Bryan Robinson - Former Card Dies

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Former Arizona Cardinals player Bryan Robinson was found dead in a Milwaukee motel room late Saturday.

Robinson was 41. He was found in a room at the Midpoint Motel on W. Appleton Ave. on the city's northwest side. The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office said they're investigating it as a "sudden death," but there were no obvious signs of trauma or foul play.

The defensive lineman spent six season with the Bears, from 1998-2003. He also had stints with the St. Louis Rams, Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals, and was a part of the Arizona Cardinals' Super Bowl team in 2010.

The Chicago Tribune's Bears reporter, Brad Biggs, notes Robinson is perhaps best remembered for the "Walter Payton game" in November of 1999, when Robinson blocked Green Bay Packers kicker Ryan Longwell's field goal attempt to win the game, snapping a 10-game losing streak to the Packers.

Autopsy and toxicology reports for Robinson are pending.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP

Unfortunately, a football player dying in their 40's doesn't seem to be abnormal.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It actually is.

Read a recent report showing their lifespan is above the American norm.

http://archive.boston.com/lifestyle...and-illness/aCGnf96h7ptWX2Lnp5MIiP/story.html

The National Football League players union, alarmed that its members die nearly 20 years earlier on average than other American men, has selected Harvard University to oversee a $100 million accelerated research initiative aimed at treating and ultimately preventing the broad-ranging health problems plaguing the athletes.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
http://archive.boston.com/lifestyle...and-illness/aCGnf96h7ptWX2Lnp5MIiP/story.html

The National Football League players union, alarmed that its members die nearly 20 years earlier on average than other American men, has selected Harvard University to oversee a $100 million accelerated research initiative aimed at treating and ultimately preventing the broad-ranging health problems plaguing the athletes.

There have been a lot of reports of 40ish athletes dying in the past week or so, IIRC, many with ties to Arizona. :cry:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

http://www.slate.com/articles/sport...olence_rates_could_pro_football_actually.html

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not that I knock this study because it is important but when you consistently slam your body against the body of another person, some between the weights of 250 and 350lbs, not to mention having multiple people of that size falling on top of you 20 or so times a game, you don't need a PHD to figure out that this can't be good for the body in the long term. It's like boxing. You can't take multiple punches to the head for several years and not expect long term damage. Football is a violent sport and the only way to prevent long term damage is to simply ban the sport. I don't know of anyone who would be in favor of that.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not that I knock this study because it is important but when you consistently slam your body against the body of another person, some between the weights of 250 and 350lbs, not to mention having multiple people of that size falling on top of you 20 or so times a game, you don't need a PHD to figure out that this can't be good for the body in the long term. It's like boxing. You can't take multiple punches to the head for several years and not expect long term damage. Football is a violent sport and the only way to prevent long term damage is to simply ban the sport. I don't know of anyone who would be in favor of that.

Really?

There is no shortage of people to suggest precisely that.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I really liked Bryan Robinson...lunch pail guy, with a solid work ethic. I'll never forget that video of him welcoming Dumpster Dan, after he was drafted and signed...he let Dan know that he was just holding a spot for him (Dan) to takeover...and he was a willing and professional mentor.

RIP BRob!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I really liked Bryan Robinson...lunch pail guy, with a solid work ethic. I'll never forget that video of him welcoming Dumpster Dan, after he was drafted and signed...he let Dan know that he was just holding a spot for him (Dan) to takeover...and he was a willing and professional mentor.

RIP BRob!

This

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not talking about fleebs who don't like any competition at all. I'm talking about football people.

Soccer isn't competitive?

There are many very competitive sports enjoyed by the masses other than football.

Enjoy it, as I do - but the mother's of America will have the final say.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Soccer isn't competitive?

There are many very competitive sports enjoyed by the masses other than football.

Enjoy it, as I do - but the mother's of America will have the final say.

Nope! $$$ will have the final say