Cardinals Win Nfc West

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Amazing. Just got back from the field. It was so much fun.

Hey, I figured out a new way to spot a band-wagoner. If you left the game early to beat traffic, rather than celebrate our first Division Title in Arizona, you must be on the bandwagon.

So yeah, about 80% of the stadium seemed to fit into that category. Couldn't believe how many people ditched early, rather than revel in our first division championship. Made me a little sad to see our players celebrating such a momentous occasion inside an empty nest.

Any-hoo. Congratst to the team and to those fans that have suffered in the Desert heat much longer than me.

Playoffs here we come!

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Cards Win! Cards Win! Cards Win!

This rare taste of football bliss is oh so sweet!!!

Congrats to the Bidwills, Coach Whiz and staff and all the players...NOW WE HAVE A WINNER IN TOWN!!!

Best Wishes to everyone at ASFN!!! You're the man Skkorp!!! And yes, Arthuraccoon, THE CARDINAL SMILES TODAY, my good friend!!!:raccoon::newcards::newcards::newcards::newcards::newcards::newcards::newcards::newcards::newcards:

As for the game:

1. Great that Whiz elected to take the ball after winning the coin toss...and what outstanding play calling on the first two drives, featuring JJ's sweep, Antrel's WR screen, TH's 10th TD, Q's nifty bursts, and Fitz's sweet TD.

2. Yes, Warner made three mistakes...the pick and the two delay of games...but, for what he did in this game...for all the perfect throws, like all the beauties to Breaston, in particular...please, for the love of God people, let it go.

3. The defense was active and hard hitting today...Hayes played his best game as a Cardinal...Dansby was superb...Dockett and Smith (as they go the Cards go) were monsters in the middle...Bertrand Berry played big and it was so great to see him racing off the field waving the NFC West Champs sign...Adrian Wilson doing the Shawne Meeriman (where did that come from?)...Francisco was the best tackler on the field, save Hayes...and practically mad every special teams tackle...and Rod Hood and DRC...what a tandem, and what a pick six by DRC, talk about lightning in a bottle!!!

4. The fans...wow!!! You deserve all of this and more!!!

titan

i hate the farm
Reaction score
just came from the game!!!!!!!!!!!! wow! it was so much fun being there. the fans were very loud and proud. there were very few ram fans there and we couldn't hear them......gabe watson walk around the stadium slaping everyones hand and signing stuff, that was cool. oh and bert berry walk up in front of us with a sign he wrote " division champs" and everyone was yelling berry berry. he dropped down to his knees and had his hands over his face. this was more than i expected, what fun! bill:D

Indiana Hoosier

Registered
Reaction score
Cardinals Win-Cardinals Win (ala Harry Carey) Don't let up, keep winning, (thru you know what). Is it really possible. "You never know"!

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was awesome! Loved being there and loved that DRC was able to put an exclamation point on the win!

artp

Registered
Reaction score
I graduated from college in 1975. I can't ever remember more excited than when DRC picked it off and took it to the house.
Thank you Bill Bidwill for turning the reigns over to Michael

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I am savoring the moment.

Congrats to the team, organization, fans, and all the Cardinals staff, family and friends.

2008 NFC WEST CHAMPIONS - ARIZONA CARDINALS
:newcards:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I was begining to wonder if this day would ever come or if I'd end up like some........ well there really is no ......since even the Red Sox got to the playoffs, hosted a playoff game, that stat has to be the longest in history without hosting a playoff game, wow.

Great job by the team now enjoy it and get busy getting ready to win that game!!!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Somebody pinch me!!!!
You must be registered for see images

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
I wanted to come back on here and say congrats on winning the division and good luck in the playoffs. Enjoy the playoffs my friends :thumbup::cheers::beer:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To all my ASFN friends, CONGRATS! HOLY COW ,WE DID IT!

Thanks to all of you that have stuck by this team. We may not always agree but we do have one common goal.

NFC WEST CHAMPS!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Here's to all the hardcore ballers that stuck it out.

In '98 we picked the lock on the door.

In '08 we kicked that mother down.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
z- Arizona Cardinals 8 5 0
San Francisco 49ers 5 8 0
Seattle Seahawks 2 11 0
St. Louis Rams 2 11 0

z - Clinched Division

how cool does that little "z" look in front of the Cards? WOW. Waited forever to see that!

Last edited:

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Congrats Cards!!!!!!!!! I know I came down pretty hard on them after the Eagles game, but I am very proud of this team and what they have become. I have come to expect a lot from this team and am so glad that Wiz is our coach. I was hoping they would get him since November 2006 and has already exceeding my expectations of where I was hoping they would be after 2 seasons. This is awesome.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Moved to Charlotte, NC last year and I really wish I could have been there.

I sat through Dave Kreig, watched as the Cards brought in Tony McCoy as a signature free agent (who), and scratched my head when the team cut Larry Centers. I watched twelve years of football in the desert. I marvelled as inferior teams beat my Redbirds and winced as superior teams destroyed them.

What makes this sweet is that unlike '98 when we thought that maybe that would be a good year (when the drama played out until that last Jacke kick)this year we knew early that this was a special team. Here's hoping we don't have to wait another 10 years for another.

I'm happy for the Cards but sorely miss the valley. Next week when you walk into the stadium, remember of how lucky you are.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Amazing. Just got back from the field. It was so much fun.

Hey, I figured out a new way to spot a band-wagoner. If you left the game early to beat traffic, rather than celebrate our first Division Title in Arizona, you must be on the bandwagon.

So yeah, about 80% of the stadium seemed to fit into that category. Couldn't believe how many people ditched early, rather than revel in our first division championship. Made me a little sad to see our players celebrating such a momentous occasion inside an empty nest.

Any-hoo. Congratst to the team and to those fans that have suffered in the Desert heat much longer than me.

Playoffs here we come!

I said the same thing: those that stayed until the field cleared were the old-faithful from SDS.

I would estimate about 20% no-shows, and the crowd was quiet compared to past games.

LoL, that and the guy behind me who said (and I quote) "This is the team that used to be in Stl Louis, right? Is that when Kurt Warner was there?"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05