Boldin for Cribbs

doctor

Registered
Reaction score
How about Q for Josh Cribbs and a pick. Cribbs could really be a versatile player in Whiz's scheme. Kickoffs, punts, wildcat, receiver. Holmgren just offered him 1.4....that is not going to get it done and Cleveland could use the leadership and receiver. Also, Holmgren knows Q as well as anyone because of his days in Seattle.

Reaction score
How about Q for Josh Cribbs and a pick. Cribbs could really be a versatile player in Whiz's scheme. Kickoffs, punts, wildcat, receiver. Holmgren just offered him 1.4....that is not going to get it done and Cleveland could use the leadership and receiver. Also, Holmgren knows Q as well as anyone because of his days in Seattle.
:mulli:

:newcards:There's a freaking playoff game Sunday!!!

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

Wow. I was going to post this exact thing last night. Cribbs for Boldin straight up. Josh Cribbs is amazing. To those who say he can't catch or run a route....bull.

Fitz, Breaston, Doucet, Cribbs, Wells and Hightower....wow.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boldin for Cribbs?

Done and Done.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
I have an idea!!!! How about us Cards fans focus our energy toward the team beating the Packers Sunday??? Not sure if anyone realizes this but the Cards are in the Playoffs again and Boldin is a big part of why we are there. So talking about trading a guy like Mutha F'n Anquan Boldin right now is pretty damn disrespectful for one! And just not very, well fan like!

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cribbs: jack of all trades, master of none.
Q: possibly a Hall of Fame receiver.

D'uh! no thanks...

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I have an idea!!!! How about us Cards fans focus our energy toward the team beating the Packers Sunday??? Not sure if anyone realizes this but the Cards are in the Playoffs again and Boldin is a big part of why we are there. So talking about trading a guy like Mutha F'n Anquan Boldin right now is pretty damn disrespectful for one! And just not very, well fan like!

Why do we have to put all of our focus on Sunday if some of us want to talk about moving Boldin for Cribbs. How in the world is it disrepectful to Boldin. Do you really think we hurt his feelings by talking about trading him. He wants to get out of here anyway.

Isn't this forum for everyone to talk about any topic referring to the Cardinals??

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Why do we have to put all of our focus on Sunday if some of us want to talk about moving Boldin for Cribbs. How in the world is it disrepectful to Boldin. Do you really think we hurt his feelings by talking about trading him. He wants to get out of here anyway.

Isn't this forum for everyone to talk about any topic referring to the Cardinals??

Just my opinion! Maybe I just relish this experience a whole lot more than some. Boldin leaving this team is the very last thing on my mind. When Boldin comes to mind for me it is more in line with I sure hope he is feeling good Sunday.

And I dont really know that anyone on this board knows what Boldin really wants. I think the only thing we can know is he wants to get paid more. And I think most here agree he should. But shipping him off?? Why?? Every player on this team says he is the heart of the team. And my money is that if we ship him off, Kurt retires. I sure hope all of you that want Cribbs or whoever think he is worth that price because according to Kurt that is a major part of his decision to play again this year.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
If this thread came up on game day I would agree it would be bad timing. But today it's just something to ponder and discuss because there is only so much we can post about the game this weekend. And, for me I would add, if I had my druthers Boldin would retire in Cardinal red (and happy to be in Cards red). Now if that isn't in the "Cards" and he gets traded, a top notch KR/PR would be nice to have who could also catch a ball or 3.......

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
That is a great read. It's further proof that maybe his agent was pulling his strings last year.

In regards to this thread, how about instead of trading Boldin, we just offer Cleveland our 2nd round pick instead and see if they bite.

MUCH better idea..........:thumbup:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I have said yes to a straight Boldin for Cribbs trade in the past, and still a gree with it. But not because Cribbs is a good WR or anything. But thats more of me feeling I think he is that big of a game changer on special teams and may be the best thing we can get for Boldin in a trade market.

Make no mistake though Cribbs wouldnt even be in the top 3 WR's on this team. Fitz, Breaston, and Doucet are all way better recievers then Cribbs is at this point in time. Cribbs was their best weapon on O by far and he still only caught the ball 20 times. Was only targeted 31 times. Dropped 3 balls which is huge for only being targeted 31 times. His average was only 7 yards per reception because they rarely let him run routes longer then a WR screen pass. Granted he didnt have the most stable QB conditions in the NFL, but still, his WR skill has been about as productive as Sean Morey. Heck he might not even be in the top 4 of our WR core next year.

But what he does bring is -
1. Occasional WR screen.
2. Slightly more then the occasional reverse, wildcat or run play (averaged 7 yards a carry)
3. But mostly he brings the most influential return man in the NFL.