Best Amare dunk?

What is your favorite Amare dunk? Was it when he dunked over...

• Olowakandi

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Josh Smith

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Tolliver

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Foyle

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Other? (Must post video!)

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cly2tw

Reaction score
The Foyle one is the best because of the hip check. The one on Smith appears to have been the least difficult.

After reviewing the Foyle one, I might have to put it up there with the Tolliver one as the best. In both cases, Amare had to overcome the full power of the defenders and walk in the air with those balast with him. That's why Foyle joke of giving his body to Amare science project!:D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite Amare dunk isn't here. It was preseason or a week or two into his rookie season. He was just inside the foul line facing the bench when he caught the ball. He jumped and as he went up I couldn't figure out what he was planning to do as he held the ball with the wrong hand for a hook shot. Well, as he elevated I realized he was going to try and dunk it and I almost fell off the couch laughing. There wasn't a player in the NBA that could get within a foot of the basket from where he took off. And I was right, he missed the dunk. But he missed it by clipping the inside of the rim and that's when I knew the guy was something special.

If I can't vote for that dunk then I'll take the Kandi dunk for the sheer spectacle of it.

Steve

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
They did lose that GSW(and that may have not even been the best dunk on Foyle in that game) but they won the Hawks game. Amare had a decent dunk on Okafor the game before that Hawks game too. I liked the dunk he had on Jefferson a couple weeks ago.
Huh? the dunk over Tolliver was GSW and Suns won that game 133/131....

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I liked Amare dunking on Richard Jefferson the most.

evile

Reaction score
My favorite will always be the Olowokandi dunk. The elevation and then marbury's face were priceless. I gotta admit, the Toliver dunk had great elevation too though. I didn't think Amare would ever be able to jump like he did before the knee surgeries but perhaps he has finally recovered his explosive vertical after all.
Its the Bionic band he wears now! Im tellin ya, ever since he started wearing it he has been a beast!!