Camp update 7/31/03

dbcard74

Reaction score
Thanks for the report. Such reports are why this site is better than the Republic if you want a real idea of what is going on with specific players.

Can anybody provide any information about the pass-rushing Dennis Quinn that was mentioned? I've never heard his name.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BleedRed
Here's his player bio from azcards.com. I've never heard of him either. Sounds like a player though.

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/playerdetails.php?pid=1645

Must be a real late bloomer because in three years as a starter at the college level he only garnered 4 sacks total???? Not sure but IMO it would seem that such production would usually be riding the bench at most colleges???

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
Probably. My comment "sounds like a player" was real just in reference to some of the comments I've read in the camp report.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Must be a real late bloomer because in three years as a starter at the college level he only garnered 4 sacks total???? Not sure but IMO it would seem that such production would usually be riding the bench at most colleges???

What a strange bio.

It says he switched to OT his sophomore year. Was it just for a year? Or, were all of his tackle numbers from his freshman year? He's real small for an OT, even for college. Maybe he went back to DE for his senior year?

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
What a strange bio. It says (Quinn) switched to OT his sophomore year. Was it just for a year? Or, were all of his tackle numbers from his freshman year? He's real small for an OT, even for college. Maybe he went back to DE for his senior year?

AJCardFan:

Read that bio again. It says that Watts Sanderson "switched to OT as a sophomore." Two one-line bios were combined because both players attended South Carolina.

Dennis Quinn started at LDE for the Gamecocks for three years (after playing in 11 games as a reserve in 1999), starting 26 of the 33 games in which he appeared. Had knee problems the last two seasons, missing three games in 2001 from having his right knee scoped. 4.89 40 yd; 400 lb bench; 290 lb power clean (campus tests).

Sports Xchange 2003 pre-draft analysis: "good explosion... good lateral agility... solid wrapup tackler... needs to add strength... struggles when having to pursue the quarterback from the back side... stamina is a problem... runs out of gas by the third quarter."

I'm surprised to hear that Quinn's standing out in practice. I thought he'd be a camp body, nothing more.

WC

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wild Card
AJCardFan:

Read that bio again. It says that Watts Sanderson "switched to OT as a sophomore." Two one-line bios were combined because both players attended South Carolina.

WC

Well, Duh! I guess I need remedial reading!