Cardinals signed Adrian Wilson to extension!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Awesome.

Nice to see he will retire as a Cardinals and play his entire career here.

Yet, we need to start thinking about his successor.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Unexpected. Good news. I was worried he was going to be a cap causualty in a year or two.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unexpected, welcome to your final deal Adrian. Hope for four more awesome years from you. Groom peterson nicely to take your spot once you are done.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely deserved it after being the defensive MVP with one arm all last season.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Talk is he is taking a pay cut too... Love it when guys are Cardinals for life AND they take pay cuts to help the team..

Jureki also saying this could be a move correlated to helping lock up DWash to a long term deal.. if we can lock him up before the season I will be ridiculously stoked!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now lets pay skelton big money so kolb doesnt get the nod stricly because of his paycheck :)

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thats awesome

Its high time we find his replacement. That doesnt mean replace him right now, hes still playing at a very high level, but the kid should at least be on the roster, watching how Adrian gets it done. Perfect timing. Draft him next year, have him sit for a year and split reps in the remaining years till Adub retires.

I am a little surpised. 4 years? I didnt expect Adub to be playing that much longer. Im thrilled, guys a beast, but its still a little suprising.

seesred

Reaction score
Great news for us. AW not only plays at a high level but his leadership can't be discounted! Thanks AW.

GBR

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Now if we could only get Boldin back, at a huge pay cut, for the slot then I might just cry!

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This one kind of came out of nowhere, and I couldn't be happier about it. A-Dub has solidified himself as one of the classiest Cards of all-time. Excellent move by the FO and a surefire member of the Ring of Honor.

Four more years! Four more years!

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Interesting stuff. It's great to have Adrian on board for hopefully the long-term. He's the heart and soul of the defense in a way that a guy like Dockett can't be and Dansby maybe shouldn't have been. He's come a long way from the sullen guy I saw sulking at a corner table at a Fan Fest nearly a decade ago.

The wisdom of the extension will depend on the money involved, but that's not going to come out today. People asserting that he's somehow taking less money this year than he would've had in his old contract are probably wrong.

But, for now, good for Adrian Wilson and good for the Cards.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The wisdom of the extension will depend on the money involved, but that's not going to come out today. People asserting that he's somehow taking less money this year than he would've had in his old contract are probably wrong.

Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers
NFL source confirmed Adrian Wilson receives a $1.5 m SB, salary drops to around $1.5 in year 1. total pay cut $3.5 m in 2012.

Looks like he's actually taking substantially less money this year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Looks like he's actually taking substantially less money this year.

Okay... but is there a roster bonus in Year 2, easily-obtained playing time upgrades?

Difficult to believe that a player with 2 years left on his deal takes a 50%+ pay cut when the team won't sign any players that matter. What's Arizona's leverage here?

The truth will out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05