Cardinals 2nd pick: ILB - Kevin Minter

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I liked some other players better and was hoping for a rush threat, but Minter is a pretty solid player. Don't hate the pick, just wanted something different.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This Thread: 28 posts.

Honey Badger thread: Over 90.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm really excited about this pick. Watching highlights he gets into the backfield a lot. I can't wait to see what he brings

jjjcardsfan85

Reaction score
This is a solid pick not flashy like picking Teo but I think hell be a better pro teo has bust written all over him, overrated Notre Dame player, hope teo has a nice career he seems like a good guy but minter is a better fit for us

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't think I've ever seen a 2nd round pick garner such little attention on this board.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
i don't think I've ever seen a 2nd round pick garner such little attention on this board.

Well that's the kind of player Minter is. A lunch pail guy. A player only a few hard core fans and LSU followers know anything about. Similar to many of the Free Agents the Cards have brought in. A perfect symbol for this draft a very good player but not a big splash.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LSU games this year showed a real leader in the middle in minter.
Nasty and aggressive player ,making sideline to sideline plays,blitzing ,covering
Big hitter.
Lsu defense made him look better?
No.he made them looks better

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kiko Alonso went with the very next pick to the Bills. A 3 down LB. Waste of a 2nd round pick.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Kiko Alonso went with the very next pick to the Bills. A 3 down LB. Waste of a 2nd round pick.

The Cardinals had Alonzo in for a private visit (so they did the due diligence on him)---he has had some off the field issues---but, regardless, Minter clearly is a stronger player, especially to come right in and start the first 4 games and perhaps more.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
#51 for Minter
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers 23h
per #cardsmarkd, kevin minter @Kmint_46 will wear #51, tyrann mathieu @mathieu_era will wear #32

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Best SILB prospect in the draft. Dont just think of him as a 2down run stuffer. He makes a ton of plays behind the line of scrimmage, 15 TFLs and 5 sacks.

I love the pick.

Yup. Forget about Teo being rated higher. This is the best player fit for this scheme

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looks like the Cardinals new front office is really playing it safe with there first draft class.

OG in the first
MLB in the second

Safe picks but not very sexy picks.

Really all of the Cardinals picks were very safe at positions that typically are easier to fill. The only real exciting pick was Mathieu and he is slated to play safety.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Looks like the Cardinals new front office is really playing it safe with there first draft class.

OG in the first
MLB in the second

Safe picks but not very sexy picks.

Really all of the Cardinals picks were very safe at positions that typically are easier to fill. The only real exciting pick was Mathieu and he is slated to play safety.

Same thing they did during free agency.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
So is he a WILB or SILB (6'0, 246)? His size concerns me.

Suited best to play SILB. Could fill the WILB while Washington is out as he is athletic enough to drop in coverage and play in space, However he is best suited to the SILB role.

Last edited:

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Just watched four games of Minter's and I like the guy. I want him to start over Jasper Brinkley already. He is an all-around ILB. He can blitz. He is good in zone coverage. He can tackle. Very active sideline to sideline player. Smart with very good read and react skills. Solid in everything. He is not the extreme athlete that D-Wash is but he is very good himself. I like this pick now that I have watched more tape on the guy.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So is he a WILB or SILB (6'0, 246)? His size concerns me.

Navarro Bowman is 6'0" 242. Gerald Hayes is 6'1" and was 237.

Ron McKinnon was 6'0" 246 and he had over 200 tackles one year. :p

So while you'd like to have a guy a couple of inches taller it's not critical at SILB.