Cardinals to play 49ers in Mexico, Oct. 2nd 2005

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as I don't see the price of this game in my season tickets I like this move.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all the whining going on, I feel like I'm at a PMS convention. C'mon guys. National exposure and a chance to show the rest of the NFL what we can do. Who wouldn't jump at the chance? Hopefully, someone will ask DG about it and we can get his opinion.

I don't buy that stuff about losing a home game. We have to learn to win the road games as well. Every year the first two games are away from home because of the heat so we probably wouldn't get a home game during that time frame anyway and for season ticket holders (like myself); they aren't going to charge you for that game.

It's time to push this bird out of the nest and see if it can fly. At least they are pairing us with one of the weaker teams in the NFL. If we can't take advantage of the situation and beat the Niners handily, we don't deserve any good will this team has garnered in the off-season. If we do win and win convincingly, think of the extra merchandise sales and additional fans we'll have. Mr. B has been spending some money, so lets see to it that he has enough in the pot to keep doing it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
As long as I don't see the price of this game in my season tickets I like this move.

:thumbup:

Exactly. Now, theres a chance my wife won't notice the price has gone up 20% and I won't have to agree to another furniture purchase.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
With all the whining going on, I feel like I'm at a PMS convention. C'mon guys. National exposure and a chance to show the rest of the NFL what we can do. Who wouldn't jump at the chance? Hopefully, someone will ask DG about it and we can get his opinion.

I don't buy that stuff about losing a home game. We have to learn to win the road games as well. Every year the first two games are away from home because of the heat so we probably wouldn't get a home game during that time frame anyway and for season ticket holders (like myself); they aren't going to charge you for that game.

It's time to push this bird out of the nest and see if it can fly. At least they are pairing us with one of the weaker teams in the NFL. If we can't take advantage of the situation and beat the Niners handily, we don't deserve any good will this team has garnered in the off-season. If we do win and win convincingly, think of the extra merchandise sales and additional fans we'll have. Mr. B has been spending some money, so lets see to it that he has enough in the pot to keep doing it.
It's not about winning or losing on the scoreboard. It's about having to pay for two preseason games and losing the opportunity to watch MY TEAM play a regular season game at home. I'm pissed.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Cards better put together a huge discount package for any Cards fans that want to attend the game. An all for one package that includes game tickets, hotel, air and transportation from the airport to the hotel. My sister-in-law's family lives a couple hours away from Mexico City so my brother and I might head down. He's been before and said the city was a crowded mess, but apparently there's areas that are pretty nice.

Personally I could care less about this game as long as the extra revenue is spent on the team and not on a new fleet of BMWs or a Bidwill vacation compound.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Ever since the team moved here, I've been one of the diehards that's had to support the team while defending my choice to the many naysayers. I've shelled out my money and taken the ridicule that comes with supporting the team, it's what you do when you're a diehard Cards fan.

Moves like this, shipping a game out to Mexico, give me absolutely zero confidence that the team will smoothly handle the transition from SDS to the new stadium. I can see them bungling the location of seats, priority status of season ticket holders, etc. I guess I'm now in with some of the naysayers, I feel like I'm sitting back waiting to see how the team screws up next (off the field). :bang:

What a joke!!

:|

It will be especially cute when at the end of next year we have a winning home record, a miserable road record, and we miss the playoffs by one game. What a way to transition into that new stadium. The Cards will be richly deserving of that first innaugural game in the un-soldout new stadium. Absolutely pitiful and ridiculous.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
By Darren Urban, Tribune
The Cardinals have never played a game outside the United States. The 49ers have played in eight "American Bowls."
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=37986

... Could've used some fact-checking:

http://www.nflcanada.com/NFLCanadaCanadianRoots/history.html said:
NFL IN CANADA HISTORY

Aug. 5, 1959__Toronto__Chicago Cardinals 55, Toronto (CFL) 26
Aug. 2, 1961__Toronto__St. Louis 36, Toronto (CFL) 7

NFL INTERNATIONAL HISTORY

Aug. 16 1976__Tokyo, Japan__St. Louis 20, San Diego 10

In fact, the Cardinals played in the first American Bowl game.

...dave

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"The Cardinals de Dennis Green and 49ers of Mike Nolan are two tax exemptions that bet to him to the young talent, as sometimes made with as much success Dallas Cowboys." :biglaugh:

I don't mind it too much since it's the 49'ers. I think we should win either way. I just care about wins. Actually I don't mind watching the Cardinals on tv, sometimes better than going to the games. I hate Black Outs and don't feel it's fair since our state has to pay for the stadium either way... :mad:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
Per Dictionary.com Translator:

The author of this note says that she is imminent the announcement from a game between Cardinals and 49ers in Mexico, and she goes to him to Arizona

Boldin and the Cards could see 49ers in Mexico (AP)

Por IVÁN PIRRÓN

Already was just. It already touched to us. And not by the idle, useless question that every year a Mexican journalist does during the week of the Super Bowl: "when a game of regular season will have Mexico". Who really deserve it are the thousands, perhaps million fans whom the NFL in this country has. They are great connoisseurs of the american football and I believe that that has been clear to the league whenever it brings a American Bowl to the Aztec, Monterrey or Guadalajara. Outside the United States, Mexico is the ideal market for the NFL. That it pardons Canada to me. Mexico is the option. For that reason I celebrate so much the imminent party of regular campaign between Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers, the 2 of October in Sunday at night. And surely we will see a good party. I am guaranteed them. Frente.a.frente will be both equipment that will fight the title of the Division the West of the NFC in the future. The Cardinals de Dennis Green and 49ers of Mike Nolan are two tax exemptions that bet to him to the young talent, as sometimes made with as much success Dallas Cowboys. Nevertheless, Green is coach more experimented, than usually it removes aces under the sleeve when it is to recruit novic

Does this mean we get one less home game? In Mexico they will probably draw a 100,000 if it is in one of those soccer stadiums. Wonder how the revenue is split? We will surely make more money than with one of our home games which is probably great for the Bidwills. Wonder how the NFL picked the Cards and S.F.? Can our guys play at 6000 feet? Punters and kickers could set some records.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Solar7 said:
So from reading those goofy translations, I'm assuming that it's not confirmed, just an editorial? I'd be quite heated if we missed a regular season game.

We'd at least have to make it up with 2 postseason home games. :D

Jim Rome talked about it like it was a done deal today.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
daves said:
... Could've used some fact-checking:
In fact, the Cardinals played in the first American Bowl game.
Originally Posted by http://www.nflcanada.com/NFLCanadaCanadianRoots/history.html
NFL IN CANADA HISTORY

Aug. 5, 1959__Toronto__Chicago Cardinals 55, Toronto (CFL) 26
Aug. 2, 1961__Toronto__St. Louis 36, Toronto (CFL) 7

NFL INTERNATIONAL HISTORY

Aug. 16 1976__Tokyo, Japan__St. Louis 20, San Diego 10

...dave

Just noticed...the Cardinals are undefeated outside of the United States...

I might have to change my prediction. :thumbup:

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, if you're going to resurrect this thread, we should find the other ones from April where myself and others went nuts on how bad an idea it is the play a game in Mexico.

Then, again, "bad" seems to be the theme this season . . . :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
Wow, if you're going to resurrect this thread, we should find the other ones from April where myself and others went nuts on how bad an idea it is the play a game in Mexico.

Then, again, "bad" seems to be the theme this season . . . :)

I'm one of the others.

Stupid Mexico game.

:|