Cardinals and their Tattoos

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
art and money have no real connection. true art is not intended, first and foremost, to make money. only in a ridiculously skewed capitalist society would one condition the definition of the word art on monetary value. ridiculous.

the term art is defined with such words and phrases as "skill acquired by experience, study, or observation," "the conscious use of skill and creative imagination esp. in the production of aesthetic objects," or "decorative or illustrative elements in printed matter," or "workmanship." nowhere do the terms "value," "money," or any other indication of "worth" come into play in determining art.

your criteria is found only in your saddeningly monetary-driven brain.

yeeouch!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
art and money have no real connection. true art is not intended, first and foremost, to make money. only in a ridiculously skewed capitalist society would one condition the definition of the word art on monetary value. ridiculous.

the term art is defined with such words and phrases as "skill acquired by experience, study, or observation," "the conscious use of skill and creative imagination esp. in the production of aesthetic objects," or "decorative or illustrative elements in printed matter," or "workmanship." nowhere do the terms "value," "money," or any other indication of "worth" come into play in determining art.

:notworthy

Ouchie kicking some ass!

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:

Relax!

My appreciation of the value of art hardlly touches the monentary, and your interjection barely relates to my point.

To reiterate my point: Art on the "sagging" skin of an increasingly obese generation will be a less than appealing canvas to the eye.

While you were checking for the meaning of "art", you might have taken time to also check for the full meaning of "value".

And, where did you find this: saddeningly :D

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
poetic license

.... and in poetry, as in art - beauty is verily in the eye of the beholder. :D

Last edited:

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
In time, true art increases in value and in appreciation.

I doubt that art found on the "sagging" canvas of time, will meet this criteria.

Ok, all wise. That's your opinion, but to many a tatoo is everlasting art. It's permanently on you until you die.

seesred

Reaction score
awfully narrowminded of you. it's a generational thing. and if its not done with hatred in mind, why is it such a problem for someone to undertake beautification (yes, i made it up) of themselves. makeup is desecrating the body to the same extent, just not permanently.

i'm not certain i would tat up any highly visible area, but i do have a tat, and i'm a 36 year old attorney. my tat is personally designed to illustrate my philosophy on how i wish to live my life. had nothing to do with peer pressure. if anything most people should wait until their older to get a tat to know exactly what they want, where they want it, and why they want it. but to condemn them altogether is just old-aged ignorant.

ozc.. No place am I condemning them. Everyone is entitled to do what ever they want with themselves. I have no problem with that. I'm glad you're happy with yours. I personally don't think they do anything for me and I would'n want them on my children. I teach in a very, very poor area. Tats to them represent gangs.Many want it to fit in. I just don't no if showing off all the cardinal players tats is a great story line.

GBR

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Ok, all wise. That's your opinion, but to many a tatoo is everlasting art. It's permanently on you until you die.

Well, I suspect your reference to wisdom is at best facetious. But, just in case it isn't, I suggest investing in a company involved in tatoo removals. There will be money to be made in the not too distant, when many wake to the ugly reality of tats on sagging, increasingly decrepit bodies... :D

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
way too narrowminded skorp. it's not considered mutilation, it's considered beatification.

even some more progressive rabbis are starting to come around on this. the torah (old testament) forbids the burial of someone whose body is mutilated in a jewish cemetary. for the longest time tats were considered self-mutilation and therefore if tatt'ed you couldn't be buried in a jewish cemetary. now it's seen by more progressive (and i'd argue more intelligent) rabbis that it is no different than an ear piercing. it's an enhancement.

:eek: what the hell do you call 'circumcision'?

I mean you can argue for or against them but they are altering the body.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
seesred said:
ozc.. No place am I condemning them. Everyone is entitled to do what ever they want with themselves. I have no problem with that. I'm glad you're happy with yours. I personally don't think they do anything for me and I would'n want them on my children. I teach in a very, very poor area. Tats to them represent gangs.Many want it to fit in. I just don't no if showing off all the cardinal players tats is a great story line.

GBR

sorry that came off so combative. it's part of society now. instead of hoping that your grandchildren don't get 'em, maybe you should talk to your grandchildren about what they are, and what they should be if they do decide to get one. positive influence does wonders.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
I crack up every time I see a nasty old green tat on a 50 year old. It just looks disgusting. They could pull some snot out of their nose and leave it on their lip and call it art but I don't want to have to look at it.

As far as a tat on a girls lower back, nothing is sexier then nice clean & clear healthy skin.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
1DirtySanchez said:
It's 2005 and things are changing. Sure, it may not look profesional if you are sitting in a room with a client, but you can always get them in places that are not visible. I say if someone wants a tat, go for it. Just know it is something you really really want. It should be something meaningful that you will always love and remember.

Not to mention the lower back tattoo on a good looking girl is quite possibly the sexiest thing ever!

Getting them in spots you can cover is key. I have a few, but they aren't visible when I'm wearing pants and a short sleeved shirt.

As for the girls with lower back tats, I disagree. They're so freaking common now, they're almost like serial numbers. Show me something original. And just wait til these gals are 35-40. Those things will look AWFUL...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
nurnay said:
Getting them in spots you can cover is key. I have a few, but they aren't visible when I'm wearing pants and a short sleeved shirt.

As for the girls with lower back tats, I disagree. They're so freaking common now, they're almost like serial numbers. Show me something original. And just wait til these gals are 35-40. Those things will look AWFUL...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

What really sucks is that the tat won't actually droop into their pants and out of sight completely until they are pushing 50.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score

I'm EXACTLY 40.
Tattoos don't matter - so many people have them it's become downright GENERIC.
Still - I'm thinking about getting a tat of my avatar...

NFL_FAN

NFL_FAN
Reaction score
JPlay said:
If you're over 40 you hate them. If you're not their cool. I don't think society should judge a person on a few tatoos. I can understand if you have tatoos everywhere and it looks like you've spent some time in the pen, that's different. If I was rich then I would have a lot more tatoos. Unfortunately I have to work in a business environment that is full of mostly white men 40 or over so it wouldn't be accepted. However, in the real world everyone has tatoos.

I'm 40, a business professional and just got my first tat. No regrets at all! I had one of those henna tats put on last year while at Rocky Point. Just a medium size scorpion on my upper left arm for fun. Liked it so much had the real thing put on a few months later. No plans for more in the near future but I figure I can handle the decision at my age and it has no impact on my job.