Can we start a chant at arenas?

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's sad cuz the Madhouse used to be a GREAT PLACE to go to a basketball game.

Sure the building sucked....but the fans there were absolutely great. And the Suns weren't even doing well those years.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's sad cuz the Madhouse used to be a GREAT PLACE to go to a basketball game.

Sure the building sucked....but the fans there were absolutely great. And the Suns weren't even doing well those years.

:stupid:

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In defense it is a totally different city now then it was. I don't know what side of the fence i'm on. I'm pissed that the Suns cater to this....but hey, they get it and it is putting cash in their pockets. It does hurt their home court advantage though.

Back in the 80's....all you had were the Suns, ASU and the Phoenix Firebirds and Roadrunners.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
No way in hell. If it were up to me, if the game was intense, I would stand the entire game. It wasn't me, but Fan A might as well be me.

No fan at a game is going to tell me how to cheer my team on, especially if I was not initially disrespectful. If you don't like it when I stand, stand yourself. The stadiums do have "stadium style" seating so that you could see, if you would just stand.

The bigger question is why would would "shell out a chunk of cash" for those good seats, and just sit there. There is a reason why they have motivators at games, ITS TO PUMP UP THE CROWD AND ADD EMOTION!!! I would enjoy the experience the game that much more, if the people that sat immediately around me, were as passionate for the game as I am.

The same thing is happening at Cardinals games, (although it is more rare)

I would rather be around passionate Cowboy and Laker fans, than docile Suns fans.

Well, that's my point. Like I said, fans jump up to cheer the team -- a great play, a good quarter, an in-your-face dunk, a scoring run, a player's exit from or coming into the game, when the game gets "intense," all that good stuff. Everyone was up on that out-of-bounds call and up again for the reversal of the call in the Clipps game. I'm on my feet about 60 times a game and so is most everyone around me. That's the fun of being there. "Docile" fans make me wonder why they bothered to come when they could be home falling asleep on the couch.

But booing the refs and arguing every call doesn't fall into the cheer category and given Fan A's limited vocabulary he probably threw in a few obscenities there too. Let's face it, some people are just obnoxious and that does not necessarily equate to being passionate. You can be passionate without being a total pain in the ass.

Bottom line, I'm glad I'm not in #119 if it's the downer you say it is.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that's my point. Like I said, fans jump up to cheer the team -- a great play, a good quarter, an in-your-face dunk, a scoring run, a player's exit from or coming into the game, when the game gets "intense," all that good stuff. Everyone was up on that out-of-bounds call and up again for the reversal of the call in the Clipps game. I'm on my feet about 60 times a game and so is most everyone around me. That's the fun of being there. "Docile" fans make me wonder why they bothered to come when they could be home falling asleep on the couch.

But booing the refs and arguing every call doesn't fall into the cheer category and given Fan A's limited vocabulary he probably threw in a few obscenities there too. Let's face it, some people are just obnoxious and that does not necessarily equate to being passionate. You can be passionate without being a total pain in the ass.

Bottom line, I'm glad I'm not in #119 if it's the downer you say it is.

It is. It is too bad the seats are great.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Tonight I'm paying more attention to crowd response than I usually do. Hope you all are doing the same.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05