Blitz happy Horton

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
I freaking love it. I'd rather lose a game bringing the heat like crazy than lose a game playing meek. We've lost a LOT of games playing meek.

I agree with this. It was amazing to watch, I've never seen a Cards 'D' coordinator bring the heat like Horton was calling. We can only improve from here...

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's not 10 yards off. It's 7 yards, one yard in or out. Down and distance is an issue in setting your corners, and keep in mind if you play tight on a blitz and the QB reads it correctly, it's a very, very long gain.

I know what I saw. It's 10 yards, I was there and I watched the game on DVR. They may be told to play 7 off, but on more than a few plays Peterson and Jefferson were both ATLEAST 10 yards off at the snap and they are backpeddling as soon as the WR breaks. They dont do it every play, but when you send an all out blitz, your DB's better cover long enough for the blitz to get there, not play 10 yards off and back off so the QB always has a safety valve. That's why Newton hit so many wide open options when he was blitzed.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What is with the bend and don't break philiosophy? The top defenses in the league are almost all aggressive. Usually good qbs in the league can pick apart a defense with enough pass protection and most wrs can get open when given enough time.
It is very difficult for a cb to cover a receiver for 10 seconds while also being 10 yards off.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05