Cards' Bryant arrested: drunken driving

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Arizona Cardinals defensive tackle Wendall Bryant is due to appear in Dane County Circuit Court Thursday on drunken driving charges.

University of Wisconsin-Madison police arrested Bryant, a former Wisconsin star who still lives near campus, on June 27.

Police say a caller reported a reckless driver around 4:30 a.m. and the vehicle was parked near a convenience store. Police said they found the car, which then left the store and ran a flashing red light.

The car was traveling about 45 mph in a 25-mph zone before they stopped it, police said.

Bryant was issued citations for operating under the influence, speeding, failing to stop for a flashing red light and operating a vehicle with a prohibited alcohol concentration of .10 percent or more. The legal limit in Wisconsin is 0.08 percent.

The 6-foot-4, 310-pound Bryant started 37 games for Wisconsin. He had 24 sacks in his career -- fifth all-time for the Badgers -- and 41 of his 189 tackles were for a loss.

He was the 12th overall pick in the 2002 NFL draft. In two seasons with the Cardinals, he has played in 26 games, recording 38 tackles and 1 1/2 sacks.

UW-Madison police said they had no further information when contacted by The Associated Press on Saturday. Bryant's number was unlisted.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no excuse for drinking and driving. None.

What a loser.

I'm glad someone called the police and got him off the road before he killed someone else, or even himself.

spanky1

Reaction score
Oran said:
What will he miss, one game?

First offense = zero

But he is now on the leagues and the coaches radar screen. One more faux pas and then the suspensions start...........coach Green is going to be pissed at this, I can assure you!

spanky1

Reaction score
vince56 said:
:bang:

:wave: bye bye Wendell.

As has been said in history,"the reports of my demise are premature".........

This is alcohol related........his error was getting behind the wheel and in the DUI.

Drinking alcohol is not against the rules..... at least not until your first DUI.

We don't have anybody else to take his place anyway.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wendell is still a kid. This may be good for him. Don't write him off yet.

We'll soon see what kind of shape he's in when he comes back. I've been wondering which player(s) would get in trouble in July. July is really their only month off anymore. Thet get 2 or 3 weeks here and there between minicamps and off-season programs but from mid-June through usually the third week in July, they get a 5 or 6 week break and that's when they usually get in trouble.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Wendell is still a kid. This may be good for him.

I suppose you're right. He's likely just following in the footsteps of Ray "DUI" Thompson. :rolleyes:

Support the guy all you want as a player, but there is NO excuse for drinking and driving. He's lucky no one got killed.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
What I want to know is how much drinking does a 310 lbs man have to do to be considered legally drunk?

He had to of thrown back a lot of brews.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
What a LOOOOOOZZZZZAAAAAAARRRRRRRR

I have no pity in my heart for a drunk driver! Yes, he's young and obviously dumb...but, how many times has he goten behind the wheel, after drinking, and not gotten caught? I hope they throw the book at him...Too bad this was in Wisconsin and not Maricopa County...I'd love Sheriff Joe to get ahold of this moron and knock some sense into him!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05