Cardinals' Draft: Bowl Standouts

Jason1970

Reaction score
When you say UDUB you mean Wisconsin? They did not deserve any consideration at all, and don't let my handle fool you I am an AZ native and an ASU fan. I cant stand UW and my Daughter is a UW alumni. Their fans are just like packer fans I root for them to lose every game.

No Washington, my premise is "deserving" ie.. No Ohio St. You should have to win your conference, let alone winning your division. The Committee bent over backwards to get OSU in and they got killed. Terrible game...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I agree Penn St. should've went over OSU and thought that the whole time.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The one time they threw downfield the freshman CB totally botched the play for USC but the QB badly overthrew it or it was probably a TD.

The other thing other than just running every down was too conservative is USC was playing without BOTH starting CB's, Adoree Jackson was out hurt as was the other one, they had 2 backups in including a true freshman.

Then when they should have been more cautious they went for the big one and got picked after nearly getting picked earlier.

Typical Franklin screw-ups. He lost a fair number of games last year with stupid decisions and game management. HE seemed to have gotten away from it this year but it resurfaced at the worse possible time yesterday.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Oh and if anyone watched the Wisconsin game...their TE Fumagalli is a beast. 6'6" 250...great hands...great blocker...polished route runner. He would do wonders to this offense.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I agree Penn St. should've went over OSU and thought that the whole time.

I didn't know that. It's tough when we think our own team shouldn't make it, but good on you for admitting it :thumbup:

Because they lost to Pitt and got hammered by Michigan.

And beat Ohio State and won the conference OSU couldn't even get to the championship game in. This is a no-brainer. Only because we have a stupid committee that still doesn't let the games on the field be the final measuring stick was OSU ever an option.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus, the format has been a fricking' dud. Every game except ONE has completely sucked.

Think about this.....

is there another sport were teams compete for a championship more than a month after the regular season? Obviously a lot can happen in a month to mess a team up. The rest of college football gets right to it. I see no rationale for the delay and I think it is part of the reason for the often terrible football we have been seeing in these games.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nick chubb has announced he is coming back to Georgia for his Senior year. FYI

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I didn't know that. It's tough when we think our own team shouldn't make it, but good on you for admitting it :thumbup:

And beat Ohio State and won the conference OSU couldn't even get to the championship game in. This is a no-brainer. Only because we have a stupid committee that still doesn't let the games on the field be the final measuring stick was OSU ever an option.

You know Stout after thinking about it, I think you are right Penn St was more deserving. Their losses came early and they played tough down the stretch. I just went through the other teams and Penn State should have been the team, although I am not sure they would have faired any better the OSU did. That Clemson team is really good.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You know Stout after thinking about it, I think you are right Penn St was more deserving. Their losses came early and they played tough down the stretch. I just went through the other teams and Penn State should have been the team, although I am not sure they would have faired any better the OSU did. That Clemson team is really good.

Glad you're coming around :) I think they at least would have put up points. They played a really good USC team (though not as good defensively as either 'Bama or Clemson) and put up 7x the TOTAL points OSU and Washington did. Obviously I doubt they'd put up 49 against either of the others, but I think they'd put up SOME points :)

On a separate note, I've come around about Palmer. At the tail end of all my arguments, he had that one good game, which I thought was an anomaly. Well, that turned into three great games to end the season. I still don't like the cap hit he has, and I want us getting our QBOF sooner rather than later, but I'm ready to roll with him in 2017.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I do think the playoff will be changed to 8 teams and more emphasis will be put on conference champions. But the day I feel bad for anything that happens to Penn St football...

Nick chubb has announced he is coming back to Georgia for his Senior year. FYI

One of the better college prospects I've seen before shredding his knee. As much as I love Dalvin Cook he wasn't on Chubbs' level pre-injury. That looks like that injury could be Lattimore-esque.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I agree with Stout's rationale. They beat OSU and won probably the toughest division in college football this year. It's not like they skipped playing anybody and got there by a scheduling anomaly. I also think they give Clemson a better game although that wasn't that tough to do.

I thought it was funny they were downgrading PSU because Pitt beat them. The same Pitt that beat Clemson.