Card fans should hope James goes to Miami

OP
OP
P

pete

All Star
Reaction score
#8 second best RB on his team.

Only because the coaching staff at Auburn was related to Buddy Ryan.

#9 Unproven and will want millions vs James who is proven and wants millions.

Will cost less than James and has more upside and mileage left in the tank.

#10 We don't really know who Green wants.

I know one thing, Green doesn't want James!!!! :wave:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
pete said:
Only because the coaching staff at Auburn was related to Buddy Ryan.

:thumbdown

Will cost less than James and has more upside and mileage left in the tank.

Not that much less cost. He has more upside than an elite NFL RB in his prime?

I know one thing, Green doesn't want James!!!! :wave:

Really? :shrug:

CorporalCardinal

Look! A Cards fan in Iraq
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gamebird98 said:
HELLO...ya ever think in 91' with Tom Tupa at QB, maybe they put 8 in the box. Not much of a threat getting beat by Tupa

+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+
| Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
| 1990 pho | 14 | 234 926 4.0 5 | 25 241 9.6 0 |
| 1991 pho | 15 | 196 666 3.4 4 | 29 225 7.8 2 |
| 1992 pho | 12 | 178 734 4.1 6 | 14 103 7.4 0 |
| 1993 nyj | 15 | 198 821 4.1 3 | 67 641 9.6 1 |
| 1994 nyj | 16 | 240 931 3.9 3 | 42 303 7.2 2 |
| TOTAL | 72 | 1046 4078 3.9 21 | 177 1513 8.5 5 |

I'll give you Tupa, having a punter for a qb is..well it's stupid. However, I still wouldn't call him the answer at running back in the 90's and his attitude was just straight garbage, but that's not saying much since we had NO answer at runningback.....and what the heck is this HELLLO crap? Is this phone?

OP
OP
P

pete

All Star
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
:thumbdown

Not that much less cost. He has more upside than an elite NFL RB in his prime?

Really? :shrug:

James will never be a Cardinal because he does not fit the profile of players that Green has brought in here. Sure, he's been successful, but he just seems to want a ton of money. How many FA's have Green/Graves opened up the vault to? None. They've signed players like Berry and Warner who have been kicked to the curb a time or two and now have something to prove. James has nothing to prove. In his quest to score an 8 figure signing bonus and a fat new contract, do you ever hear him talking about going to a team that wants to win a Super Bowl? He's on one right now and he wants out! That is why he is not on Green's list. He's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$'s.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
gamebird98 said:
HELLO...ya ever think in 91' with Tom Tupa at QB, maybe they put 8 in the box. Not much of a threat getting beat by Tupa

They couldn't put 8 in the box. Tupa was too much of a threat for the pooch punt! You can't stop Tom Tupa, you can only hope to contain him....

CorporalCardinal

Look! A Cards fan in Iraq
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Syracusecards said:
gamebird98 said:

They couldn't put 8 in the box. Tupa was too much of a threat for the pooch punt! You can't stop Tom Tupa, you can only hope to contain him....

But see, Buddy Ryan fixed that by signing the greatest quarterback in NFL history....Jay Schrador! (Or however you spell his name)

BigJoe

Rookie
Reaction score
I'll never get why people want a draft pick over a proven commodity. I can understand being willing to pass on mediocrity for potential greatness, that's a reasonable gamble. But passing on a proven great running back for a potentially great running back just doesn't make sense. At his best, Ronnie Brown (or Cadillac or "insert drafted rb's name here") could hope to produce what EJ has produced.

People can talk about how much money he is going to make as if this is the NBA and the 8th pick in the draft plays for relative peanuts. The Cards will be CTC for whoever is the lucky SOB that gets called out on draft day. People can talk about his being honest about wanting a big payday, I say big deal. Everybody in the NFL is about $$$. The players, the coaches, the owners...everybody. If people somehow think that EJ is more money hungry than other people, they are living in a fantasy world. (For reference, see everyone's favorite MLB Edgerton Hartwell who seems to be holding out for a bigger payday from anybody but somehow is being just short of worshipped.)

I live in Indiana and am subjected to hours upon hours of Colts games, discussions, highlights, analysis, etc. ad naseum. For those of you who seem to think that he has a lot of miles on him, I challenge you to watch a Colts game, any Colts game that he has played in and count how many times he gets hit hard. It rarely happens. He is a very smart runner who just doesn't take the big hit. As long as he keeps running like that, he'll be fine for as long as he wants to play. He has run for a lot of yards, but doesn't have a lot of hits on his body.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
BigJoe said:
I'll never get why people want a draft pick over a proven commodity.

C'mon, I would rather have a highly rated 1B prospect over Pujols...the proven commodity! Pujols is always nursing some sort of injury and look at the miles on him!

*promptly removes toungue from cheek*

Love the avatar!