Cardinals denied again (No HD broadcast)

Vito

Reaction score
Just like last year:
I buy all this equipment, pay for Sunady Ticket and Superfan (which Direct TV) did refund after I complained last year, and today they list all the NFL games and what HD channel they will be on.

And the Cardinals are one of the only games to be braodcast in Standard Definition. Of course I am going to call and complain.

Good luck today Cardinals and their fans..

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vito

Reaction score
I called DTV to complain, they tell me it's the NFL, then I watch the last few sseconds of the Cowturd's game. It ends and they switch to the Card game which is in HD!!!. Those lying bastiges at Direct TV!

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
It is not due to bandwidth issues. All games that are produced in HD are provided by DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket in HD. And as was stated above, the game was not in HD (not even what you saw in the Dallas-Jacksonville broadcast).

It is not due to the NFL. While the NFL owns the rights to the games, they cannot insist upon HD production by the originating network.

It is entirely due to the fact that Fox does six games in HD, CBS does even less (though the count is not always consistent). If you watch the game over the air on the digital channel, however, all Fox games are presented in widescreen format even when not in HD. CBS games that do not get the HD treatment are presented in 4:3 ratio, even on digital channels.

If you want to complain, send your complaint to CBS and Fox Sports.

Last edited:

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
Vito said:
I called DTV to complain, they tell me it's the NFL, then I watch the last few sseconds of the Cowturd's game. It ends and they switch to the Card game which is in HD!!!. Those lying bastiges at Direct TV!

Note to Vito: go to the game - it's in HD all the time

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Derm said:
Note to Vito: go to the game - it's in HD all the time
It was in High Def at my tailgate:)

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
that's odd because the local broadcast is in HD

That wasn't HD, it was Fox Upconverting...

If you can't tell the difference between what the Cards game was, and what real HD is, you need a better TV, or just not have HD at all :)

Mike

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vito said:

Again, the gamee was not in HD.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lloydian said:
It is not due to bandwidth issues. All games that are produced in HD are provided by DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket in HD. And as was stated above, the game was not in HD (not even what you saw in the Dallas-Jacksonville broadcast).

It is not due to the NFL. While the NFL owns the rights to the games, they cannot insist upon HD production by the originating network.

It is entirely due to the fact that Fox does six games in HD, CBS does even less (though the count is not always consistent). If you watch the game over the air on the digital channel, however, all Fox games are presented in widescreen format even when not in HD. CBS games that do not get the HD treatment are presented in 4:3 ratio, even on digital channels.

If you want to complain, send your complaint to CBS and Fox Sports.

Exactly, well said.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
it looked a lot better than the feed I was was getting from the non-high def games on the ticket (i used an off air atenna to pick up the local fox broadcast)

was also 100x better than the analog broadcast below it

the picture looked great - so if all they did was upconvert then that's great - because it looked much better than the stuff that wasn't and even if it wasn't true HD - it looked pretty dang close

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05