Calling my shot...believe it or not

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the exact kind of game we win...the ones we have no business being in at all.

d-dogg, I've seen you say this a number of times but when was the last time we won a game against a team of this caliber? A team that was beating everyone by an average margin of 24 ppg? We haven't. Hell, maybe you coudl stretch and go back to 2001 - Eagles/Raiders or 2003 against the Packers but in the DG-era, we haven't even beaten a team with a winning record - much less played and won a game we had no business being in at all.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
d-dogg, I've seen you say this a number of times but when was the last time we won a game against a team of this caliber? A team that was beating everyone by an average margin of 24 ppg? We haven't. Hell, maybe you coudl stretch and go back to 2001 - Eagles/Raiders or 2003 against the Packers but in the DG-era, we haven't even beaten a team with a winning record - much less played and won a game we had no business being in at all.

Yup. I have never done it before but I am seriously considering going down and betting some money on this one. We are going to get throttled.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. I have never done it before but I am seriously considering going down and betting some money on this one. We are going to get throttled.

i wouldn't do it Shane - I don't think we'll win, but a 10.5 spread for a home dog on MNF isn't a good bet.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't do it Shane - I don't think we'll win, but a 10.5 spread for a home dog on MNF isn't a good bet.

It is when your the Cards :D Playing a team of this caliber missing one of you major offensive pieces and an OL as bad as ours.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Packers is the most recent that comes to mind. Vikings and knocking them out of the playoffs in a fluke is another.

I'm not buying the point differential for Chi either, beating bad teams at home (or without their best player) and doing just ok on the road.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Packers is the most recent that comes to mind. Vikings and knocking them out of the playoffs in a fluke is another.

I'm not buying the point differential for Chi either, beating bad teams at home (or without their best player) and doing just ok on the road.

weren't the Vikings in the midst of losing 6 of 7 games heading into that season? I don't think that game was all that shocking - we had established all year long in 2003 (save the Seahawks game) that we were ultra-competitive at home and horrific on the road.

as far as not buying the point differential - what's there to buy? They're doing just "okay" on the road - they beat one team who is 3-1 outside of playing Chicago and won 26-0 against a Packer-like Cardinal team. Basically, they've won against a playoff contender and crushed a bad team - what more do you want from a team on the road? I think you're fooling yourself if you think the Bears aren't very good - regardless if teams are bad or not, you still have to have you stuff to gether to be continually CRUSHING teams. And considering that us and the Packers are mirror images of each other (one unimpressive win, two close losses that "could have been wins" and two ass kickings), I see no reason to believe our fate will be any different than theirs - a loss.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're fooling yourself if you think the Bears aren't very good

Never said they weren't good. But this 16-0 talk is faaaaaar too early and completely overhyping a pretty good team who really haven't had much of a test yet, and play extremely well at home.

The Bears are the 3rd best defense in the league. The Chiefs are the 4th best defense in the league. Chiefs 4th best passing defense, Bears 5th best passing defense. Chiefs rushing defense isn't top fifteen, and the Bears is 6th.

We handled the Chiefs well, and our 27th ranked defense let a monster play go late in the game, yet we still had a shot to send it to OT.

Chicago has a better offense than the Chiefs thus far, but I personally find it a mirage. Last year we had a top 10 offense and defense, and what did that get us?

You can be afraid of the big bad Bears all you want, but I am not buying the hype machine and all the talk and comparisons to the 85 bears is completely overblown. Combine that with overblown talk about how bad this team sucks and it isn't farfetched to see the Cards leave the field with a win. At the very least, they won't get blown out by 20 points blah blah blah. They'll also cover the spread; I wouldn't touch that bet with a million of your dollars.

We will work the underneath stuff all night long and use the Bears aggressiveness against them. Too bad Fitz won't play because we could really use him. But I stand by my original call (which was made last Sunday).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never said they weren't good. But this 16-0 talk is faaaaaar too early and completely overhyping a pretty good team who really haven't had much of a test yet, and play extremely well at home.

The Bears are the 3rd best defense in the league. The Chiefs are the 4th best defense in the league. Chiefs 4th best passing defense, Bears 5th best passing defense. Chiefs rushing defense isn't top fifteen, and the Bears is 6th.

We handled the Chiefs well, and our 27th ranked defense let a monster play go late in the game, yet we still had a shot to send it to OT.

Chicago has a better offense than the Chiefs thus far, but I personally find it a mirage. Last year we had a top 10 offense and defense, and what did that get us?

I think the top 10 defense and offense on the Cards part last year was a mirage considering our ppg and points given up. Not sure how averaging 31 points and giving up 7 somehow means the Bears D is a mirage.

You can be afraid of the big bad Bears all you want, but I am not buying the hype machine and all the talk and comparisons to the 85 bears is completely overblown. Combine that with overblown talk about how bad this team sucks and it isn't farfetched to see the Cards leave the field with a win. At the very least, they won't get blown out by 20 points blah blah blah. They'll also cover the spread; I wouldn't touch that bet with a million of your dollars.

