Burleson Predicts Victory Over CARDINALS

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Osprey, Welcome-------Sunday's game in the nest should be a good one. You guys need a win, and our guys will be focused on a division rival game with a lot of meaning. This one could be a barn burner!!!!! I am really ready for this one!!!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no they didn't

seattle spotted them a 17-0 nothing lead when they came out a little overconfident and handed them the ball 3 times in scoring position .... they then outscored them 32-3

it wasn't pretty, but don't pretend that seattle at a decent level and it was merely detroit mistakes that made the game competative

seattle made their full share of mistakes and boneheaded plays

i think this is the cards game to lose, but i have no problems with what nate said .... the team needs to have that attitude when they get on the plane ... not to play hard, not to keep it close, but you go there to win

what kind of attitude do you think the cards are carrying this year when they've done so well on the road? - i'm sure it isn't a just glad to be there vibe

It makes no difference that Detroit jumped out to a 17-0 lead. It's not like the Seahawks came storming back & took control of this game. Hasselbeck was my fantasy QB this week, so I was extremely frustrated that they had to settle for 4 short FG's against a horrible defense. Bottom line, the Seahags were only up by 5 very late in this game. I wanted TD passes from Hasselbeck & came away very unimpressed.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what a moron lol why would anyone do this in the nfl... every nfl team has talent just stupid to guarntee victory especialy when the team your playing is better than yours on paper. I hope Adrian Wilson knocks Burelson on his you know what :). Also if we keep pounding Beanie we will take this one. LETS GO CARDINALS MAKE BURELSON LOOK LIKE A MORON

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
what Burelson said doesn't bother me in the least.

What did you expect him to say? "We are now just playing out the string, and we have no hope in Arizona?"

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
It makes no difference that Detroit jumped out to a 17-0 lead. It's not like the Seahawks came storming back & took control of this game. Hasselbeck was my fantasy QB this week, so I was extremely frustrated that they had to settle for 4 short FG's against a horrible defense. Bottom line, the Seahags were only up by 5 very late in this game. I wanted TD passes from Hasselbeck & came away very unimpressed.

heh, he completed nearly 40 passes ... sorry he couldn't get any into the endzone for you

fantasy =/= reality

i was disapointed they weren't able to convert more into TDs ... but I picked up mare as a bye week replacement, so I wasn't too upset given that they were still able to secure a victory :D

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
It's just talk. He thinks they will win. A complete non-story.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I do think the Hawks are a better team than the one you guys spanked a few weeks ago - how MUCH better is another story all together - I do find it interesting that the Cards seem to be playing better on the road than at home, so it could be an interesting game.
While anything happen especially the way we have been struggling at home, how is the Hawks team better??? They were coming off blowing off Jags at home when we played. Now they are coming off barely beating the Lions by late heroics of Hasselbeck.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cautionary Memo to Every Cardinal Player...

Just keep on grinding.

Don't let Burleson distract you. To quote Rutgers coach Greg Schiano - "Just keep chopping wood." Concentrate on what you need to do to win Sunday's game (playbook, assignments, intensity, discipline, techniques).

First win the game; then you can think about serving up a large platter of crow to the overly-vocal Hawk.

But until then, keep choppin'.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Just keep on grinding.

Don't let Burleson distract you. To quote Rutgers coach Greg Schiano - "Just keep chopping wood." Concentrate on what you need to do to win Sunday's game (playbook, assignments, intensity, discipline, techniques).

First win the game; then you can think about serving up a large platter of crow to the overly-vocal Hawk.

But until then, keep choppin'.

Just another thing Schiano tries to rip off from the state of Florida

I think it was Jack Del Rio who brought that phrase most famously to football, going as far to bring in a block of wood and an axe where people could take hacks ..... until one of his players got injured with said axe...........

dopes :D

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Just another thing Schiano tries to rip off from the state of Florida

I think it was Jack Del Rio who brought that phrase most famously to football, going as far to bring in a block of wood and an axe where people could take hacks ..... until one of his players got injured with said axe...........

dopes :D

:biglaugh: Lets hope not this Sunday!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's just talk. He thinks they will win. A complete non-story.

It's a story when he says it about a team that is well known to take these sorts of slams as motivation. it's a story, and he's idiot for saying it.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
what a moron lol why would anyone do this in the nfl... every nfl team has talent just stupid to guarntee victory especialy when the team your playing is better than yours on paper. I hope Adrian Wilson knocks Burelson on his you know what :). Also if we keep pounding Beanie we will take this one. LETS GO CARDINALS MAKE BURELSON LOOK LIKE A MORON
He is not a moron... read it again and watch the clip on Sando's blog.

He is saying what you would want every professional athlete to say. Even if a team is 1-14, you expect that players would come out to try to win that last game, if only for pride.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Burleson must of forgot that Jim Mora Junior is still coaching the Seahawks!
What a fool!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
It's a story when he says it about a team that is well known to take these sorts of slams as motivation. it's a story, and he's idiot for saying it.

re-read the quote again ... he wasn't saying anything about any one team

if you notice he mentioned "teams" .... in reference to the 4 of 5 on the road

the question:

"when are you going to win on the road" - "the next 3 are on the road"

the answer:

"we are going on the road and we're going to win" - "i'm not taking anything away from the teams we we are going to play, but we have to get on the plane with the mindset we are going to win"

how dare he.............

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Motivation? The Cards need motivation from him to win a game? He expects to win the game, what would you expect him to say? Maybe more of the Seahawks need that mindset to have a chance to win the game (which I hope they don't)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
If the Cards win, the Hawks season is done. If the Hawks win, they are still alive.

That's all the motivation either team needs.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's motivating Dockett

"I'm going to bed I got someone to chase tomorrow! And I got word someone made a guarantee on a win!SMH I'm just speechless "GOODNIGH""

www.twitter.com/ddockett

LOL, Dockett's quote on the way home from the Bears game.

"Ok on the plane back to AZ thanks chicago for having us we enjoyed our visit, allowing us to put our feet all over yall couch. Thank u BYE!"

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Great job Burleson!!

Nice catches out there.......OR NOT!!

That's the way to walk the walk.....:biglaugh:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
for the cardinals maybe gj jinxing your team Burealson do it again next year also :)!!!! GO CARDS HUGE HUGE WIN