*Breaking News* Warner to start vs. Falcons

OP
OP
AzWins23

AzWins23

Reaction score
Cardinals | Warner to start Week 4
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:02:39 -0700

Updating an ongoing story, ESPNews reports the Arizona Cardinals will start QB Kurt Warner at quarterback in Week 4. Earlier this week, there was speculation that Warner would be benched in favor of rookie QB Matt Leinart.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To paraphrase for those who are linky challenged -

Mortensen is reporting that one of those famous "sources close to the team" has indicated that the Cards have "had a change of heart" and will will go with KW.

The source also said that, after sleeping on the matter, the Cards didn't want to put too much pressure on Leinart right now, but would continue to monitor the situation and still could make a change later on this season.

DG is expected to have more to say about this tomorrow.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
sounds like Mort is pulling info out of his ass.

not in those words...but.....over the past two years the train has pulled out of the statiion by the time mort gets there....he is not on the A list anymore for information.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I heard the news reported during MNF I instantly thought to myself that this was bogus information.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I went and relistened to what Mort said, and basically he said, "my sources close to the Cards have told me that no decision has been made on a starter this week, and I am taking that to mean that Leinart will start. So we are going to go ahead and report that Leinart will start this week at Atlanta." So I think he jumped the gun big time and instead of just admitting it, he is claiming the whole team changed thier mind overnight.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
When I heard the news reported during MNF I instantly thought to myself that this was bogus information.

I felt the same way, and said I thought that it would be a desperate act to replace a healthy Warner this week. If he lays another Egg Sunday, he has to be removed but then Leinart would be at a home game. If Kurt steps up and we have a good game. He keeps playing. It is put up or shut up time for Kurt Warner.

Slacker

Rookie
Reaction score
Pretty simple. They watched the MNF game and realized that Atlanta wasn't all that and after talking it over they feel the team isn't ready for ML yet. Oh well, when the team is ready for a winner then I will be happy. Until then we will have mr stinky.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow Green isn't a total idiot, thats nice to know. Beginning to think our coach has no clue about anything anymore.

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
This debate has been pretty intense all week. But we're aren't the first team to have a good QB contraversy. It's pretty cool that we have someone waiting in the wings that is worthy of this ...... finally.