Cardinal/Panther tidbits

pnthrfan

Reaction score
... The Cardinals and Panthers are the only two teams with a pair of receivers on pace for 1,000-yard seasons, with Smith and Muhammad for Carolina and Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin for Arizona. Boldin practiced Monday for the first time since undergoing facial surgery on Oct. 2; if he returns Sunday and plays the rest of the season, he would be on a 1,281-yard pace, based on his per-game average of 91.5 yards, which ranks sixth in the league ...

Panthers.com. ( I can't post a link yet.)Minutes: Going to the next level

Smith missed the first 2 games, and Bodin has missed 2 games I think. We have some awesome recievers.

Last edited:

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Breaston is also on pace. I think we have a leg up if we go 3-deep.

:)

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score
... The Cardinals and Panthers are the only two teams with a pair of receivers on pace for 1,000-yard seasons, with Smith and Muhammad for Carolina and Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin for Arizona. Boldin practiced Monday for the first time since undergoing facial surgery on Oct. 2; if he returns Sunday and plays the rest of the season, he would be on a 1,281-yard pace, based on his per-game average of 91.5 yards, which ranks sixth in the league ...

Panthers.com. ( I can't post a link yet.)Minutes: Going to the next level

Smith missed the first 2 games, and Bodin has missed 2 games I think. We have some awesome recievers.

http://www.panthers.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=39864

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
here are my tidbits, after visiting the Panthers website:

the team colors, logo, and font used in the team name scream "I love the 80's!"

there is something vaguely disconcerting about the title of the weekly interview with the head coach: The Foxhole. At least it not "In the Foxhole" or something worse. Yeeeck. It would be like calling the weekly segment here "Taking a Whiz"

back to football

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score

there is something vaguely disconcerting about the title of the weekly interview with the head coach: The Foxhole. At least it not "In the Foxhole" or something worse. Yeeeck. It would be like calling the weekly segment here "Taking a Whiz"

back to football
thanks for that expert analysis.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

back to football

thanks for that expert analysis.
You forgot what the heck kind of name is Biakabatuka.

Furthmore, this judge does think Foxhole is too similar to piehole.

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score
You forgot what the heck kind of name is Biakabatuka.

Furthmore, this judge does think Foxhole is too similar to piehole.
Tim Biakabutuka was from Zaire (now known as the Democratic Republic of the Congo). That's in a continent known as Africa. You will learn about this once you get into 5th or 6th grade.

anyway, he still lives in charlotte and is a really good guy.

Furthermore, this teacher congratulates you on realizing that 'foxhole' sounds like 'piehole'.

good job. :thumbup:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim Biakabutuka was from Zaire (now known as the Democratic Republic of the Congo). That's in a continent known as Africa. You will learn about this once you get into 5th or 6th grade.

Furthermore, this teacher congratulates you on realizing that 'foxhole' sounds like 'piehole'.

Gold star for spelling Biaka... correctly!

I hope you know I wasn't serious. At all.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Tim was born in Zaire and raised in Quebec. Played his high school football in Montreal before heading south on scholarship. His first language is French.

WIKI
Biakabutuka left the former Zaire with his family for Canada when he was four years old, settling in the Montreal area, where his family still lives. He did not play Canadian football until his high school in Longueuil organized a team. After grade 11, he attended CEGEP at Vanier College, where his football exploits earned him the nickname "Touchdown Tim" and earned him a scholarship to play college football at the University of Michigan. [1]

Biakabutukua is perhaps best known for his 313-yard rushing effort against Ohio State in 1995, which helped Michigan upset the previously-undefeated Buckeyes. His performance against Ohio State ranks as the second highest single-game performance in U-M history,

Last edited:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
We suck on the road, your uniforms look ridiculous, and expert guest analysis like "running the ball effectively will help us win" is, well, just comical. I think that pretty well sums this week up.

Cards 31
Panthers 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05