Boldin Rejects Offer

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
I hate to be the one to say this, but JUST PAY HIM what he wants and lets get rolling with the WINNING season.

Bidwill can afford another big sallary on the team....

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Codeofhammurabi said:
We will be better this year, but let's make the playoffs once in this century before we start talking about being a special team. Let this team grow a little. Playoffs-hopefully.

I think with this season being the season that we start a run of playoff years qualifies as making this season special. And with Quan, we could actually get past the first round.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
We don't know anything about the structure or the exact numbers, so it's impossible for us to say either that Boldin should sign the deal or that the team is being cheap with this offer.

The only thing we can conclude from this report is that they're negotiating and that's a very positive thing. Something will get done.

AzWins23

Reaction score
Does Boldin actually reject the offer, or does Boldin's agent reject the offer??? How does it work?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AzWins23 said:
Does Boldin actually reject the offer, or does Boldin's agent reject the offer??? How does it work?

The way Rosenpuke works, it would be Drew that rejects.

I have no worries about Q any longer...his comments and actions AFTER missing minicamp have made up for missing the camp, and my fear that Drew had infected him is misplaced.

Q will be there, in training camp, and in games this year...the Cards and Drew will reach some agreement, and all will be well. I just hope we lock him up for long, long, long term.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
wilycoyote24 said:
How is this? I thought all bonuses were prorated over the life of the contract. How does it work with roster bonuses? Does it only affect the year in which it is payed? Also, didn't Santana sign a contract extension, receiving the same figures in the remaining portion of the contract, with the bonuses compensating him until his extension kicks in?

Any bonus is prorated over the existing life of the contract. So if he signs a 5 year deal with a 10 mil bonus, 2 mil per year hits the cap. If after the first year he gets another 4 mil roster bonus, his figures would look like so

Year one would be base salary plus 2 million signing bonus
year 2 through 5 would be base salary, plus 2 million signing bonus PLUS another mil each year for the roster bonus he got after year one. Notice how this keeps the first year lower than the remaining.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
The way Rosenpuke works, it would be Drew that rejects.

Drew is Boldins employee. Boldin hired him and has final say before Drew rejects or accepts any offers. Drew will give his advice but it is Boldin who makes the final choices. So yes it was Boldin who rejected the offer.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Again, it is early... everybody breathe. Posturing is rampant this time of the year. We all know what is going on. Boldin wants to rip his deal up, Cards want to extend. Pay the man, but in no way rip up the old deal. Rookie salaries are the only effective way to manage the cap. Giving thme huge raises before you have to will leave you in cap hell VERY quickly.

NFL_FAN

NFL_FAN
Reaction score
vince56 said:
This is news? Why are they negotiating through the media?

So we have heard rumors as to what the Cards are offering that is being rejected which seems fair to me. Well what does Boldin want then? Lets hear the truth of what he thinks his worth is or is it so outrageous Drew won't speak? Speak Drew, speak!! Let's hear your "reasonable" request? Or has he and I have missed it?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Drew is Boldins employee. Boldin hired him and has final say before Drew rejects or accepts any offers. Drew will give his advice but it is Boldin who makes the final choices. So yes it was Boldin who rejected the offer.

That is not Drew's standard MO. It is one reason why many players won't have him as an agent.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
That is not Drew's standard MO. It is one reason why many players won't have him as an agent.

Or the reason why so many other players are switching to him. Dont kid yourself the guy has a lot of players he represents. And if so many players wont hire him for that reason then what does taht say about Boldin for hiring him? Boldin knew what he was getting when he hired the guy.

So, you are saying that Boldin has no say what so ever. That would make Boldin very stupid, and he is not. Boldin hired the guy so any choices that Drew makes or choices that he lets Drew make on his behalf is on Boldins head. There is no way around it, period.

This, "its all Drews fault", stuff is getting old and is just plain wrong. Boldin hired him and is the one listening to him.

