Cards Falcons Game Thread

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Q almost single handedly won that game today.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
I hate to take a negative spin on a win but this win feels hollow. This was a game we could have put our stamp on and got people thinkg about next year but it looked all too familiar. But a win is a win is a win.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I hate to take a negative spin on a win but this win feels hollow. This was a game we could have put our stamp on and got people thinkg about next year but it looked all too familiar. But a win is a win is a win.

As the week goes on I think(for me anyway) it will fell less hollow. We lost games this way plenty of times this century, surely we're due for some wins.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Of course a win is much much better, but don't bury your head in the sand and ignore that this team sucks, both coaches and players except for a handfull of them.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course a win is much much better, but don't bury your head in the sand and ignore that this team sucks, both coaches and players except for a handfull of them.

Talk about an overreaction.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
It really seems this team cannot play well with a lead. The offense goes into a shell and the D gives way to much cushion on the WR. That was a truly terrible 4th quarter...

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
The beauty of the NFL is that a win is a win is a win. I would rather play horribly and win then play well and lose.

I was going to go ballistic if we lost this game. But we didn't.

And in the offseason when we are reflecting and thinking about how we anticipate next year will play out - we will form our judgements (assuming we beat the Rams) based on the record rather then how we individually played each game.

And thats fine - with this team the perception is more important then the reality. At some point these players will just have to believe.

I think what is skewing alot of peoples perceptions is that we are not the same team (and especially defense) that we were the first 6 games. The talent level just isn't there. Everyone keeps talking about our secondary but we lost our #1 corner and best player from that unit. What do you expect?

Needless to say - I'll take it.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
It really seems this team cannot play well with a lead. The offense goes into a shell and the D gives way to much cushion on the WR. That was a truly terrible 4th quarter...
It was an entire 2nd half, the offense couldn't move, the defense gave up yards and scores, the special team was nothing special.

And we are talking about against one of the worst teams.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
That may be because they are nvere used to playing with a lead.They usually are scrambling their way back into games.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I see he fumbled one. Was it his old man hands? Or a bad snap? Howd tht go down? Other than that his numbers look fan freakin tastic

One of those bad exchanges, but they never replayed it to see exactly how it happened.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The beauty of the NFL is that a win is a win is a win. I would rather play horribly and win then play well and lose.

I was going to go ballistic if we lost this game. But we didn't.

And in the offseason when we are reflecting and thinking about how we anticipate next year will play out - we will form our judgements (assuming we beat the Rams) based on the record rather then how we individually played each game.

And thats fine - with this team the perception is more important then the reality. At some point these players will just have to believe.

I think what is skewing alot of peoples perceptions is that we are not the same team (and especially defense) that we were the first 6 games. The talent level just isn't there. Everyone keeps talking about our secondary but we lost our #1 corner and best player from that unit. What do you expect?

Needless to say - I'll take it.

Well stated.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Peeps, we are 7-8 with a chance to hit .500 next week.

I'm not doing cartwheels or anything, but some reactions need to be tempered.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peeps, we are 7-8 with a chance to hit .500 next week.

I'm not doing cartwheels or anything, but some reactions need to be tempered.

Yup .500 ball is a HUGE step in the right direction with this team. Especially .500 ball with our health the way it is and has been with KEY players.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you ever been LESS excited about a Cardinal win before?

there was a game back in 1996 when we beat the Skins 27 to 24 with a last second FG, which brought us to 7-8, after we had climbed our way up to 6-6 and in control of our playoff destiny, only to follow it up with two straight road game ass kickings. Same kind of thing here. Too little, too late win... although this one's a little less exciting considering the Skins were actually an NFL football team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people cant be pleased no matter what. We win and some are not happy... I dont get it...:shrug:

barley beating a horrific team in a meaningless game isn't much to stoke my ticker. I'm happy they won, but there was nothing exciting about it to me.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I guess as Cardinals fans our expectations level is quite low... so we get satisfied with very little.