Cardinals and their Tattoos

Jim O

Reaction score
Cardinals and their Tattoos

You must be registered for see images

With a month until the start of training camp, there isn’t much football to talk about, but an easy enough off-the-field subject to quiz the players about was their tattoos. As the country’s sixth-fastest growing retail business, the tattoo craze extends across genders, across age and surprisingly even across stereotypes. Even people like John F Kennedy Jr. to Winston Churchill’s mother to Queen Victoria to actress Reese Witherspoon sport tattoos. That group definitely encompasses professional athletes.

Continue Story...

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I didn't realize Dockett was that tatted up.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Even clean cut, southern raised Josh McCown sports a tattoo on his bicep, the initials J.T., Joshua Treadwell. Small enough for McCown not to regret, the team’s backup quarterback said he definitely wouldn’t get another one.

“It’s the lamest tattoo of all times,” said McCown. “You can definitely give that award to me. I got it in college. My brothers have them too, their nicknames from growing up. I just did it to be daring, it was stupid.”

WTF!!!:lame:

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
The pain of getting a tattoo has limited Rolle to just one tattoo each year and the rookie said he’s thinking about getting one more before quitting for good.

:biglaugh:

Pansy.

Even if I felt that way, I would never admit it to a reporter.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
I didn't realize Dockett was that tatted up.

I would think getting a tatoo on your ribs would really freakin' hurt.

Loved the article. Thanks for posting it, Jim!

seesred

Reaction score
I wish these pro athletes would not mark up their bodies.I guess it works for some but I knoiw many kids and adults who regretted latter in life that they had them. As a Rotarian we offer a program to remove them. Depending on what you do in life like it or not for many jobs especially the better paying jobs the way a person looks counts. Most companies see employees as an extension of the company and how they are percieved so is the company.

It is in now for baseball, football, especially basketball players to get tatoos and for them it may be cool, but for most it is not. Not to mention all the documented cases of people getting sick from the dyes, or from the agent. I hope my grandchildren never have them. But because of peer pressure they all want them.

GBR

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
If you're over 40 you hate them. If you're not their cool. I don't think society should judge a person on a few tatoos. I can understand if you have tatoos everywhere and it looks like you've spent some time in the pen, that's different. If I was rich then I would have a lot more tatoos. Unfortunately I have to work in a business environment that is full of mostly white men 40 or over so it wouldn't be accepted. However, in the real world everyone has tatoos.

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
seesred said:
I wish these pro athletes would not mark up their bodies.I guess it works for some but I knoiw many kids and adults who regretted latter in life that they had them. As a Rotarian we offer a program to remove them. Depending on what you do in life like it or not for many jobs especially the better paying jobs the way a person looks counts. Most companies see employees as an extension of the company and how they are percieved so is the company.

It is in now for baseball, football, especially basketball players to get tatoos and for them it may be cool, but for most it is not. Not to mention all the documented cases of people getting sick from the dyes, or from the agent. I hope my grandchildren never have them. But because of peer pressure they all want them.

GBR

It's 2005 and things are changing. Sure, it may not look profesional if you are sitting in a room with a client, but you can always get them in places that are not visible. I say if someone wants a tat, go for it. Just know it is something you really really want. It should be something meaningful that you will always love and remember.

Not to mention the lower back tattoo on a good looking girl is quite possibly the sexiest thing ever!

seesred

Reaction score
There was a time I was also in my 20's. I served in the Army and many guys had Tats. IMO it's wiser not to do it. Someday you to might be over 40. Heck I'm almost 60, it wasn't to long ago that I two thought things cool that turned out the opposite. My brother has one on his bald head. Now his son has 2 or 3 because the father did it. My daughter has one on her lower back and now in her mid 30's wants it off.Everyone can have different opinions on this subject. Bottem line if your hoping to become the top executive of a wall street firm your better off without. If you play Defensive tackle for the Cards and make millions get what you want.

GBR

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I suppose if you make millions and are set for life playing football, fine.

But if you're a regular guy trying to get a good white collar job and you show up with crosses all over your forearms and a big earing hanging from your ear -- good luck. That's reality.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
seesred said:

GBR

awfully narrowminded of you. it's a generational thing. and if its not done with hatred in mind, why is it such a problem for someone to undertake beautification (yes, i made it up) of themselves. makeup is desecrating the body to the same extent, just not permanently.

i'm not certain i would tat up any highly visible area, but i do have a tat, and i'm a 36 year old attorney. my tat is personally designed to illustrate my philosophy on how i wish to live my life. had nothing to do with peer pressure. if anything most people should wait until their older to get a tat to know exactly what they want, where they want it, and why they want it. but to condemn them altogether is just old-aged ignorant.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
I'm not into self-mutilation.

way too narrowminded skorp. it's not considered mutilation, it's considered beatification.

even some more progressive rabbis are starting to come around on this. the torah (old testament) forbids the burial of someone whose body is mutilated in a jewish cemetary. for the longest time tats were considered self-mutilation and therefore if tatt'ed you couldn't be buried in a jewish cemetary. now it's seen by more progressive (and i'd argue more intelligent) rabbis that it is no different than an ear piercing. it's an enhancement.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
Wrong.........getting a tatoo is not an art....how so!

How could you say it's not art, because it's on skin. Who cares what the canvas is, it's art.

The body is the canvas of this century.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
JPlay said:
How could you say it's not art, because it's on skin. Who cares what the canvas is, it's art.

The body is the canvas of this century.

In time, true art increases in value and in appreciation.

I doubt that art found on the "sagging" canvas of time, will meet this criteria.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
In time, true art increases in value and in appreciation.

I doubt that art found on the "sagging" canvas of time, will meet this criteria.

art and money have no real connection. true art is not intended, first and foremost, to make money. only in a ridiculously skewed capitalist society would one condition the definition of the word art on monetary value. ridiculous.

the term art is defined with such words and phrases as "skill acquired by experience, study, or observation," "the conscious use of skill and creative imagination esp. in the production of aesthetic objects," or "decorative or illustrative elements in printed matter," or "workmanship." nowhere do the terms "value," "money," or any other indication of "worth" come into play in determining art.

your criteria is found only in your saddeningly monetary-driven brain.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
art and money have no real connection. true art is not intended, first and foremost, to make money. only in a ridiculously skewed capitalist society would one condition the definition of the word art on monetary value. ridiculous.

the term art is defined with such words and phrases as "skill acquired by experience, study, or observation," "the conscious use of skill and creative imagination esp. in the production of aesthetic objects," or "decorative or illustrative elements in printed matter," or "workmanship." nowhere do the terms "value," "money," or any other indication of "worth" come into play in determining art.

your criteria is found only in your saddeningly monetary-driven brain.
:lmao: :notworthy