Bobcats at Suns 2/24

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Gasol I am not worried about but Odom will be a problem and Kobe will get his. We need nash and dragic to work fisher and we need shaq to work gasol which he will. J-rich needs to at least match kobe or try to and grant I don't know if he can do much with that foot but he knows what to do. Good thing barnes got something going and Barbosa will be the key to the game. Oh yea and our bench needs to play like they did tonight.

basically we have to attack the post. They aren't short on big men like us but without bynum Gasol is like a marshmallow down low.

Last edited:

stuntburn

Reaction score
Gasol I am not worried about but Odom will be a problem..

definetely, odom has been a beast recently.

also if steve nash cant play the game due to injury, i think we should just tank the game. richardson and hill are hurting a lil too, so rest them up for friday.

dragic vs fisher
barbosa vs kobe
barnes vs walton
dudley vs odom
shaq vs gasol

if we beat the lakers with that team.....lol

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
definetely, odom has been a beast recently.

also if steve nash cant play the game due to injury, i think we should just tank the game. richardson and hill are hurting a lil too, so rest them up for friday.

dragic vs fisher
barbosa vs kobe
barnes vs walton
dudley vs odom
shaq vs gasol

if we beat the lakers with that team.....lol
their really is no one on our team to match odom with amare out.. especially when he is playing PF. I am guessing hill will try to defend him but Dudley and Lou have to step it up. No weak stuff from dudley like last game he has to make those lay ups or at least draw the foul.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
their really is no one on our team to match odom with amare out.. especially when he is playing PF. I am guessing hill will try to defend him but Dudley and Lou have to step it up. No weak stuff from dudley like last game he has to make those lay ups or at least draw the foul.

There is nobody on any team that can match Odom. Odom has always been a match-up nightmare, and he will always be one. Put a small guy on him, and he will post him up. Put a bigger player on him and he will either drive to the hoop or hit jumpers, depending on how he is being defended. When his head in in the game and not up his ass, Odom is unstoppable. Truth be told, I would rather have Hill/Barnes/Lou guard him than Stoudemire.

Regardless, the Lakers can be beat- go to Shaq and attack the basket. Gasol and Odom can't guard Shaq, and the only other inside player is a scrub on a 10 day contract. If Shaq and the guards can get Gasol and Odom into foul trouble, they have a shot, assuming Fisher, Ariza, Walton, and Vujacic don't light it up. Get Gasol and Odom in foul trouble, let Kobe get his 50, contain everyone else and you have a shot. Just please don't leave Fisher and Vujacic open at the 3 point line. :bang:

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
dragic showed more confidence, but he did over dribble for a bit.

Dragic shows a great ability to get to the hole, but he needs to learn to secure the ball from the swipers.

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
Dragic shows a great ability to get to the hole, but he needs to learn to secure the ball from the swipers.

yeah he seems to travel quite often and that leads to more turnovers.
hope Nash s ankle is not too bad otherwise we are gonna get slaughtered by Kobe & Co.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
The arena was only about 3/4 full, but saw a lot of Bell jerseys. Nice to see they gave Raja and Boris a nice round of applause. Seriously, that Bobcats team is not very good. The 2 ex-Suns are easily their best players.

Shaq thinking it was only 1 free throw? :lol: Even I thought it had gone in. Nash got on his case about that

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
The arena was only about 3/4 full, but saw a lot of Bell jerseys. Nice to see they gave Raja and Boris a nice round of applause. Seriously, that Bobcats team is not very good. The 2 ex-Suns are easily their best players.

Shaq thinking it was only 1 free throw? :lol: Even I thought it had gone in. Nash got on his case about that

Yeah, I was there too. My friend and I kept thinking, "This is a sellout?"

nowagimp

Reaction score
27/10/6 by Diaw.
wow.

The scary part is he shot 10-12, only 12 shots to get his 27 pts. This illustrates how bad the defense at PF is. Odom or gasol will light them up with similarly devastating efficiency, ughhh! Gasol will take shaq outside(or else he will just shoot), and odom will kill the suns down low.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So-so game by the Suns with a poor 4th quarter but a win is a win particularlly in our situation. :)

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
the truth is odom is much bigger(30-40#) than those guys, this is one of the silliest comments I have heard recently here.

30-40 what?
Odom is 6'10 and 230 lb.
Lou us 6'9 and 225 lb.
Barnes is 6'7 and 226 lb.
Hill is 6'8 and 225 lb.

nowagimp

Reaction score
30-40 what?
Odom is 6'10 and 230 lb.
Lou us 6'9 and 225 lb.
Barnes is 6'7 and 226 lb.
Hill is 6'8 and 225 lb.

Just watch them play and tell me matt barnes and hill are only 5 lbs lighter, you cant even see that. Your weights were probably from their rookie cards or some other advertisement. Lebron is supposedly 250 lbs, but most say he's 270 or more. And shaq is 325, right? If youre withing 5 lbs, as alleged, no excuse for not being able to control space, we shall see 2x this week. If you are correct, then odom should be no problem on the oglass:D.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
So he refuted you with statistics, and you come back with opinion?

Odom was just on Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory (AWESOME show btw, along with Rob & Big). He is tall and skinny skinny skinny. I dont see Hill having any significant problems stopping Odom from backing him down.

Now if you want to stick to your point and make sense, why not talk about Odom's range and length? He has way long arms and spreads the interior defense very well. And THATS where the odom argument makes sense.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
odom plays sf when bynum isn't injured.. we still can't stop him but they will be playing small ball too. not as small as us but still smaller than most teams and smaller than they usually play.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Just watch them play and tell me matt barnes and hill are only 5 lbs lighter, you cant even see that. Your weights were probably from their rookie cards or some other advertisement.

I love how every time someone points out one of your factual errors, you just call them an idiot and declare the argument resolved.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
What he was trying to say was, you attack the validity of the source and not the information itself, then give an opinion as justification = fallacy.