Cards All in on Matty

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
THESMEL, I have to ask because you've got me curious: Did you go to SC? Any family members at SC?

Dems

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Score less than 20 points in an NFL game, you are going to lose the majority of the time. I'm not sure why this is even up for debate. Perhaps my expectations are just higher than other people? I saw this team play in the Super Bowl and almost win it just 2 seasons ago, I know what the team is capable of with a good QB and I want more of that.

As I've said repeatedly, I would love nothing more than to see Leinart prove me wrong. There is more to playing QB than having a strong arm. More than 50% of a QB's success rides on how he handles himself in the huddle. Do his teammates believe in him and respect him? Without that he simply won't succeed.

This team isn't that team.

Kurt Warner
Mike Gandy
Antrel Rolle
Rod Hood
Karlos Dansby
Antonio Smith
Edgerrin James
Neil Rackers

Not to mention Todd Haley and Clancy Pendergast. Good or bad, that team is gone, and it's not coming back.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
This team isn't that team.

Kurt Warner
Mike Gandy
Antrel Rolle
Rod Hood
Karlos Dansby
Antonio Smith
Edgerrin James
Neil Rackers

Not to mention Todd Haley and Clancy Pendergast. Good or bad, that team is gone, and it's not coming back.
Hey...you left out Aaron Francisco!

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
no

I went ASU and hated USC but I respect talent. and after reading the new Cards site post about Anderson starting, I hope DA does well, But Matts the starter.

I wonder why the Oline and THT is playing so lousy for Matt? I don't trust Whisenhunt any more, I hope its by design, He made a shout out to the nervous fans at the end of that read.

I have one thing to say to Whiz!

NO DUH you big Stupid!

“I sense from our fans a little bit of discomfort because we don’t have the same guys we have had in there, and I understand that,” Whisenhunt said. “But I feel very good about the players we have on this team and knowing we will have the right combination when we start our season.”

THESMEL, I have to ask because you've got me curious: Did you go to SC? Any family members at SC?

Dems

Last edited:

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I went ASU and hated USC but I respect talent.

I have to say I give you all the credit in the world for that. I learned a few things about Matt from reading your posts and I appreciate that.

I am in the Whiz fan club though.

Last edited:

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
Well lets see coach Whiz calls off a TD in practice to see how KURT WARNER, Josh Mcnown, Peyton Manning, Jeff Blake, Max Hall or whomever else you want to place in their responds!

I know how I'de respond, I would rather play somewhere else like Q, Rolle, Dansby and others! or retire like Kurt Warner or Bertrand Berry. Thats wrong man.

Lets switch up the oline after a SB and playoffs together to see Matt's response? sound like a plan!.

Or better yet lets throw a bomb to a rookie FA WR we started in place of others on 3rd and 1, so We can see how our young QB responds to coaching stupidity in front of a national MNF audiance, that pulled our QB apart by by the limbs on MNcountdown moments before.

Lets start THT to keep Beanie hungry for carries this 3rd game, If THT gets negative yardage the first 3 carries again and 3 yards in 5 carries again, We will get an even better oppurtunity to see how Matt Leinert responds to coaching stupidity.

sorry we threw 600 times to THT's and Beanies 325 carries last year with Kurt Warner. Warners gone and Whiz still allergic to balance. The saint ran more than they passed last year, had the top passing offense and destroyed us like a HS football team.

And DD thinks he's a God and deserves top Dline money, with 7 sacks and a pro bowl. 45 points each game in the playoffs and we look even worse at pass rushing.

Matt leinart was Our best player on the starting offense by far, He did his job 90 + QB rating for the preseason! but Whiz aint got the others ready to play. To see how matt responds to pressure.

I'm sorry but I'm angry at ESPN and tired of treating Whiz like a god as He promises and diagnosis balance and trhan avoids it like a plague. KW coould have used more balance to stay upright.

Geeze man! Open your eyes. What has he shown you since he's been in AZ? I mean really, as a true football fan. Why is it others could see this coming but not you? And I'm talking about the fans as well as the media. Now what's next? Are you going to move on to another team?

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
yea

Me too but man I am angry at whiz, ESPN, MNF, Gambo and Ash. for all the reasons I've said. I have never seen such bafoonery.

ESPN has a story about how they planned to ambush Matt Leinart, premeditated murder of our starting QB on National TV. Whiz hands them the gun and pumps as much pressure on our young QB as humanely possible!

Whiz says,
Lets see how He handles this one! If He survives he'll be a tough little Cardinal.

Even Rex Ryan messes with the other teams heads and protects his own.
I bet Matty's hoping for his softer easier times like this night.

