Cardinals Busted for Tampering with Gannon.

volcardinal

Reaction score
Been following this team for 50 years and the stupidity that goes on within this organization over the last couple of years is starting to make me feel that I will never see them win a super bowl. You illegally contacted a f___ing coach that no one wanted wtf is wrong with you. I thought Keim was stupid, Monti is making him look like GD rhodes scholar.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just found this news out and it PISSES me off. It would be bad in a normal year, but in a freaking rebuild year…c’mon Arizona!

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Frankly I don’t get too excited about this. Gannon wasn’t my favorite, but he was the Cards‘. Maybe they don’t get him if they don’t tamper. So would you trade a third rounder for a fourth and fifth if it meant getting the coach you wanted. I would.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So McDonough claims of Bidwill being a cheater wasn't a case of a disgruntled ex-employee after all. I am willing to bet MB maybe not be on same level as Sarver but is guilty of a lot of the mistreatment of employees he is being accused of.

Either way, dude needs to sell the team. A lot of the moves he is making indicate a cheap, second rate organization. If he is worried about saving a buck, sell the team and never have to worry about money ever again.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Wow. I suspect we have now taken the spot of most dysfunctional franchise from Washington. Sigh...

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I still don’t understand exactly why this even happened. There were times during the playoffs that we could have talked to Gannon totally above board. Did we think other teams would be more interested if they knew we were interested? No one else made him an offer. Did they think the Eagles would trash talk us and convince him to turn us down so we went behind their backs? That doesn’t make much sense either. I honestly don’t understand the motivation here at all.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Frankly I don’t get too excited about this. Gannon wasn’t my favorite, but he was the Cards‘. Maybe they don’t get him if they don’t tamper. So would you trade a third rounder for a fourth and fifth if it meant getting the coach you wanted. I would.

I was just going to say the same thing.

If Gannon is the guy then maybe we don;t get him without that call. Maybe that call was "Look we need to know if you or in or were going with Anarumo".

If he's the guy then the tampering was worth it. If he's not the penalty won't really matter and we suck either way.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was just going to say the same thing.

If Gannon is the guy then maybe we don;t get him without that call. Maybe that call was "Look we need to know if you or in or were going with Anarumo".

If he's the guy then the tampering was worth it. If he's not the penalty won't really matter and we suck either way.
No, sorry, no. Please, @BritCard, don't defend the organization here. It was stupid, full stop. Let's keep the agreement rolling.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, sorry, no. Please, @BritCard, don't defend the organization here. It was stupid, full stop. Let's keep the agreement rolling.

Stupid suggests it's a mistake though and I just don't see that. They know the rules, they aren't difficult. So just trying to apply logic here the obvious option is that they did it knowingly, which would suggest it was a crucial call that had to happen.

The stupid part was self reporting it.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Agreed. You get your guy and time will tell if it was worth it or not.

What pisses me off - we only got a 6th for Arians.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Stupid suggests it's a mistake though and I just don't see that. They know the rules, they aren't difficult. So just trying to apply logic here the obvious option is that they did it knowingly, which would suggest it was a crucial call that had to happen.

The stupid part was all of it.

Stupid would be compounded by doing it because they thought it had to be done. You're not going to sucker me with a shadow argument that, I mean, really, Stout, they HAD to do it--no choice! LOL no. There is no way out of this one. This was unnecessary and dumb. Don't go to bat for Bidwill and Monti again here, please.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right. There’s no way tampering was needed to land him. Ossi even admitted he effed up. Again there is no good side to this. This is a zero sum loss plain and simple. Defending this just shines light on who can’t be objective about the organization.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Ossi literally said he made a mistake. From his mouth. Apologized to Mikey and his staff.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard Monti reported it after he realized he used his phone and not his burner phone.

Here is a picture of the teams burner phone. I'm curious what Monti's phone looks like if he got that confused.

You must be registered for see images attach

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only that, but now we trade down, lose on Anderson who ends up being dominant, and whoever we settle for ends up a bust.

I didn't have worse than Suggs trade on the bingo card.

:bang:
You still believe this after sleeping on it?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the coach was Sean Payton, maybe. If that coach is Jonathan Gannon, who nobody else wanted anyways, no.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Agree with those that say this was another blunder by what's starting to look like sort of a renegade organization.

On the other hand, in terms of loss of draft capital, it's not terribly severe. Like if you calc'ed the number of draft points we lost, what would it net out to? A sixth rounder? Keim was giving those out like party favors.

It's not "meh", and it's both embarrassing and concerning, but this is pretty far from "crippling our rebuild". It's really more embarrassing than anything else. Let's move on please.