Boston Given Permission to seek Trade

AzWins23

Reaction score
Chargers | Boston Given Permission To Seek Trade - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:35:56 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the San Diego Chargers have given WR David Boston permission to seek a trade.
:bhiich:

Well i think that could mean Larry Fitz??

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a scary idea: Boston to the Vikes--Moss, Boston and Robinson would be durn hard to stop.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
D-bo is a franchise player, he would do himself a lot of good, if he would just stick to one year contracts from now on. Then, he could be a franchise player on every team in the NFL eventually.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SD Fitz
OAK M Williams

This means if someone wants Eli or Ben we have all the Cards.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vikesfan
SD Fitz
OAK M Williams

This means if someone wants Eli or Ben we have all the Cards.
Or, here's an idea, we could just draft one of them.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
D-bo is a franchise player, he would do himself a lot of good, if he would just stick to one year contracts from now on. Then, he could be a franchise player on every team in the NFL eventually.

This guy is so talented Physically its unreal. If he can get his head straight on and work on the mental side of the football maybe just maybe he can regain his old form.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
Or, here's an idea, we could just draft one of them.

We dont need one. We have one of the greatest QB's to ever go 1-3 in his only starts!

Stick with McCown, if that doesnt work, we can juat "...address the QB position later on down the road"

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by LVCARDFREAK
We dont need one. We have one of the greatest QB's to ever go 1-3 in his only starts!

Stick with McCown, if that doesnt work, we can juat "...address the QB position later on down the road"

1-2 unless I missed one:

17-20 vs Carolina @ home - Superbowl loser
14-28 vs Seattle away - must win game for Seahawks
18-17 vs Minny - the thrilling last second win that eliminated the Vikes from playoffs

Except for first pass (Int returned for a TD), Josh had an excellent game against the Panthers. Kicker missed 1 FG, Josh drove them down again for tying FG and Panthers scored on last possession to win it as time expired.

These were the only games that I know of that he had a full week to prepare for as the named starter.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by azdad1978
The Redskins?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by krepitch
:lmao:

Isn't it nice that now there's a team that, as an organization, is considered more stupid than the Cards??

:thumbup:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Boston Contract Details...

His 2004 salary is guaranteed and is due a 3m roster bonus at the end of the 2004 season...otherwise he has behavior clauses that could void the deal and as you can see, his salary is very reasonable for a T.O. type player until 2008.

2004 - 3.9m
2005 - 5.0m
2006 - 5.0m
2007 - 5.0m
2008 - 7.8m
2009 - 9.6m

The Cardinals were willing to pay him 7m/yr with virtually none guaranteed, here is the perfect way to get him for less than that!

18.9m with a 3m bonus = 21.9m for 4 years or 5.48m/yr. His cap figure would only be 750k/yr (if you wanted to cut/trade him).

edit - actually it would be 500k/yr, because you still count 2008 and 2009, even though it's unlikely he would finish the contract.

I hate to say it but with him in Denny's offense, along with Quan...Wow!

I hate his attitude and work ethic, just like I do Simeon Rice but I would still want Rice on our team today.

I would make the trade because of Dennis Green.

spanky1

Reaction score
Re: Boston Contract Details...

Originally posted by TheCardFan
His 2004 salary is guaranteed and is due a 3m roster bonus at the end of the 2004 season...otherwise he has behavior clauses that could void the deal and as you can see, his salary is very reasonable for a T.O. type player until 2008.

2004 - 3.9m
2005 - 5.0m
2006 - 5.0m
2007 - 5.0m
2008 - 7.8m
2009 - 9.6m

The Cardinals were willing to pay him 7m/yr with virtually none guaranteed, here is the perfect way to get him for less than that!

18.9m with a 3m bonus = 21.9m for 4 years or 5.48m/yr. His cap figure would only be 750k/yr (if you wanted to cut/trade him).

edit - actually it would be 500k/yr, because you still count 2008 and 2009, even though it's unlikely he would finish the contract.

I hate to say it but with him in Denny's offense, along with Quan...Wow!

I hate his attitude and work ethic, just like I do Simeon Rice but I would still want Rice on our team today.

I would make the trade because of Dennis Green.

Are you off your rocker......you want to get Boston back? I appreciate that Green has a way to manage problem/head cases......but he is way above and beyond what Green needs to handle......He makes Randy Moss look like a Saint.

I have never read such a ridiculous post in my life.....I'm sorry

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
You just want to wear your David Boston jersey don't you? :p But what about Nate Poole?!?

jolt

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Boston will be out of the NFL in 5 years and dead in 10. What an absolute waste of a human life he is. All the talent in the world, and all he wants to do is party, get high, and act surly to everyone around him.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Miami might take a run at Boston.Sullivan is the WR's coach there and he's has the best success with Boston.I could also see him in Dallas.Parcells had success with Keyshawn and Boston is from Humble,Texas.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Sorry,didn't see the Boston to Miami thread until now.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Graves keeps signing all these "belly" players,i figured this is a good representation of his vision of the Cards in 2006.

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
wholly cow cbus, that picture is just plain wrong.

boston will be a good pick up for anyone. he can play some serious ball.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Loyal Card 17
wholly cow cbus, that picture is just plain wrong.

boston will be a good pick up for anyone. he can play some serious ball.

He can play serious ball if his weight is down from 260 pounds from last year. Too much weight finally slows him down.

spanky1

Reaction score
Originally posted by SMAC
Apparently, the Chargers have talked to the Dolphins about Boston:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20040309-9999-1s9boston.html

This could be a big deal to the Cardinals if the Chargers choose to draft Fitzgerald number 1. Although, the entire Chargers front office went to Gallery's pro day at Iowa.

This was a concern of mine when I first read it, but with the depth at WR and SD's serious need for a OLT, I think they address the WR later than with the #1 pick.

I've said all along that he'd be gone from SD becuz Marty has never liked him and last year was the straw that broke the camel's back (his flare up with the Ass't Coach/Conditioning). If he could get Miami's 3rd round pick, it sure helps SD as they have SO many holes.

Talk about putting a gun to your head.....with Boston, ya never know when he'll flare up again.