Best Draft in Years 2013

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I love the fact that NO ONE knows who the first pick will be. Shoot we don't know anyone for that matter.

This is the first year I can remember where the entire draft from 1-10 is a complete unknown and I love it.

years past it was obvious who was the top guys

It'll be a fun draft to watch and analyze

only a few days to go

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I like it too ARZCards, but I am getting very nervous about getting caught up in what everyone else is doing, and getting caught up in moving up and down in this draft for sexy, when we could simply stay put and take the most solid pick for us in the draft with Warmack at the 7 pick. He would fix our OL woes for 10 plus years, and give us that nasty mauler who can destroy the second level to give our RB's a chance to score. Paired with either Levi on the left, or Massie on the right, we could have a guard tackle tandem that would be really good run blockers for a long time, (at both the first and second level). Warmack would still anchor our interior line in pass-protection, giving our QB's a clear pocket to step up into for years to come when the outside rush comes, (something we have not been able to count on).

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Usually at this time we have a decent amount locked in speculation wise, and that this year we don't. This thought has been going around for awhile.

As I stated a day or so ago but it didn't quite catch everything I was trying to say, I thought of a better way to explain it is that as time is going forward, more and more players are becoming variable in their draft position rather than them starting to be solidified.

With Sharrif and Milliner being questioned or knocked because of the injuries. Fluker moving way up. Quite a few WR's seems to be rocketing up to the bottom of the first round. Lots of movement all over the place.

We don't have a #1 being negotiated. We don't even know if it's Joeckel or Fisher if they decide the want a tackle. If they don't trade Albert, do they even take a tackle? We have no idea where the QB's will land. The first QB selected could be any of the following; Smith, Nassib, Barkley, Manuel and it could be as high as #2 or all the way into the 2nd round.

Some say Cooper is better than Warmack, who himself is considered by many to be one of the best in a decade or more.

A bunch of teams are rumored to want to trade down. Some want to trade up. (but most of the trading up is from way down the list like Atlanta and San Fran making it difficult to achieve)

...and more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Usually at this time we have a decent amount locked in speculation wise, and that this year we don't. This thought has been going around for awhile.

As I stated a day or so ago but it didn't quite catch everything I was trying to say, I thought of a better way to explain it is that as time is going forward, more and more players are becoming variable in their draft position rather than them starting to be solidified.

With Sharrif and Milliner being questioned or knocked because of the injuries. Fluker moving way up. Quite a few WR's seems to be rocketing up to the bottom of the first round. Lots of movement all over the place.

We don't have a #1 being negotiated. We don't even know if it's Joeckel or Fisher if they decide the want a tackle. If they don't trade Albert, do they even take a tackle? We have no idea where the QB's will land. The first QB selected could be any of the following; Smith, Nassib, Barkley, Manuel and it could be as high as #2 or all the way into the 2nd round.

Some say Cooper is better than Warmack, who himself is considered by many to be one of the best in a decade or more.

A bunch of teams are rumored to want to trade down. Some want to trade up. (but most of the trading up is from way down the list like Atlanta and San Fran making it difficult to achieve)

...and more.

exactly

jjjcardsfan85

Reaction score
Completely agree i can't remember it being this wide open ever, this draft might be really crazy.