Blockbuster trade in the works?

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Is Vince Carter going to Utah for Kirilenko?

There's a poll on ESPN.com's NBA page asking that question. Anyone know anything about this?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Vince Carter going to Utah for Kirilenko?

There's a poll on ESPN.com's NBA page asking that question. Anyone know anything about this?

Carter for Kirilenko? Doesn't make much sense to me. Your trading a center who can play defense and rebound for a scorer who doesn't play defense.

Not to mention, that I know the Nets need a big man but did they forget how they played in the backcourt before Carter got there? That team brought in Carter for the sole purpose of giving them a 1-2 tandem. I know the Nets are hurting but this trade makes them in incredibly slower and worse scoring team.

fordronken

Reaction score
The Jazz need a shooting guard desperately and Kirilenko has been playing terribly for them. But, there's a feeling he'll turn it around. Also, Kirilenko can play big and the Nets have nobody up front.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jazz need a shooting guard desperately and Kirilenko has been playing terribly for them. But, there's a feeling he'll turn it around. Also, Kirilenko can play big and the Nets have nobody up front.

I get that. However, the Nets need another scorer in that lineup. If they did that trade they would go back to the pre Kidd Carter tandem which was a scoring nightmare for that team. Prior to that trade the Nets couldn't score on anybody. When they added Carter, that team all of the sudden became legit in the East.

Tell me what makes them more legit Kidd - Kirilenko or Kidd - Carter?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carter can also opt out after this season, so I dont see how that is a good deal for Utah, unless they are seriously trying to cut bait with AK47.

fordronken

Reaction score
I don't think there's much stock in the rumor, but I can see the benefits for both teams. However, there are also plenty of flaws.

Estringonly

Reaction score
Imagine all the possibiliteis in the New York area for AK47 to explore for his wife approved one night sex fling????

sunsfn

Reaction score
Carter can also opt out after this season, so I dont see how that is a good deal for Utah, unless they are seriously trying to cut bait with AK47.

Yes he can but, he would be opting out of a $16 mil deal, I do not think he will do that!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carter for Kirilenko? Doesn't make much sense to me. Your trading a center who can play defense and rebound for a scorer who doesn't play defense.

Not to mention, that I know the Nets need a big man but did they forget how they played in the backcourt before Carter got there? That team brought in Carter for the sole purpose of giving them a 1-2 tandem. I know the Nets are hurting but this trade makes them in incredibly slower and worse scoring team.

Isn't AK47 a sf?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
omg people, ak47 is NOT a center. he couldn't even play one in the suns scheme. he's got ridiculous arms and can block shots like no tomorrow, but he's NOT a center. he's a defensive sf who can swing to the pf. but even in our scheme he's just not thick enough to play center. at least boris has a little weight on him.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch Kirilenko and his contract. The guy is always injured. When he's healthy he's fantastic, and Utah would not trade him.

Joe

planaria

Rookie
Reaction score
AK is playing terrible defense right now. He's a hell of shot blocker, but that is all.

He never is close to his man, due the fact he's always trying to "cheat" for a block on help defense. Plus, when he's playing man on man defense, he's always abused for the fastest SF's from the league.

He's maybe one of the slowest starters SF's in the NBA and isnt physical enought to guard PFs.

Still, he wasnt that horrible on offense. I just dont know what is happening there...

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
According to ESPN's Daily Dime:

Add the name of Bucks center Dan Gadzuric to the list of players being shopped in advance of the Feb. 22 trade deadline.

Gadzuric has been deemed surplus to requirements in Milwaukee, according to NBA front-office sources, but you suspect he's the sort of athletic big man New Jersey would love to pursue if the Nets weren't facing serious luxury-tax deterrents.

Any team interested in making a play for Gadzuric must absorb the remaining four years on his contract at $26 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime_070203-04

Banks & Burke would probably work salary-wise.