Bonds Indicted

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Bonds should have relied on the "why isn't MM here" defense. He could have just told the truth. If he really did tell the truth, then the cost of the defense will be worth it.

True. But it still shows that there is a biased in who they will go after, ergo witch hunt.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
True. But it still shows that there is a biased in who they will go after, ergo witch hunt.
Nah. I am thinking Balco connections were what drove the grand jury testimony thing. If MM didn't have them, perhaps his testimony would have been irrelevant.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah. I am thinking Balco connections were what drove the grand jury testimony thing. If MM didn't have them, perhaps his testimony would have been irrelevant.

I think if Bonds wouldn't have broke the all time record, he wouldn't have been prosecuted.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They could have done the same thing to Mark McGuire. Witch hunt.

I don't think so. The only substance that was ever confirmed used by MM was andro which at the time could be found as an over the counter supplement available in every GNC and High Health store. I think it still is available. Bonds was accused of using illegal substances (which he later confirmed "unknowingly". So I think there is a big difference in the legality of the thing even if the end they are viewed as both have cheated the game.

I really think this is a case where the FEDS knew Barry got away with one with his buddy not testifying. So they were going to try and get him from another angle sooner or later. That happens all the time when crimes are committed. I don't think of this as much as a witch hunt as I do revenge charges from the FEDS. The fact that he now appears to have purged himself is allowing the feds to do what they couldn't do regarding the steroids. There has to be some new evidence out there. There is no way the feds are going to go after him and his high powered attorneys without additional evidence.

I think if Bonds wouldn't have broke the all time record, he wouldn't have been prosecuted.

They have been working this case against him since last season. There were rumors before the record breaking that charges were imminent and they were hoping to charge him before he broke the record.

Last edited:

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Does that prove that he "knew" what he was taking?

I don't know everything in Nyquil but I will still order, pay, have it delivered, use it. etc.

Just sayin.

I think you're looking to far into the whole thing.

Jason Giambi testified as well. But he didn't lie. He admitted to his use.

It's not about Barry's alledge use, it's about his lying. Not one count on the indictment is about use. It's about lying.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're looking to far into the whole thing.

Jason Giambi testified as well. But he didn't lie. He admitted to his use.

It's not about Barry's alledge use, it's about his lying. Not one count on the indictment is about use. It's about lying.

I'm not "looking into it." I posted myself that he was indicted for perjury. I said that I would think that it would be hard to prove that he "knowingly" took a steroid. You could always plead dumb. Do people not think that Barry is dumb?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I said that I would think that it would be hard to prove that he "knowingly" took a steroid. You could always plead dumb. Do people not think that Barry is dumb?
Nope, just a case of CYA. Same thing with McGwire.

The use of steroids could, I guess, be rationalized. Covering up cannot.