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart did what most Americans would probably do if they awoke in the middle of the night to find they'd been stung by a scorpion.

"I went on Google," Leinart told XTRA910 radio in Phoenix.

After some online research, Leinart wound up calling poison control. A cold pack wound up being enough to treat the injury. Leinart said he went back to bed in another room, just to be safe. He also offered thoughts on Pete Carroll during this interview. Leinart said he's been in touch with Lofa Tatupu and others.

I have to say I give you all the credit in the world for that. I learned a few things about Matt from reading your posts and I appreciate that.

I am in the Whiz fan club though.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
My Eyes are Wide Open

I'll start with this as the many reasons I got Matty's back, And don't hope I'm a Cards fan, you know metal bleachers in the sun while its 108 in the shade at SDS Cards fan.
you know Neil Lomax, Tom Tupa, Tim Rosenbach, Boomer Esiason, jeff Blake, Chis Chandler, type Cards fan

One that appreciates the likes of Matt Leinart and won't back down for love nor Money.

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/roster/Matt-Leinart/8c345c7b-7ce1-4eec-931e-9cff475e2c99
NoteCARDS:
• The second quarterback taken in the 2006 NFL Draft (Titans, Vince Young, 3rd overall), selected by the Cardinals with the 10th overall pick. In four NFL seasons, has made a total of 17 starts.
• Took over the Cards starting QB spot in week 5 of his rookie campaign and started the next 11 games; missed the season finale at San Diego after injuring his left shoulder in game 15.
• In his second NFL season in 2007, started the first five games before suffering a season-ending collarbone injury at St. Louis (10/7).
• Only start in the last two seasons came on 11/29/09 @ Tennessee when he found out the morning of the game that Kurt Warner (head) could not go. In a hostile environment against a hot Titans team, Leinart passed for 220 yards in a mistake-free game and had AZ in the lead before a 99-yard drive and last second TD lost it.
• Named the “Arizona Cardinals/Walter Payton NFL Man of The Year,” which recognizes a player’s off-the-field community service.
• In 2006, became the first Cardinals QB since Jake Plummer in 2001 to have three games in a season with a 100+ QB rating (all were in his final six starts of ’06).
• Became the first rookie in NFL history to throw for over 400 yards in a game when he passed for 405 at Minnesota on 11/26/06. The previous league record belonged to Plummer who threw for 388 yards against the New York Giants on 11/16/97. Leinart’s record has since been surpassed by Detroit’s Matthew Stafford (422 yards).
• Leinart's 2,547 yards passing in 2006 also broke Plummer's franchise rookie record of 2,203 yards, set in 1997.
• Became first QB in NFL history to throw two TD passes in the first quarter of each of his first two games when he did it in 2006 vs. Kansas City and Chicago.
• Recorded a 37-2 record as a starter at USC, a 94.8% winning percentage.
• Led USC to National Championships in 2003 and 2004, becoming only the third quarterback in the last 30 years to lead his team to back-to-back National Championships.
• Holds the USC and Pac-10 record for career TD passes with 99, shattering the previous school record of 72 set by Carson Palmer and the conference record of 77 set by Stanford’s John Elway.

Geeze man! Open your eyes. What has he shown you since he's been in AZ? I mean really, as a true football fan. Why is it others could see this coming but not you? And I'm talking about the fans as well as the media. Now what's next? Are you going to move on to another team?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Thesmel,

I'm in Leinart's corner with you...but sometimes a change of scenery does a career good!!! Matt isn't acting or performing on the field like he did his rookie year. This guy mentally is toast & the faster we as fans accept that the better off we will be. If I were the HC I would have given Leinart the whole season to prove/disprove his draft position. I really believe the players don't believe in him being the QB at this point & his body language says he's done. DA isn't the answer so it will be time at some point of the season to find out which rookie could possibly lead this team.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
NO I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS!

I DON'T CARE ABOUT MATT BEING THE QB OR NOT BUT THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE IN TERMS OF FAILURE TO PLAN AROUND THIS.

If they did not already know this about MAtt they are idiots, and don't give me he was bad this pre-season or any other such bunk, who is running this team?

We had a whole offseason to find a replacement for Warner or at least draft one, trade for one, sign one, but the best we got is DA?

WRONG ANSWER!

I'm glad I canceled my Direct TV NFL ticket, I can watch the little football go the wrong way on it for free.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
OK

Ok bucky thanks but I'm perturbed beyond Matt Leinart.

When are we going to start Beanie
When are we going to run the ball more than 30% of the time?
Who's calling the plays?
When are we going to practice running the ball more than 30% of the time to give any QB what they NEED to succeed.

Who is this head coach and what have you done with my
WHISENHUNT!