Uh, D-dogg, I've already said I agree about the spread, but for some reason it seems like you're trying to pick a fight here with talk of people "being afraid of the big bad Bears" as if the Cardinals were a good team and those expecting a loss are getting swept away by the media. I've seen the Bears play multiple times and I've seen the Cardinals play, multiple times and there's nothing that I've seen from the Cardinals that leads me to believe, especially without Fitz, that our O-line will be able to keep the most ferocious pass rush off Leinart and I've seen our defense get burned by the big play time and time again this year. So it's not a matter of being "afraid" - it's a matter of being REALISTIC.

We will work the underneath stuff all night long and use the Bears aggressiveness against them.

not sure why you believe this - when has this coaching staff EVER actually shown the ability to exploit a weakness - or use a strength of a team against it? Never.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shane, please do this.

Listen, I think you are a great father, public servant, and Cards fan - but you are a horrible gambler. Section 11 owned you on the turnover bet in 2004 and you are with me in the cellar in your fantasy money league.

If you place a bet on this game, even if it is only $10, this will either ensure a Cards victory or at least mean a close game where the Bears don't cover. :D

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Alas poor D! You are a glutton! We will lose and lose big on our national spotlight! You better get ready. Its gonna happen. I wish it wouldnt because it will make me sick and Im travelling 300 miles to see it. But it is!

No it's not.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone please tell when was the last time we were throttled at home, especially after the McGinnis debacle. With Leinart running this offense, no one will come into our house & throttle us again. Give Leinart the rest of this year & throttling us on the road will also become a thing of the past. Leinart is THE best QB to come out of college EVER. It took Peyton Manning 2-3 years before he was where Leinart is today. He was a couple of dropped passes from throwing for 3 tds & over 325 yds. in his 1st start!!! And that against a team that threw a shutout the week before. Once this kid gets a W under his belt, watch out. NO ONE & I mean no one gives the Cardinals a chance to even beat the spread. Why?? Because Chicago has beaten up on some $hitty teams - Buffalo, Detroit, Green Bay. They barely MN in a game of FG's. The only legit win was against Seattle & again, that was at home. If they play Seattle again, Seattle will return the favor. The Bears offense will struggle mightily come Monday night & Leinart will frustrate the Bears D. He will use their strengths against them & make them look foolish in the process. Cardinal fans - DO NOT miss this game. Leinart's march to the HOF starts Monday Night.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone please tell when was the last time we were throttled at home, especially after the McGinnis debacle. With Leinart running this offense, no one will come into our house & throttle us again. Give Leinart the rest of this year & throttling us on the road will also become a thing of the past. Leinart is THE best QB to come out of college EVER. It took Peyton Manning 2-3 years before he was where Leinart is today. He was a couple of dropped passes from throwing for 3 tds & over 325 yds. in his 1st start!!! And that against a team that threw a shutout the week before. Once this kid gets a W under his belt, watch out. NO ONE & I mean no one gives the Cardinals a chance to even beat the spread. Why?? Because Chicago has beaten up on some $hitty teams - Buffalo, Detroit, Green Bay. They barely MN in a game of FG's. The only legit win was against Seattle & again, that was at home. If they play Seattle again, Seattle will return the favor. The Bears offense will struggle mightily come Monday night & Leinart will frustrate the Bears D. He will use their strengths against them & make them look foolish in the process. Cardinal fans - DO NOT miss this game. Leinart's march to the HOF starts Monday Night.

Boy you are really drinking some Kool-Aid

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you are drinking a bunch of haterade, so it evens out :)

Im not hating. Hes just expecting an awful lot from Leinart in his 2nd game against this D. KC is no Chicago. Not even close. I put money on it and I will gladly lose that money for a victory!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you know, you can make that happen by just using the ignore function. But as usual, you'd rather come on to a football thread and try and derail it into some kind of personal flame war.

artp

Registered
Reaction score
The Bears are a Super Bowl quality team. They will no go undefeated. Why not the Cardinals on Monday night?

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Bears are a Super Bowl quality team. They will no go undefeated. Why not the Cardinals on Monday night?

The Bears are so overrated. They are not going to the Super Bowl. We will probably lose but take the points!

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy you are really drinking some Kool-Aid

No he isn't really. He makes a couple of good points. The Bears have beat bad teams, and they are good at home. The Cards aren't a BAD team, and they host this game.

You are really drinking some Koolaid comments from you bro, don't mean squat since you are drinking of the darksider fount at the moment. :D

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not hating. Hes just expecting an awful lot from Leinart in his 2nd game against this D. KC is no Chicago. Not even close. I put money on it and I will gladly lose that money for a victory!

KC and Chicago are neck in neck as to defensive ratings at the moment. We fared well against the vaunted KC D you were so terrified of after they DESTROYED the Niners....I'll look up the quote if you want me to.

Chicago's D is very good, but their secondary isn't very scary, while KC's was...and we dropped two TDs on them (their first and second of the year) and had BJ drop one in the EZ.

My Koolaid may be full and runneth over, but your darkside juice cup looks just the same. Maybe we even out?

Between the two of us, we are a wash.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05