Breaston?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has been invisible last two weeks. Had another false start. Ran a freaking 3.5 yard route on a critical 3rd down play when we needed 5 :bang:

You've been great for the most part but please pull your head out.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Has been invisible last two weeks. Had another false start. Ran a freaking 3.5 yard route on a critical 3rd down play when we needed 5 :bang:

You've been great forbthe most part but please pull your head out.

Not to mention his suckiness in punt returns... He fair catches when nobody is around him, and doesn't fair catch when he is surrounded by defenders.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He sucks. What a bust. Cut him and let LSH play WR and take over punt return duties.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He sucks. What a bust. Cut him and let LSH play WR and take over punt return duties.

Damn you're harsh aj! No need to be so rash dude... he did have a great season last year and have played hurt most of this season. Cut the guy some slack man. He's earned it don't ya think? :doi:

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:lmao:

I will say that when you run a 3.5 yard route when you need 5 yards on a critical 3rd down that would ice the game if converted is completely unacceptable!

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score

I will say that when you run a 3.5 yard route when you need 5 yards on a critical 3rd down that would ice the game if converted is completely unacceptable!

For one of the big three he is certainly not pulling his weight, also his punt returns are really really crappy to watch, I would say more often than not he loses yards and fair catches as really inappropriate times.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

wasn't that the next to the last series we had Shane?

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Damn you're harsh aj! No need to be so rash dude... he did have a great season last year and have played hurt most of this season. Cut the guy some slack man. He's earned it don't ya think? :doi:

He's being facetious.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
He was wide open by 3 yards down the sideline on one play yesterday and Leinart threw to Fitz instead in the middle...it would have been an easy TD too. We got a FG on that drive.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
His knee is really flaring up worse and worse and will probably need surgery after the season...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
there was a play in the 1st half where Leinart threw deep to Breaston. I happened to be watching him and for some reason Breaston did some kind of stutter step,or something, and the ball was overthrown. If he would have just ran through the ball it would have been a TD. Some Titans next to me saw the same thing. I don't know if he let up or what but it was all on him.

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
His knee is really flaring up worse and worse and will probably need surgery after the season...

It is really a shame that Urban has been injured also. With Urbans injury, Steve still needs to split time with the struggling Doucet. If Breaston had some time off, the Cardinals training staff would have some time to rebuild him.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It is really a shame that Urban has been injured also. With Urbans injury, Steve still needs to split time with the struggling Doucet. If Breaston had some time off, the Cardinals training staff would have some time to rebuild him.

Urban hasn't been injured he's just been benched. Doucet has passed him on the depth chart.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there was a play in the 1st half where Leinart threw deep to Breaston. I happened to be watching him and for some reason Breaston did some kind of stutter step,or something, and the ball was overthrown. If he would have just ran through the ball it would have been a TD. Some Titans next to me saw the same thing. I don't know if he let up or what but it was all on him.
Yep. We watched it on replay a couple of times & said the same thing. Why he let up for a step or two is a mystery. Ball went where it/he was supposed to be.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Breaston is avg. a very paltry 6.4 yards per punt retun; I think Gabe Watson could do that...

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I know exactly what is wrong with Breaston.

Our running game is working.

You can only call so many plays in the game. With more running success and more 2 TE sets, Breaston is seeing the field less and less.

If that makes him less of a reciever than you are nutz. Calling him out cause he is not on the field is ridiculous.

The guy can play, and makes huge play after huge play for us.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Yep. We watched it on replay a couple of times & said the same thing. Why he let up for a step or two is a mystery. Ball went where it/he was supposed to be.

It might have something to do with the QB he has been working with his entire career being told he cannot play 90 minutes before kickoff.

Unless timing has nothing to do with the passing game, I dunno.

If we are looking for players to call out why not Chike Okeafor and his 5 million dollar contract.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I am only calling him out for the punt returns--or more accurately--the lack of punt returns.

I dont understand why Whis doesn't have the Hyphen pulling KR and PR duties...

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You can only call so many plays in the game. With more running success and more 2 TE sets, Breaston is seeing the field less and less.

If that makes him less of a reciever than you are nutz. Calling him out cause he is not on the field is ridiculous.

I don't think anyone here has said anything about how much he's been on the field. It's what he's NOT doing when on the field. I LOVE Breaston, but his game has been off lately; there's no denying that. I wasn't really calling him out, either...just more of a comment.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Nobody is calling him out.Just trying to figure out his lack of production the last couple of games. In typical ASFN fashion, he'll have a monster game this week. Whoever we question usually has a big day.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet his knee has been flaring up pretty badly, he just hasn't looked like the same old streakin' lately.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet his knee has been flaring up pretty badly, he just hasn't looked like the same old streakin' lately.
His knee is definitely a factor. It sucks having your bye week so early in the schedule. Breaston has really slumped as of late, but he's clutch. I expect him to contribute against the Vikings & Niners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05