Brad Miller breaks leg......

sunsfn

Reaction score
Updated: Mar. 12, 2005, 8:20 PM ET
Center gets hurt during practice
Associated Press

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento Kings center Brad Miller will be sidelined for at least a month after breaking his left leg during a light shooting drill Saturday.

[size=-2][/size][size=-1]Brad Miller[/size]
[size=-2]Center
Sacramento Kings
[/size]
You must be registered for see images attach
[size=-2]Profile
[/size]
[size=-2][/size]2004-2005 SEASON STATISTICS[size=-2]GM[/size][size=-2]PPG[/size][size=-2]RPG[/size][size=-2]APG[/size][size=-2]FG%[/size][size=-2]FT%[/size][size=-2]56[/size][size=-2]15.6[/size][size=-2]9.3[/size][size=-2]3.9[/size][size=-2].524[/size][size=-2].812[/size]

Miller, a two-time All-Star, missed Sacramento's last six games with a bruised calf. He was expected to return for Sunday's game against Houston -- but in the latest bizarre injury in a long franchise history for the Kings, Miller broke his left fibula during a non-contact drill.

The bone will heal in four to six weeks, according to team doctors, and Miller should be able to ride a stationary bike in 10 days. But the playoffs begin in six weeks, and the Kings aren't sure whether he'll be ready.

Miller is averaging 15.6 points, 9.3 rebounds and 3.9 assists in his second season with the Kings, who acquired him in a trade with Indiana. His emergence as an elite passer and rebounder encouraged the Kings' decision to trade Chris Webber to the Philadelphia 76ers two weeks ago.

Sacramento has been plagued by injuries during six consecutive winning seasons, and this winter has been no exception. Every key player on Sacramento's roster has missed at least one game with an injury.

The Kings already lost guard Bobby Jackson for the rest of the regular season when he underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left wrist in early January. Peja Stojakovic, the NBA's second-leading scorer last season, has been sidelined or ineffective since straining his hamstring last month, while Cuttino Mobley missed two recent games with a strained lower back.

-

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Kings have to be devastated by this. He's one of the main guys. :(

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If that happened during a light shooting drill, I'd hate to see their full speed practices! :eek:

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
bleedingblueandsilver said:
Wow, the kings are cursed.

As much as I hate CWebb, if a team trades their best player for role players, they deserve to get some bad luck.

Speaking of which, I am amazed that the Toronto franchise didn't just implode the same day they traded Carter for absolute garbage.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
If Miller is out six weeks, I have a new "preferred opponent" for the Suns in the first round... :D

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
F-Dog said:
If Miller is out six weeks, I have a new "preferred opponent" for the Suns in the first round... :D

The Kings have a 5 1/2 game lead on the 8th place Lakers with 18 games left to play.

When it comes to "game playing", it might be very relevant that the Suns play the Kings twice in the last three games of the season. I can imagine a scenerio where the Suns might "rest" their starters in order to get a matchup with the Kings.

jibikao

Reaction score
Kings' players really need to know how to protect themselves. They've been suffering injuries after injuries. They need to get players that rarely get injured. I mean if Brad is out 4-6 weeks, that means there is a chance that Kings may drop to #6 or #7 because Rocket is freaking hot now and Griz seems to be able to catch up the Kings.

So, if my predication is correct.. Kings's first playoff match is Spurs!! lol