Blue Jackets’ Johnny Gaudreau, brother killed while biking

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Absolutely tragic. He had two young kids.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, that's just awful. The family must be devastated.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my good friends died similarly. He was biking and a distracted driver killed him. I didn't ride my bike on the streets for nearly a year after that.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my good friends died similarly. He was biking and a distracted driver killed him. I didn't ride my bike on the streets for nearly a year after that.

The distracted driver epidemic has never been worse, IMO. I commute a total of six miles each day, and there isn't one week I go without some sort of harrowing experience where someone acts the fool in their two-ton missile with wheels. Almost always because they're staring down into the blue glare instead of, you know, driving.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The distracted driver epidemic has never been worse, IMO. I commute a total of six miles each day, and there isn't one week I go without some sort of harrowing experience where someone acts the fool in their two-ton missile with wheels. Almost always because they're staring down into the blue glare instead of, you know, driving.
We need to treat large SUVs and trucks, especially the ones that are lifted as commercial vehicles and require a bunch of extra training and safety equipment on them. And make it retroactive.

You have these idiots that drive around and lifted trucks that can’t see anything in front of them

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely heartbreaking. It's been on my mind and heart all day long. I can't imagine losing your two brothers let alone on the eve of your wedding day. My brother coached at Hollydell arena. South Jersey has a pretty tight-knit ice hockey community. Just so tragic and preventable.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
can't believe it. I loved watching him play. he scored the game 7 winner vs. dallas a few years ago. broke my heart at the time and now I will always look back on that differently. drunk driving, poor driving, and impatient road rage in general is out of control. I am afraid to ride a bicycle or motorcycle because of it. but I'm also afraid in my own vehicle because people are so reckless.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score