Boldin and Fitz: Best Young WR duo ever?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Say the Cards draft Fitz at 3, would that give the team the best, young WR duo ever?

Thanks,

A-Bomb

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
...And why don't we...

toss B. Johnson into the mix?? LOL I'm hoping hard we get Fitz'. GO CARDS!!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hines Ward, Plaxico Buress, and Antwaan Randle El are the best trio of young WRs ever. Have a good QB throw to those guys, and it's nearly unstoppable.

Mrospi

Reaction score
Yeah I know..... But that was one heck of a receiver core.....just needed to mention them

Also Mark Clayton & Mark Duper for the fins

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mrospi said:
Yeah I know..... But that was one heck of a receiver core.....just needed to mention them

Also Mark Clayton & Mark Duper for the fins

Wow, in 1984 these two had 1300+ yards...each.

A-Bomb

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plaxico Buress disappears too often.

How about Chris Carter, Randy Moss, and Reed?

MadRob

Rookie
Reaction score
....And the only thing keeping us from getting him may be Oakland!!! :(

I hope to God that Oakland trades with someone that wants Gallery...

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Plaxico = overrated
Randle-El = overrated

I remember Herman Moore, Brett Perriman, and Johnnie Morton on those Lions teams used to run up and down the field on people. Michael Haynes and Andre Rison and can't remember the other guy's name were awesome too.

EDIT: Mike Pritchard

I say we don't anoint anyone as anything at least until they get on the field together.

Last edited:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jerry Rice, John Taylor, and TE Russ Francis.

George Sauer and Don Maynard.

Last edited:

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Plaxico = overrated
Randle-El = overrated

I remember Herman Moore, Brett Perriman, and Johnnie Morton on those Lions teams used to run up and down the field on people. Michael Haynes and Andre Rison and can't remember the other guys name were awesome too.

I say we don't anoint anyone as anything at least until they get on the field together.

Was it Sterling Sharp?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
No Mike Pritchard on the Falcons during Glanville's years down there. You can also throw in latter 1990s Ed McCaffrey, Rod Smith, and Shannon Sharpe to that list of a tandem superior to Pittsburgh's.

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
The Redskins recievers during their 80s run were pretty good, Clark, Monk, and there were like 2 others. The "Fun Bunch".

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Jerry Rice, John Taylor, and TE Russ Francis.

George Sauer and Don Maynard.

Gotta go with that one Skkorp!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
...and ugh hate to say this but Bruce,Holt and Ricky.

I don't remember how old Issac Bruce was, but him, Torry Holt, and Az-Zahir Hakim struck fear into defensive coordinators around the league.

C-MACK

Veteran
Reaction score
Here's an oldy but goody. Remember when we had possibly (according to some people) the best WR trio in the league? Here we are at game 13 and the three have combined for 5 TD's which is of course, one TD less than the immortal Drew Bennet has scored in his last 2 games. Fitz has had a decent rookie year, but Q still hasn't sniffed the endzone and BJ is anything but a deep threat. I know we don't have the best QB's, but this is still pathetic. Oh for the days of those preseason dreams and expectations, unfortunately reality always sets in for the Cards and ruins everything. Lets hope we see the Q of last year again someday.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one mentioned Irvin, Harper and Novachek? You had everything there - one of the best possession guys ever - the speed merchant and the best TE in the league. Sheesh - that offense was good - I didn't even mention the all-time leading rusher or the robot thewy had back there at QB or the Pro-Bowl O-linemen . . . my lord - Jerry Jones and his ego just crushed that team firing JJ - they would have won another two if not three Super Bowls.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
C-MACK said:
Q still hasn't sniffed the endzone and BJ is anything but a deep threat.

Q had a terrific TD catch against the Panthers... too bad Jones was called for Holding. :mad:

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
No one mentioned Irvin, Harper and Novachek? You had everything there - one of the best possession guys ever - the speed merchant and the best TE in the league. Sheesh - that offense was good - I didn't even mention the all-time leading rusher or the robot thewy had back there at QB or the Pro-Bowl O-linemen . . . my lord - Jerry Jones and his ego just crushed that team firing JJ - they would have won another two if not three Super Bowls.

Wasn't Irvin in fact arrested for possession??? :D