Boldin Rumor on ESPN Insider

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Mathias would be a monster at OLB in a 3-4. One of his injuries was that cheap shot on the Monday night game and it is tough to hold that against him and he played in all 16 games last season and his rookie year, so I am not sure how he is injured often. Alford started showing some skills late. He's a one gap DT in the middle and could spell Dockett as that undersized DT/DE.

To me this is spreading talent around the team (taking the excess on offense and adding it to the defense)

The problem will be the PR hit after saying you want to negotiate, resigning Kurt, etc. The team would almost need a Boldin quote or meltdown to be able to make this move!

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Na. I want Kiwanuka, Alford, and swap firsts

There is little incentive to trade Boldin right now

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
YEah.. I gotta say , I have firmly been in the boat of IF we trade Boldin to one of the 4 NFC contenders they will have to overpay, AND we will have to get help at a need position...

Kiwanuka and the 2nd Round pick they Aquired (#45 overall), would fall into that catagory and I would be happy...

Use our 1st rounder on Knoshon/McCoy
#45-MAx Unger- C Oregon
#63-Gerald McCrath- OLB Southern Miss

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Giants will win the Superbowl if we trade them Boldin..

They are loaded on the Dline therefore arent giving up much to get him in this proposed deal.

IMO, you can't deal him to NY or Philly unless they overpay.. which IMO would be a first round pick and another very good player..

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Giants will win the Superbowl if we trade them Boldin..

They are loaded on the Dline therefore arent giving up much to get him in this proposed deal.

IMO, you can't deal him to NY or Philly unless they overpay.. which IMO would be a first round pick and another very good player..
First round pick and either Tuck or Umenyiora...

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Boldin to the Giants for OLB/DE Mathias Kiwanuka (or a 2nd round pick) and DT Jay Alford.

Your thoughts?

Kiwanuka is a good pass rusher...can play SOLB or WOLB. Alford is a good young tackle who also is the Giants' long snapper.

You sure do like those Boston College boys, huh?
:D

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
fwiw, Giants GM says he expects all 7 of his Starter Quality D-lineman to be with the team next season, but said they might not have too many picks in the draft..

Also, for a good laugh, Chiefs fans think they might get Boldin.. for a 3rd and a 4th.