Boldin Rumor on ESPN Insider

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Boldin to the Giants for OLB/DE Mathias Kiwanuka (or a 2nd round pick) and DT Jay Alford.

Your thoughts?

Kiwanuka is a good pass rusher...can play SOLB or WOLB. Alford is a good young tackle who also is the Giants' long snapper.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
1st rounder, don't re-sign Warner, and maybe I would consider it.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Kiwanuka worries me because he has had trouble staying healthy I believe. I don't know enough about Alford to comment.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
a giants 1st would be almost as low as our own so it wouldnot be worth it for Boldinian.. he will get his $$ next year if he can just keep his dress on that long.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
I would not make this trade. The Giants just upgraded there defense and this trade is the parts left over. Why don't we just keep Boldin and give hm the extension say 7-8 million per year.

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
There have been rumors of a Kiwanuka-Braylon Edwards deal also. I know it's only rumors, but one might say that the Kiwanuka part in the Boldin-deal might be true.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Here's what we should have done:

Signed TJ
Traded Boldin for Gonzalez
Signed Ward

Therefore: Leinart, Ward, Fitz, TJ, Breaston, Gonzalez

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Boldin to the Giants for OLB/DE Mathias Kiwanuka (or a 2nd round pick) and DT Jay Alford.

Your thoughts?

Kiwanuka is a good pass rusher...can play SOLB or WOLB. Alford is a good young tackle who also is the Giants' long snapper.

I like the trade idea. Kiwanuka had 8.0 sacks last year and he played both defensive end and linebacker for the Giants. He would come in an be a starter at one of the outside linebacker positions plus he is still very young. Alford was the guy who played lights out in the Super Bowl against the Patriots. It was his sack that almost killed Brady in the fourth quarter and helped to seal the win.

Coax a 3rd or 4th rounder out of the Giants as additional compensation and that is a very fair and realistic deal that benefits both teams.

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
They should add in a 2nd Round pick as well since we wouldn't have to worry about a 1st round contract and then I would be down.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Signed TJ
Signed Ward

As in the really really old Tony Gonzalez? No thanks. You'd need to add a 1st day pick.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Signed TJ
Signed Ward

TJ is going to be 32 next season, Ward will be 29, Gonzales will be 34. They are past their prime, except for Ward, who is a question mark since he is coming close to the dreaded RB age where production falls off the edge.

When we lose Boldin, our offense isn't a step behind. Kiwanuka would be a difference maker on defense. I am in favor of this trade.

cgolden

Registered
Reaction score
Is there a link for this rumor. I can't find it on ESPN.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meh...I don't like giving Boldin to someone we'll be playing next year and vying with in the playoffs.

Knock on Miami's door. The NYJ. Etc. Ideally, you move him out of the NFC.

Either that, or pay him. I'm even ok with him going to Philly ONLY because they've been decimated by free agency thus far. But the Giants have improved themselves, and we don't need to give them Boldin to help them into the Super Bowl.

IMO.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
man-- to get a pass rusher / OLB that has been in the league, has proven he can play and likely has his best football ahead of him -

I wouldnt have a problem with that trade

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Giants have 2 2nd rounders, and I want one of them. Alford cant be too great becuase he is the 5th tackle on their depth chart. I'd rather trade Q for their two 2nd rounders than any of this.

Redbird 78

Reaction score
I would not make this trade. The Giants just upgraded there defense and this trade is the parts left over. Why don't we just keep Boldin and give hm the extension say 7-8 million per year.

Probably because they can keep him for two more years and not pay him a nickel extra.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
I want that first round draft pick. I won't take anything less.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I think I would have to seriously consider such a trade. Our #2 WR for a "25 year old athletic pass rusher still getting better" and filler. He would have to play the Predator LB spot where he has his hand on the ground often becuase its when he has his hand on the ground he gets his most pressure on the QB. Interesting.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
you wouldn't rather have 2 #2s than the #29 overall?
You could acquire that #29 and use either of the first round picks we won't use to trade down for several 2nd-3rd round picks - at least that's where my mind is going.