had a double digit sacker was in 1999 (Simeon Rice, 16.5).

This is the first time that Berry has won the award and the 17th player in Cardinals history to win the defensive player of the week honor.

Berry’s award also marks the third Cardinals player to win “NFC Player of the Week” in 2004. Kicker Neil Rackers was awarded the special teams player after week eight’s victory over Seattle and safety Adrian Wilson was awarded the defensive player of the week after week four’s win against the New Orleans Saints.

It is the first time since 2002 that at least three Cardinals players have been named NFL Player of the Week in the same season (Bill Gramatica, MarTay Jenkins, Adrian Wilson).
:notworthy

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This team is racking up the awards! Wilson, Berry and Rackers in only 1/2 season!

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Sweeettt.....He has to be our best FA pick up....like ever. Cool :cool:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time a FA came to the Cradinals and made contributions like this. He and Dockett are beasts. I love seeing this D play. I can't say that enough!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05