Best games you ever saw at SDS?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
  1. ASU 20 USC 7 - SC was #1 and they held Charles White to about 10 yards. SC scored with 47 seconds left. AWESOME
  2. ASU 19 Nebaraska Cornholers 0
  3. ASU 24 UofA 21 - 1975, THE CATCH!
  4. ASU 12 WAshington 7, Kush's last game. I really felt bad for Washington after this one. They didn't stand a chance in hell. They had like -10 yards offence in the entire first half. I've never seen a team play with som much emotion. It was truly intense.
  5. ASU 48 USC 35 - How do you win by 13 in double OT?
Here's a great place to look up your favorite ASU games.
http://thesundevils.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/history/asu-m-footbl-ssnsummaries.html

Last edited:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I won money off of that OT USC game, when I was in Vegas. ASU was a 6 point favorite and that Overtime rule allowed them to cover the spread. It let the party continue that much longer.

:thumbup:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1)1994 Fiesta Bowl. UofA beats Miami 29-0. The Cats are still the only team to record a shutout in the Fiesta Bowl.

2)Arizona beating #1 Washington 16-3 in 1992.

3)UofA beating ASU 16-13 in 1985. Max Zendejas kicked a 57 yard field goal! What I remember about that game was there were so many ASU fans who were carrying roses, hoping for a win and a berth to the Rose Bowl. I can't remember what bowl ASU went to in 1985, does anyone know?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
1)1994 Fiesta Bowl. UofA beats Miami 29-0. The Cats are still the only team to record a shutout in the Fiesta Bowl.

3)UofA beating ASU 16-13 in 1985. Max Zendejas kicked a 57 yard field goal! What I remember about that game was there were so many ASU fans who were carrying roses, hoping for a win and a berth to the Rose Bowl. I can't remember what bowl ASU went to in 1985, does anyone know?

:offtopic:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
ASU vs. Iowa, that was the best ever. Got about 20 people together tailgating when it just goes nuts with the monsoon. Everyone stayed and we all were hammered at the game, and the mighty Iowa team got killed. It was the most dominating performance I'd ever seen live, and combined with the crazy monsoon weather made for a memorable evening.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I was 13 years old for the magical 1996 season, I was at every home game. They were all amazing, but the ASU-Nebraska, and ASU-Cal game (to clinch the Rose bowl) were the best.

I remember it being so loud at the Nebraska game that my ears sort of popped and it went totally silent, I could see my mom yelling and cheering next to me, but couldnt hear a thing. Luckily, I didnt go def, and the sound returned to normally after 5 or so seconds.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Zona90 said:

Game 2 wasn't at SDS.:mad:

Maybe we should list memorable post season games you've seen played at the Rose Bowl.

ASU 22 Michigan 15
ASU 17 OSU 20 - even though we lost it was still an incredible game.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
devilalum said:

Maybe we should list memorable post season games you've seen played at the Rose Bowl.

ASU 22 Michigan 15

If you are referring to the 1985 UofA/ASU game as game two, it was at SDS. I should know, I was there.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
If you are referring to the 1985 UofA/ASU game as game two, it was at SDS. I should know, I was there.

He's probably referring to the game you put "2" in front of, UofA vs. Washington.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
He's probably referring to the game you put "2" in front of, UofA vs. Washington.

My bad, forgot it was games at SDS. Sorry devilalum. Okay, I'll replace my game two with the 1987 game when the Cats came back in the 4th quarter and recovered a fumble late and turned it into a touchdown. That has been the last time I have gone to an UofA/ASU game at SDS.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about ASU vs. Washington State in 1997. The Sun Devils jumped out to a big first-half lead, but Ryan leaf brought the Cougars storming back. Fright night Freemen (doesn't look spelled correctly... the serial rapist) made to incredible defensive plays at the end to seal the victory for ASU.

I had seats in the president's box for that game. It was great.

Joe Mama

Reaction score
Haven't really been to SDS a lot. Maybe about 5 times. But here are the games i saw.

1. Cards vs. Niners (2003)- Cards win overtime with a field goal.
2. Cards vs. Giants (2004)- The game where Bert Berry got like 6 sacks on Kurt Warner. Cards win also!!
3. Sun Devils vs. Oregon State Beavers (2004)- Last year's homecoming game, Sun Devils Win!!!
4. High School 4A Championship (2003)- Cactus vs. Sunnyside, watched the game as a fan. It was one great game, but a real heartbreaking lost!!
5. High School 4A Championship (2004)- Cactus vs. Moon Valley, I was at the sidelines as a player this time but never went in the game. We were the home team too and we dressed out in the Cardinals lockerroom. Very Awesome!!! Moon Valley stages one of the biggest comeback to win the game. One of the worst days in my life.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
bleedingblueandsilver said:
Haven't really been to SDS a lot. Maybe about 5 times. But here are the games i saw.

1. Cards vs. Niners (2003)- Cards win overtime with a field goal.
2. Cards vs. Giants (2004)- The game where Bert Berry got like 6 sacks on Kurt Warner. Cards win also!!
QUOTE]

If you want to talk Cards games how about the win over the 49ers when the Cards scored something like 4 touchdowns in the 4th quarter. I can't remember the year but I think the 49ers won the Super Bowl that year.

After the game Walsh was stumblin and bumblin all over himself trying to explain what happened.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cards / Saints 1998. Plummer was a god in that game. One of the most exciting, down to the wire games I can remember.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
devilalum said:

That game wasn't in SDS. ;)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
One of my favorite games at SDS will be the game versus Washington State. Kealy Vs. Leaf, what an awesome game...both QBs threw for a ton of yards. The clincher was when Fright Night blitzed Leaf causing him to fumble and a big ole DLineman(Amey?) picked up the ball and rumbled in for the score.

Also the first game of Plummer's senior year versus Washington. Great entertaining game, JR Redmond's debut game I believe.

I also have some good(and bad) Cardinal memories there as well.

Worst game I ever saw, versus USC when Rodney Peete was the QB. I don't even remember the score like 40 something to nothing.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I was at the Cards vs. niners game where Aneus ended Steve Young's career. It was awesome to hear all of the Niners fans sigh at once. They were all like who the hell is this Jeff Garcia character.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Zeno said:
One of my favorite games at SDS will be the game versus Washington State. Kealy Vs. Leaf, what an awesome game...both QBs threw for a ton of yards. The clincher was when Fright Night blitzed Leaf causing him to fumble and a big ole DLineman(Amey?) picked up the ball and rumbled in for the score.

Also the first game of Plummer's senior year versus Washington. Great entertaining game, JR Redmond's debut game I believe.

I also have some good(and bad) Cardinal memories there as well.

Worst game I ever saw, versus USC when Rodney Peete was the QB. I don't even remember the score like 40 something to nothing.

Hamilton Mee scooped up the ball & rumbled for the TD. Next drive, we got to Leaf again & had another def TD. That game was awesome.

That USC game was 50-0. 1st ASU game I've ever left SDS early.

Best games @ SDS - ASU vs NEb 1987, lost 35-28; ASU - Iowa last year; ASU - UCLA 2001 (?) Delvon Flowers bubble screen TD from 40 yds out

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. 19-0

2. Iowa last year

3. Dallas vs. Cards game where the goal posts were torn down and marched down Mill

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05