As for the offer, until I see an actually break down of the 11 mill cant say if it is fair or not. The Base Salaries could be really low, who knows.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
I disagree with whoever said to just pay Boldin what he wants. He's going to want money he doesnt deserve as a third year player with 2 bum knees. I personally feel that Santana money is a good amount for him. Also, to the person that feared losing him to a division rival...let him sit until he gives in, then franchise him and get the good in return if he wants out.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mrh182 said:
I disagree with whoever said to just pay Boldin what he wants. He's going to want money he doesnt deserve as a third year player with 2 bum knees. I personally feel that Santana money is a good amount for him. Also, to the person that feared losing him to a division rival...let him sit until he gives in, then franchise him and get the good in return if he wants out.

So you'd franchise a player with two - as you say - bum knees.

Brilliant.... :biglaugh:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Mrh182 said:

I don't know about "bum knees" but I do think DG is a no BS kinda guy and would let him sit if it came to that. What's sad is that this shouldn't even be an issue with 2 yrs. remaining on a contract.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Actually

if we wanted to keep him and he wanted his value to go up, at the proper time, franchising him isn't a bad idea.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Slacker said:
Personally, I could care less anymore. We are better with him, but we can win without him. There is ZERO excuse for not winning our pathetic division this year either way.

I am with you. He can stay or he can go. The Cardinals live on with him or without him. If he can make more money elsewhere then he can leave when his contract is up. If he wants to sit it out that is his choice. Just more money for the owners and less value for him after two years in the tank. I like the Eagles approach with T.O.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
john h said:
I am with you. He can stay or he can go. The Cardinals live on with him or without him. If he can make more money elsewhere then he can leave when his contract is up. If he wants to sit it out that is his choice. Just more money for the owners and less value for him after two years in the tank. I like the Eagles approach with T.O.

Ya know, everyone keeps bringing TO up as tho this is the same situation, it isn't.

TO got a brand new deal last year with a $10 million signing bonus and a base salary of more then $3 million dollars, means between last year and this year he'll have pockets $16 million dollars, and that is what he wants to renegotiate.

Q meanwhile between what he made last year and what he is currently going to make this year is $685,000 dollars, which is more then $15 million less then TO.

There is a HUGE difference between these positions. Now admittidly TO is the better WR at this point in thier careers, so Q may not deserve $16 million over 2 years, but is $10-$12 million over those 2 years out of the question, no. And playing for $685,000 at his abilities is ridiculous, and to say he should just go ahead and play for that money is as well.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JasonKGME said:
Ya know, everyone keeps bringing TO up as tho this is the same situation, it isn't.

TO got a brand new deal last year with a $10 million signing bonus and a base salary of more then $3 million dollars, means between last year and this year he'll have pockets $16 million dollars, and that is what he wants to renegotiate.

Q meanwhile between what he made last year and what he is currently going to make this year is $685,000 dollars, which is more then $15 million less then TO.

There is a HUGE difference between these positions. Now admittidly TO is the better WR at this point in thier careers, so Q may not deserve $16 million over 2 years, but is $10-$12 million over those 2 years out of the question, no. And playing for $685,000 at his abilities is ridiculous, and to say he should just go ahead and play for that money is as well.

Nice post Jason!

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
JasonKGME said:

I agree with the TO analogy. Now to say it's rediculious for Q to play foer the money in his current contract, it may be rediculious BUT he did sign the contract...period. I'm not saying he doesn't DESERVE it but alot players deserve more money. I think I'm just tired of this trend that's starting where a player wants more money with years left on a contract. No one forced them to sign anything. I think Q will be signed sooner than later, tho. And you're right, the TO situation is way different.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lex said:
How much did T.O. make in the third year of his first contract?

His 3rd year was 1998 so presumably he made quite a bit less than he does now. Of course after 2 full years he had 95 catches for nearly 1500 yards and 12 TD catches playing with Steve Young at QB most of that time. Came into a team that was 12-13 wins all of his first 3 years so he didn't get the instant PT that Quan did, but he also got to play on a much better team with a much better QB and had Jerry Rice in his prime to break in with so he didn't have to carry an offense the way Quan did.

The 49ers redid Owens contract fairly early in his career but I don't remember when. Given when he was drafted I would assume he got his first REAL payday in his 4th year but don't quote me on that.