Conrad Dobbler against Darnell Dockett now that would be nuthing but Nasty!

Thesmel,

I'm in Leinart's corner with you...but sometimes a change of scenery does a career good!!! Matt isn't acting or performing on the field like he did his rookie year. This guy mentally is toast & the faster we as fans accept that the better off we will be. If I were the HC I would have given Leinart the whole season to prove/disprove his draft position. I really believe the players don't believe in him being the QB at this point & his body language says he's done. DA isn't the answer so it will be time at some point of the season to find out which rookie could possibly lead this team.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
no

i'll slow down a bit. I apoligise.
I've been a Cardinals fan since the came here in 1988, I've spent much time on SDS metal bleachers in the small crowds. I was a Cleveland Brown fan prior to the Cards move. Leroy Kelly is my favorite player of all time for many reasons.

I became a Matt fan when He fell to the Cards in the 2006 draft. I think was and is a Godsend to the Cardinals. I have seen every snap He has played for the Cardinals and studied him up after the 06 draft.

He was not even the backup on his first NCAA Championship team. He lead and destroyed most pac 10 records for passing and TD's winning the next 2 NCAA Championships, was a minute away from the 3rd in a row. That would have made him the undisputed best college QB of all time with a 38-1 record.

He came to the Cardinals and worked hard and played hard. Basically pulled a Joe Nameth and was shunned by the fanbase and local media. Kurt Warner went 1-4 in 06 and was booed off te field, but not by me!

Matt started against the Bears on MNM the next week. He played great and destroyed an elite Bears defense that went to the Super bowl that year. the most outstanding rookie QB performance I have ever witnessed in the most devastating loss I've ever witnessed as a Brown and A Cardinal fan. ( see the fumble and the Drive for more information)

Matt went on to post NFL rookie records in most in single game yardage of 405 against minnisota, first rookie QB to throw 2 TD's in the first quarter of his first 2 NFL starts. 4 of his lat 6 rookie starts had a 100+ QB rating, over 2500 yards in 11 games projecting to well over 4000 yards in a 16 game season. 200 yard plus games were to many to remember as a rookie.
Matt was an is not a bum or a bust QB!

In 07 he beat SB winning MVP QB Kurt Warner heads up for new coach Ken Whisenhunt. Coach decided to implement the first successfull 2 QB system in the NFL. after solid beating of the Pittsburg Steelers, Matt Leinert had his collar bone broken for our entertainment. He was placed on injured reserve as Kurt Warner took over the team and Coach Whisenhunt adapted scheme and players to Kurts strengths. Edge had 1222 yards that year for our 2nd straight 1000 yard rusher ever in Arizona.

Matt Leinart competed in a close 08 camp against Kurt Warner and had 1 bad preseason game against the Oakland Raider. Kurt Warner took the reigns and threw like his hair was on fire and destroyed the NFCW 1/2 way through the season. kurt wws the most spectacular QB to ever play the game when you average in the 4 games a year that he fumbled or threw interceptions that crippled any chance of winning. We went 9-7 reinsertewd Edge and drove through the playoffs to the SB.

Kurt lead us through the NFCW to the playoffs a 2nd year in a row in spite of his 4 regular scheduled turnover fests. Matt held the clip board quietly and professionally. Matt Leinert got spot duty and a start against a surging Titan team. He did his part again with no starter practice snaps. just like MNM the defense and the team let down a good performance by Matt.

Not Flacco, nor Ryan, cutler nor Stafford or Bradford, Vince Young or Peyton nor alex Smith or Hasselback (either Hasselback) ever had to compete against a SB winning MVP HOF QB that found his game, for their starting position.

eli and Steve Young are the closest comparison? Brees and Rivers was a tough camp honorable mention.

Kurt retires, Matt works hard connects on 8-11 passes against all out blitzes testing him as young QB. just what do you want from Matt Leinert? a first down? a score? well yea, I agree. but Even Kurt needed help at times, The Oline shuffled for no apparent good reason, THT goes 5 carries for 3 yards and ESPN talking heads go TV and call Matt the antichrist.

treat him worse than Mike Vick and Ryan Leaf, Like He ripped off the Cardinals and their fans. If we aint got Matt's back who does. I tell you who the team ike Lombardi roots for is who.

Whiz needs to put matt in the best enviroment to win. I'm sure Pete Carrol didn't stay up all night thinking of ways to test Matts resolve, repionser his fortitude. He's got a whole set of rings for it. lets feed Matt's good dog, starve the bad.

Lets rally around Matt Leinart, 8-11 is pretty darn perfect! 90+ qB rating against blitzing Titans and Houston, including the Keith's um dancing with the cars routine.
yea this