Brennaman to Cincy?

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I like Brennaman. :( Oh well, whoever else comes i'll probably get used to.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if the organization doesn't mind him leaving. This goes right along with them changing most major things in the organization.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Thom fan, but he is a lot better than a lot of other broadcasters. I don't think the Dbacks will be able to find anybody better than him.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Thom stays. The way he was talking yesterday makes me think that way. If he does leave, bring back Traber! Just kidding.:D

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Thom stays. The way he was talking yesterday makes me think that way. If he does leave, bring back Traber! Just kidding.:D
Makes sense to me. If Thom was as close to leaving as the article indicates, they would have had a special goodbye for him too since they were saying bye to everybody else yesterday (including behind the scenes guys like Dozer).

HooverDam

Reaction score
Im feeling a little lost, why don't people like Thom? I think its great, he's no Al McCoy, but he's pretty damned good.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take Jimmy T over Steve Lyons any day. If Lyons is "commentating," then I have the tv on mute. I'm so glad we didn't keep that guy.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'll take Jimmy T over Steve Lyons any day. If Lyons is "commentating," then I have the tv on mute. I'm so glad we didn't keep that guy.
Those guys are color commentators, not play-by-play like Brennaman. Unless Gracie takes the vacant job of Batting Coach, TV color is not an open position.

Regarding the TV play-by-play job, I repeat what I felt when the rumor of Thom moving to Cincinnati originally surfaced.

Greg Schulte is a good guy and has overcome alot in his life (cancer), but is not a TV "voice" or personality. And as he gets older, he mis-calls alot of plays or waits til they're over to call them at all -- on radio.

Jeff Munn (who has been the backup radio guy to the Guv'ner) could be the next Vin Scully in style and personality. And, for a young guy who began as the Suns courtside announcer, he has an amazing knowledge of baseball history.

Did you see on Sunday when he came in second to Josh Brynes in the celebrity trivia contest (which went back to 1951 in knowledge). Munn finished one point behind the GM (who previously worked for the Red Sox and has an extensive background as a baseball exec).

Jeff Munn for TV voice of the Diamondbacks. :thumbup:

HooverDam

Reaction score
^Jeff Munn is the red headed fellow, right?

EDIT: ******- that was my 1000th post on ASFN

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
^Jeff Munn is the red headed fellow, right?
Yup!

During Sunday's game, he was sitting, not in the radio booth, but right behind Thom Brennaman in the TV booth with a headset on. I hope that had a purpose, such as familiarizing him with the TV procedures.

Jeff Munn has done every Friday and Saturday radio (play-by-play) game all season, and some others as well.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never liked him. Now he can yuck it up with his dad, on the air, during the game, without dbax' fans having to listen to it.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
So who should be the new voice of the Diamondbacks? I think its a tough call whether to look for some solid minor league talent or bring in a big name proven broadcaster.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jeff Munn would be much better. I couldn't stand Thom's Frat Boy BS. Nepotism at it's finest here.

dbUNIT16

Registered
Reaction score
Are you joking? I'd rather listen to Thom than Jeff the robot who has absolutely no personality. Thom is Fox's number two play-by-play man.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan