Burleson Predicts Victory Over CARDINALS

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
OOOOHHH BOY!!!!

Love it.

Nate "Poison Pill" Burleson predicts a victory !

What? Are the Seahawks going to hope the Cardinals forget how to get to UoP Stadium ?

Cause that is the only way the Cardinals lose this game.

I would be scared --------------- if I were the Seahawks. The Chicago game was great and all. Got the Cardinals back on track.

I would be Jekyl and Hyde surprised if the Cardinals not only showed up for the game this week, but did so with a very very big chip on their shoulder.

Am I the only one that noticed that much of the Bear's post game quotes had "......and go home and beat Seattle" somewhere in them.

As far as the Cardinals are concerned this game is very very critical to their season.

I expect the Seahawks to have an extremely long day in AZ.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I don't know if I can ever be super confident for a Cards win again. The Panthers game put a bunch of us on our asses. Week in and week out I'm nervous going into any game. The Cards need to figure out how to win at home before I lose the butterflies before kickoff. I hope you guys are right...

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
While I believe Cards will take care of business at home this week and will be highly motivated for it... there are NEVER any sure bets with this Cards team. You never know which team will show up on Sunday. Very inconsistent.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cards take back the Nest this week!!!!
:yeahthat:

The crowd should be chanting "Take Back The Nest!" right before kickoff.

Nate Burleson is only saying what any competitor worth a damn should be saying. The Seahawks should be saying that they are going to win and our guys should be getting ready to tear them apart.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know if I can ever be super confident for a Cards win again. The Panthers game put a bunch of us on our asses. Week in and week out I'm nervous going into any game. The Cards need to figure out how to win at home before I lose the butterflies before kickoff. I hope you guys are right...

I am with you on this. I will be nervous as hell before the game starts. I wasn't even relaxed at halftime of the Bears game. Too many years of being a fan of this team. I am emotionally scarred.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
:yeahthat:

The crowd should be chanting "Take Back The Nest!" right before kickoff.

Nate Burleson is only saying what any competitor worth a damn should be saying. The Seahawks should be saying that they are going to win and our guys should be getting ready to tear them apart.

I fully agree with your post but I don't think it wise to let it out of the lockeroom.You say it amoungst yourselves as a team.You don't go playing the Joey Porter role in this division rivalry.This guy could get hurt.At least Joey gets to deliver the punnishment and he's hardly ever right anyway.

Coaches even tell their players NOT to do what Nate did here.So I dissagree in his methods.The CARDINALS almost NEED stuff like this.:DTo get up for a team they held to 15 yards rushing before they got rid of Edge.

Hasselback must be taking a new protein drink for him to be this confident.:D

Reaction score
Not that you guys care, but there is context to what he said - he actually led in with:
"Listen, I don't want to give anybody any bulletin board material, but I do believe it was Herman Edwards [who said] we play to win the game. Period,"
He basically was saying that they need to get on the plane with the attitude that they will go down there and get the win or what is the point in going at all.

I do think the Hawks are a better team than the one you guys spanked a few weeks ago - how MUCH better is another story all together - I do find it interesting that the Cards seem to be playing better on the road than at home, so it could be an interesting game.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
A cocky bunch those Seahawks. It's time for serious beatdown.

Release the hounds!!!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Not that you guys care, but there is context to what he said - he actually led in with:
"Listen, I don't want to give anybody any bulletin board material, but I do believe it was Herman Edwards [who said] we play to win the game. Period,"
He basically was saying that they need to get on the plane with the attitude that they will go down there and get the win or what is the point in going at all.

I do think the Hawks are a better team than the one you guys spanked a few weeks ago - how MUCH better is another story all together - I do find it interesting that the Cards seem to be playing better on the road than at home, so it could be an interesting game.

Buzzkill. :mulli:

:D

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score

Hey - please don't confuse us with facts.

This thread was on a roll

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
The pass defense (or lack thereof) that we saw last Sunday still scares me. If it had not been for the late interception, we could well have blown another big lead.

seesred

Reaction score
Let's get the "Take back the nest" starter early and often. I like that idea!

We need the win this week end. Anything less is unexceptable!

GBR

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Welcome!! Chrome-seahawk...

Every year has "pivot" games and that's what this one is. ...And having been a Cards' fan for 42+ years I've learned the hard-way about the predictability of ANY football game. Even as I was watching the Bears' game I'm thinking...KEEP SCORING...KEEP SCORING... While #'s can look BIG on the TV screen, players on the side-lines do the math and say, Hey, we score 3x's and we're ahead by 1. Sundays' game has ALOT at stake. Should be a battle royale. Take Care! Mark :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Why would you think the Seahawks are a better team than the one we spanked a few weeks back? They won a nail-biter at home against Detroit. Without a rookie QB making horrible decisions, the Lions outplayed you guys. The fact that we're 1-3 at home is not going to help Seattle. Whiz is putting a huge priority on a home win. Having a divisional rival up next only adds to the emphasis on THIS game. I have been a Cardinal fan for a very long time, so I am far from cocky in my predictions. The Seahawks better come ready, because they will get everything that we have. If I were a betting man, I would take the Cardinals and lay the points.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Without a rookie QB making horrible decisions, the Lions outplayed you guys.

no they didn't

seattle spotted them a 17-0 nothing lead when they came out a little overconfident and handed them the ball 3 times in scoring position .... they then outscored them 32-3

it wasn't pretty, but don't pretend that seattle at a decent level and it was merely detroit mistakes that made the game competative

seattle made their full share of mistakes and boneheaded plays

i think this is the cards game to lose, but i have no problems with what nate said .... the team needs to have that attitude when they get on the plane ... not to play hard, not to keep it close, but you go there to win

what kind of attitude do you think the cards are carrying this year when they've done so well on the road? - i'm sure it isn't a just glad to be there vibe

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
and just as another bit of context seattle is going up on a pretty long road stretch and that is in part how the question is framed

kind of like:

'you lost to dallas on the road and didn't look good, came out flat against detroit and now play 4 of the next 5 on the road including trips to AZ & MN .... seasons pretty much over, right?!'

i wouldn't expect him or anyone else to say anything different - they plan on winning those 4 out of 5 on the road and the home game to boot ..... just to bad things don't always work as planned

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
After the Carolina game I really don't see how any Cards fan can be cocky and just think we'll go in and spank the Hawks. Hoping we will is fine but to think we got it in the bag is just plain dumb. These Cards STILL play to their competition, until they string together a season without the bi-polar effect I am not going in with any other attitude than I hope we win.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
this gives mr wilson reason for a fine-incurring hit, yes?
Unfortunately A-Dub has not proven that he can cover a TE let alone a WR this season. How can he get in position to make a big hit on one???

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I dont blame him for that prediction. One of the things the Seahawks have working in their favor is the fact that we seem to have forgotten the concept of "home field advantage." A team that is 3-5 now (Carolina) came in and made us look like fools. Seattle is 3-5 AND a division opponent, with vengence on their mind. They won't lay down like in week 6.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser